The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Back Pocket Journal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kenmc

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2014 - 14:10

I received a pack of three Back Pocket Journals a week or so ago. I chose the Tomoe River edition since I knew the paper was going to be fp friendly and has more pages. I ordered it from Curnow Bookbinding & Leatherwork and was pleased to receive it in about two days! The Tomoe version comes with blank paper but not to worry, Steve sends a nice lined card that can serve as a line guide and/or bookmark. I find them totally worth the extra $2.50 more than Field Notes since FN is usesless to me for fountain pen writing.

No affiliation - just wanted to share news of a great product.

Ken McDaniel

Sponsored Content

#2 TheModernGent

an enabler

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2014 - 22:15

Do you have any pictures? I might have to check these out.

#3 The Good Captain

The Good Captain

Gaston F Limoges

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,066 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:00

I've started to make some of my own. Just a bit of thin card for a cover and I'm using QC bank paper for the pages. Cut both to 140mm x 180mm and centre fold. A couple of staples on the crease then just trim off the excess when folded shut and - hey presto! I also bought a rotary cutter with a perforating blade included and it's really quite good. Top it all off with a leather cover (Fenner of course) and away you go.

The Good Captain
"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Sponsored Content