#1 manuleon

manuleon

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:31

Not long ago I made with two pieces of ruinous appearance. As I like to tinker, and they were pulled, I paid the price (a given), and with patience, got to start. Now I wonder what I have at home. This topic is dedicated to the first, and other in topic different...

The first displays only the inscription "USA" in the clip. The color of the barrel is between grey, green and blue; and is topped by a wide ring of brass with three reliefs that I guess are not make tight seal... The section is black. And it has a curious nib, very small, with some calligraphic effect, such as italic, but simple magnifying glass look seems normal:

100_0211.JPGhtt100_0211.JPG

100_0213.JPG

Anyone know the brand and model, year...? 

Sorry for the pictures, but my photo career is a disaster  :blush:

#2 LBpens

LBpens

Vintage

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:30

How doers it fill? Also, we should at least consider than any manufacturer could put USA on a clip. It seems to me I have seen clips like that, but the rest of the pen is unfamiliar.

Save the Wahls!

#3 manuleon

manuleon

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:58

How doers it fill? Also, we should at least consider than any manufacturer could put USA on a clip. It seems to me I have seen clips like that, but the rest of the pen is unfamiliar.

Fill system is aerometric, a simply ink silicone sac...

And so I put in tittle "American???"  thread with question, because I have no certainty de which is it...

Thank you... ;)

#4 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,954 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2014 - 13:55

One of many American NoNamis, knock offs and replicas of established brands.  That one is likely a knock off of the Waterman slip cap small nib pens like the Citation, Conquest or Crusader.

How pierceful grows the hazy yon! How myrtle petaled thou! For spring hath sprung the cyclotron - How high browse thou, brown cow? -- Churchy LaFemme, 1950

Anyone so limited that they can only spell a word one way suffers a severe handicap. -- jar

The last pen I bought will be the next to last pen I ever buy! --jar

#5 LBpens

LBpens

Vintage

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 14:09

One of many American NoNamis, knock offs and replicas of established brands.  That one is likely a knock off of the Waterman slip cap small nib pens like the Citation, Conquest or Crusader.

Agreed. And it is not necessarily an American-made knockoff.

Save the Wahls!

#6 manuleon

manuleon

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2014 - 14:43

Uffff, It´s very difficult for me to understand the language´s expressions (Citation, Conquest or Crusader)... :blush:  But I think understand what you try to say...

Is normally in USA Nonamis FPs?

Thanks...

#7 ANM

ANM

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 15:40

Jar meant to say it is a USA made pen with no name on the pen but could have been made by a company  such as Citation, Conquest or Crusader and intended to closely resemble more well known brands.. 

Edited by ANM, 11 June 2014 - 15:42.

And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time. TS Eliot

#8 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,954 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2014 - 15:45

Jar meant to say it is a USA made pen with no name on the pen but could have been made by a company  such as Citation, Conquest or Crusader and intended to closely resemble more well known brands.. 

Almost right.

It is likely a no name pen, maybe made in the US, and meant to copy the Waterman Citation, Crusader or Conquest models.

How pierceful grows the hazy yon! How myrtle petaled thou! For spring hath sprung the cyclotron - How high browse thou, brown cow? -- Churchy LaFemme, 1950

Anyone so limited that they can only spell a word one way suffers a severe handicap. -- jar

The last pen I bought will be the next to last pen I ever buy! --jar

#9 manuleon

manuleon

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2014 - 17:52

:blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :lticaptd:

Ohhh, I think that my pen will be dubbed "La Innombrable"...

#10 Mr.Rene

Mr.Rene

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 00:05

Hola Manuleon,

he visto varias veces plumas fuente como las tuyas. Son de los años 50 y 60', de manufactura economica y orientadas al mercado de estudiantes preferentemente. Algunas recuerdo con la marca UNIVERSAL y  en general son plumas sin mayor valor, desde un aspecto del coleccionismo al menos. Saludos.

#11 Sasha Royale

Sasha Royale

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,910 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 June 2014 - 00:17

In the mid-1900's, there were a few companies that made pens for others to claim and name.  One that comes to mind 

is Tuckersharpe, not that I can say this is one of those.  I have seem many "no-name" piston-fill fountain pens from 

the same period, of German manufacture.

You have an un-named fountain pen that works.  Good conversation piece.  Keep it clean and use simple inks, such 

as Pelikan 4001 or Private Reserve inks.  Keep your eyes peeled.  You might encounter an identical one with a name. 

Cool pen !   Write with joy.  

#12 manuleon

manuleon

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:22

Hola Manuleon,

he visto varias veces plumas fuente como las tuyas. Son de los años 50 y 60', de manufactura economica y orientadas al mercado de estudiantes preferentemente. Algunas recuerdo con la marca UNIVERSAL y  en general son plumas sin mayor valor, desde un aspecto del coleccionismo al menos. Saludos.

Hola Mr. Rene, es un gusto leer en castellano...

Sí, la época de ambas la tenía clara, y su condición modesta también... Pero esperaba darles un nombre, como las había bajo la marca Soffer, por ejemplo... En fin, me tendré que conformar...

En lo que no estoy de acuerdo es en el valor para un coleccionista: hace ya tiempo que la "Gran Historia" ha dejado de ser la única protagonista. Ahora se valora también la "Pequeña Historia", la que hacen las gentes sencillas... y así, extrapolado al mundo de la estilográfica, me parece tan importante saber qué instrumentos utilizaban los estudiantes, los encargados de almacen... como las piezas lujosas de los personajes de relevancia social...

Muchas gracias, y un saludo. Es, de verdad, un placer...

#13 manuleon

manuleon

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:33

In the mid-1900's, there were a few companies that made pens for others to claim and name.  One that comes to mind 

is Tuckersharpe, not that I can say this is one of those.  I have seem many "no-name" piston-fill fountain pens from 

the same period, of German manufacture.

You have an un-named fountain pen that works.  Good conversation piece.  Keep it clean and use simple inks, such 

as Pelikan 4001 or Private Reserve inks.  Keep your eyes peeled.  You might encounter an identical one with a name. 

Cool pen !   Write with joy.  

Of course! This fountain pen will rotate as her sisters: when it's your turn, will write. And then clean, go to their crate to wait their turn again...

Crate??? Is good? Ahhh, my english, what problem...  :unsure: