Tomoe River In Uk And Europe; £10 For 100 Sheets Anyone?

Sach

Taking note of everyone's orders on this thread. Demand it seems, is greater than I anticipated and I need to keep some for myself too!

For everyone that is placing a large order; I will try to accommodate, but will try to ensure everyone has at least a 100 sheets to remain utilitarian and to be fair to everyone! This applies to all Personal messages as well...!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sach

• DrRoger

• Renfield

• blackcat99

Taking note of everyone's orders on this thread. Demand it seems, is greater than I anticipated and I need to keep some for myself too!

For everyone that is placing a large order; I will try to accommodate, but will try to ensure everyone has at least a 100 sheets to remain utilitarian and to be fair to everyone! This applies to all Personal messages as well...!

I can just see it now.....

FP User 1: I ordered 100 sheets

FP User 2: I ordered 100 sheets

FP User 3: I ordered 100 sheets and so did my wife!

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Hello

Please sign me up for 100 sheets of white and 100 of cream. I'm in the UK and assume you would post them together rather than in two parcels.

Thank you.

David.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Has anything come of this? I would like to find some UK supplies. Any UK based recommendations for Japanese paper also welcome. R

As someone said, this isn't a group buy.

I ran the UK Ink sample Group for a year, and I didnt take (and never intended) to make any profit, but I can say that the process of ordering the materials, decanting them into vials, packing them up and sending them off was a minimum of 4 hours per month (And that's not including my wife providing writing samples at about 5 hours per month)

I did it through choice, and enjoyed the process.

Fionafish who ran the Akkerman samples, did it for the same reason. And with zero profit.

Renfield did a wonderful job with the UK ink samples. For various personal reasons, I didn't contribute much to the conversation about this, but it was a fabulous experience, and I give heartfelt thanks to Renfield and his family for putting such time and effort into running the ink sample task.

The paper sounds a great deal to me.

But its bloody hard work.

This is a simple transaction. But considering the OP is investing the money to buy the paper, organise shipping, then has to count out all those pages into batches of 100, then find a way to package them up so that they dont bend, and then lug them to the post office.

As someone who appreciates how much work that will be going into it, I would expect it to turn a profit.

Postage alone is going to be somewhere in the region of £1.65 (up to 500g)

A 80 page Rhodia pad will run you almost a fiver.....

So the price sounds very fair to me.

Ren

Hi everyone

Still waiting as yet. Thanks for your patience, and I'll be in touch as soon as it arrives..!

If I'm not too late I'd go for 100 white please, just picked up the thread... durrrr...

Fab offer: if you still have any open I would love 300pages of the cream and 100pages of the white.

Wish list: Aurora Optima

Current inked Pens: Pilot Decimo - Noodlers BBH, MB Mozart - MB Lavender

Pelikan M150 - Noodlers Kung te Cheng

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone

Thanks for waiting. I received my long awaited and prized Tomoe River paper in white. For everyone that has been in touch, I will start posting out soon. I've already started packing the paper into 100 sheets packets, and will begin sending them out next week.

Once again, thanks for being patient!

Sach

I was in the first 10 - to reply to this message anyway ....... mind you it was cream so..

Dear all

My personal messenger has stopped working. I got down to sending PMs to the 30th post, so if you sent a reply after the 30th post then please PM me so I can respond back!

Has this happened to anyone else before?

Hi everyone!

I sent out the first five parcels on Friday. I've been really fussy about getting the packaging perfect so as to get the paper to you in perfect condition. I've done most packs now, and the bulk will be posted in the next week!

Please do let me know your vies on the packaging and the paper!