#61 Morames

Morames

The Tall

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 September 2014 - 17:47

When I started this thread, the distributor told me she has them in hand. She said she was told to hang onto them but that they would be distributed shortly. I guess Nathan wanted to perfect a couple things? I'm sorry I didn't realize soon meant in that, grand scheme of things, sense. A blink to God can be eons to us. So what is, soon, to someone like Nathan? It appears to be months. My bad.

#62 Agge

Agge

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 September 2014 - 16:39

Okay, but out from what?  And which months?  My guess at this point would be out from the year A.D. 3978, and the months are  two of the big months with 31 days.

I don't want to say who giving that the information might have been meant to be public yet.

And the only information I have is that "it looks more like it is two months now".

So I asume ca 2 mounts from now giving a span of 30-90 days from now

#63 Icywolfe

Icywolfe

Dunce

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 September 2014 - 18:55

Why is the price so dam high. The price is almost competing with Pilot and Platinum music nibs that are gold. I was hoping for sub 50 usd music nib pen.

pilot_zps864ed46a.png

Owns(Pen): Noodler's Rollerball, 4x Platinum Preppy, Noodler's Creaper, Noodler's Ahab, 2x GPC Nibs, 2x Jinhao X750, Jinhao X450, Lamy AL-Star

Owns/Uses(Ink): DeAtramentis Fir, DeAtramentis Cola, Noodler's Black, Noodler's Kung Te-cheng, Noodler's Blue Ghost, Noodler's LE

#64 CaptainBA

CaptainBA

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 September 2014 - 00:50

Not sure if everyone is on Facebook here. I thought I'd share this screenshot to increase hype. Anyone going to the Dallas Pen Show? Perhaps they'll have Neponsets there to try out/sell? 

enSPHwk.png?1

I'll keep on struggling, 'cause that's the measure of a man.

#65 Morames

Morames

The Tall

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:06

I had a chance today to go to the Dallas pen show, since I'm a local. The suppliers had several, maybe 5, Neponsets there. I even got the chance to hold, and write with the ebonite green one. The pen probably was not tuned entirely correctly, but it puts down a ridiculous amount of ink. I didn't really get a chance to test the flex, due to my 2 year old (see avatar pic) being at his wits end by the time I discovered they were there at the show. I really like the size of the pen, I'd say it's maybe on par with the MB 149, maybe a little thinner. I did not open up the barrel to investigate the ink supply. In my giddy state I also lost my ability to think through the experience in a meaningful manner at the time. It did not appear to be a stub type nib, but instead maybe a Med, Bold, or with how much ink dumped onto the paper, a C sized nib. I didn't take the time to compare the nib size with the Konrad sitting next to it, again sorry. There were so many things I only thought of once I got home.

So the supplier said they should be able to ship them out closer to the end of October, beginning of November...he hoped. If you search noodler's ink online, you can stumble across the supplier as Nathan doesn't manage the site. They have a Twitter account where they will announce when the pens are able to go out to suppliers. Also of interest, he said they have been having quality control issues on the Konrad, which is why they have been in shorter supply of late.

I hope this makes up a little for my initial eagerness in my OP.

At the moment, I think I'm going to let some expert reviewers get ahold of the pen first, maybe watch Brian Goulet's (not affiliated) video if/when he does one for this pen. He will have more time to play with the nib and feed to find out if I just am clueless at using fountain pens, or it really is a bottle a minute kind of pen. I'm thinking it would be comparable to a Ford Excursion where my TWSBI Vac 700 EF is more like a Toyota Prius. In case someone out there needs a mental picture of ink usage.

#66 TXKat

TXKat

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:14

Saw this pen at the Dallas Pen Show....omg.............smoooooooth! Writes like a dream! WANT!!!

#67 Omnias

Omnias

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 October 2014 - 01:08

The wait for the Neponset is killing me! (But it is good for letting my wallet recover until the release) The colour shift of the new Dromgoole ink is also cool but idk if I need that colour. My only thing with the Neponset is I don't particularly like most Ebonite designs, they tend to be boring dull earth tones, but some pictures show iridescence so who knows. Hopefully for $75 the QC is much higher so that no tinkering is needed, I also wonder if the flex has any negative effects on music nibs since the middle tine is directly on the paper bending backwards... I can't believe I didn't know about the Dallas Pen show... I was literally in Waco, just 1-1/2 hours away from there to try out the new pens... So close!

A tidbit of trivia: it appears the name Neponset may be based off of the Neponset River in Massachussetts.

Edited by Omnias, 12 October 2014 - 19:41.

#68 fasthall

fasthall

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Today, 02:41

The wait for the Neponset is killing me! (But it is good for letting my wallet recover until the release) The colour shift of the new Dromgoole ink is also cool but idk if I need that colour. My only thing with the Neponset is I don't particularly like most Ebonite designs, they tend to be boring dull earth tones, but some pictures show iridescence so who knows. Hopefully for $75 the QC is much higher so that no tinkering is needed, I also wonder if the flex has any negative effects on music nibs since the middle tine is directly on the paper bending backwards... I can't believe I didn't know about the Dallas Pen show... I was literally in Waco, just 1-1/2 hours away from there to try out the new pens... So close!

A tidbit of trivia: it appears the name Neponset may be based off of the Neponset River in Massachussetts.

According to Nathan, Neponset is named after an airship of his grandfather's company.

Edited by fasthall, Today, 02:44.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noodlers, neponset