#31 silver ink

silver ink

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:23

you are right sir.if i have to write "f" twice then they are both different in length and size

i will try to work on it

O ye who believe!let not one group scoff(ridicule) at another group,belike they may be better than they are,nor let some women scoff at other women,belike they may be better than they are.And traduce not one another,nor revile one another by odious appellations! ill is the name of sin after belief.And whosoever will not repent,then those,they are the wrong-doers.                                                                   Holy Quran 49:11

#32 BookCat

BookCat

Crazy Cat Lady

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 October 2014 - 23:11

Try to write using French ruled (Seyes) paper. Both Clairefontaine and Oxford make it and it can be bought from Goulet Pens or Amazon. This has four lines instead of one, which helps to control the height of all parts of the letter.

#33 silver ink

silver ink

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 October 2014 - 19:21

Try to write using French ruled (Seyes) paper. Both Clairefontaine and Oxford make it and it can be bought from Goulet Pens or Amazon. This has four lines instead of one, which helps to control the height of all parts of the letter.

i will try to get it

till then i will draw an extra line in between the lines to practice

i am also considering a flex nib fountain pen

O ye who believe!let not one group scoff(ridicule) at another group,belike they may be better than they are,nor let some women scoff at other women,belike they may be better than they are.And traduce not one another,nor revile one another by odious appellations! ill is the name of sin after belief.And whosoever will not repent,then those,they are the wrong-doers.                                                                   Holy Quran 49:11

#34 Cryptos

Cryptos

Seeker

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 October 2014 - 21:16

A general question:

Some of us do not have ready access to, or can afford, copious quantities of quality paper. In consideration of this is it accpetable to practice your hand using a pencil on cheap paper instead? I am hemming and hawing over this as I only have a limited supply of Rhodia paper, but piles of cheap printer stock.

Sitting quietly, doing nothing,

spring comes,

and the grass grows by itself.

#35 BookCat

BookCat

Crazy Cat Lady

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 October 2014 - 20:35

A general question:

Some of us do not have ready access to, or can afford, copious quantities of quality paper. In consideration of this is it accpetable to practice your hand using a pencil on cheap paper instead? I am hemming and hawing over this as I only have a limited supply of Rhodia paper, but piles of cheap printer stock.

I've watched many handwriting videos in which it is suggested that you begin practising with a pencil. You can write lightly and even vary the pressure to imitate flexing.