Tomoe River In Uk And Europe; £10 For 100 Sheets Anyone?

Sach

I'm taking note of everyone that is interested. I'll have the white in the next few weeks, and some cream a little later. Everyone that has already responded will be given priority as the supply will be limited, so if any one else want some then let me know soon..!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sach

• DrRoger

• Renfield

• blackcat99

That sir, is just downright cheeky!

If you don't like the price don't order any!

beejay

It's nice to see some transparency with these group buy's such as with the Ackkerman one a while back. It's just 10p a sheet seems a bit pricey and if I knew the the OP's costs ex shipping were about this I may be interested.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/248891-uk-akkerman-sample-ink-buy/

As I said, I'm very interested but would like to know how much shipping to Belgium before saying yes definitively! :)

I'm taking note if all interested individuals on this thread, and I'll PM everyone from this thread in the next few weeks.

I'm taking note if all interested individuals on this thread, and I'll PM everyone from this thread in the next few weeks.

Thanks! :thumbup:

What a strange world we live in, where people communicate by text more than ever before, yet the art of proper handwriting is seen as a thing from the past.

http://null.aleturo.com/Dumatborlon/Badges/5EH4/letter.png

Hello, I'd be very interested in 100 sheets, thank you.

Wouldn't it be great if Nakaya used TWSBI piston fillers instead of Platinum cartridge converters?

It's nice to see some transparency with these group buy's such as with the Ackkerman one a while back. It's just 10p a sheet seems a bit pricey and if I knew the the OP's costs ex shipping were about this I may be interested.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/248891-uk-akkerman-sample-ink-buy/

This price compares well to buying from US suppliers, if you add their extortionate shipping, and is a similar price to some 100 sheets packs I sold earlier in the year.

The price of Tomoe isn't a secret, if you bothered to check yourself. It's around $81 per 4000 sheets from Rakuten. BUT the shipping is a killer. You can add over $200 to the UK plus any import VAT, custom duty, and then postage per 100 sheets within the UK to the buyer. Plus packaging materials and cost of Sach's time.

This isn't strictly a group buy anyway. This is a straight forward offer to sell. And Sach is under no obligation to tell anyone what her/his costs are. As beejay said you can always go elsewhere if you don't like the price. Good luck finding anywhere much cheaper.

Edited by apenpusher

This price compares well to buying from US suppliers, if you add their extortionate shipping, and is a similar price to some 100 sheets packs I sold earlier in the year.

The price of Tomoe isn't a secret, if you bothered to check yourself. It's around $81 per 4000 sheets from Rakuten. BUT the shipping is a killer. You can add over $200 to the UK plus any import VAT, custom duty, and then postage per 100 sheets within the UK to the buyer. Plus packaging materials and cost of Sach's time.

This isn't strictly a group buy anyway. This is a straight forward offer to sell. And Sach is under no obligation to tell anyone what her/his costs are. As beejay said you can always go elsewhere if you don't like the price. Good luck finding anywhere much cheaper.

Thanks buddy! I'm not trying to rip anyone from our community here and have looked at the American prices. Paper unfortunately is flipping heavy and yes the shipping cost do exceed the price of the paper itself, as almost everyone here already knows!

I am definitely interested In 100 sheets of white.

www.thepenandinkwell.com @ inkwellpens

As someone said, this isn't a group buy.

I ran the UK Ink sample Group for a year, and I didnt take (and never intended) to make any profit, but I can say that the process of ordering the materials, decanting them into vials, packing them up and sending them off was a minimum of 4 hours per month (And that's not including my wife providing writing samples at about 5 hours per month)

I did it through choice, and enjoyed the process.

Fionafish who ran the Akkerman samples, did it for the same reason. And with zero profit.

But its bloody hard work.

This is a simple transaction. But considering the OP is investing the money to buy the paper, organise shipping, then has to count out all those pages into batches of 100, then find a way to package them up so that they dont bend, and then lug them to the post office.

As someone who appreciates how much work that will be going into it, I would expect it to turn a profit.

Postage alone is going to be somewhere in the region of £1.65 (up to 500g)

A 80 page Rhodia pad will run you almost a fiver.....

So the price sounds very fair to me.

Ren

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

I'd like to buy 100 white if the shipping to Finland is not that expensive. Might also like to buy some cream colored later.

Non notisi signi.

I would love to try this paper.

If you still have 100 sheets left, and a quote (or estimate) for shipping to the Netherlands, put me on the list.

Thank you :thumbup:

I'm interested in 100 sheets of white, either in this batch if there's still availability or if you do a 2nd.

I'm in the UK.

Best wishes

Instagram @inkysloth

Please count me in for 100 sheets of your current white if you have room. If you are getting some cream, then please count me in for 100 sheets of cream too.

Hope I am not too late..... been away.

If you still have availability please count me in for 100 sheets A4 White. I will also be interested in the cream when that becomes available.

Falcon

All new requests noted!

I'll have to allocate the paper chronologically with respect to replies I get in this thread and PMs I've received.

I would be interested in a couple of white 200 sheet stacks, but would need to know the shipping cost to Switzerland.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem (Remember when life's path is steep to keep your mind even)http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

Hopefully I'm not too late for this.

I would be interested in 300 sheets (or a full ream if possible) provided that the postage to Finland isn't too excessive.