Does Exist A Pen That You Would Love To Love?

Pavlova

Every steel nibbed Lamy. I don't like the 3 nibs I own they have too much feed back however I like some of the designs e.g. Cp1 etc

Edited by top pen

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FriendAmos

• de_pen_dent

• RuiFromUK

• Pavlova

I would love to love a Pilot/Namiki VP, but the clip gets in the way of my grip. If Nakaya made a retractable-nib Piccolo (*laughs*), that...would be something.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

delta dolce vita,

'The Yo-Yo maneuver is very difficult to explain. It was first perfected by the well-known Chinese fighter pilot Yo-Yo Noritake. He also found it difficult to explain, being quite devoid of English.

So we left it at that. He showed us the maneuver after a sort. B*****d stole my kill.'

-Squadron Leader K. G. Holland, RAF. WWII China.

I wish I could love my TWSBI 540. Wrote enough about it everywhere... It is the only pen that I purchased that I just cannot use (except for the unusable pens for the reasons outside my control, of course- I have a couple of those as well.) It is a smooth writer, and I even grown to like the bright amber/ orange color (color of a fox, after all! My fav animal!!) but... just cannot get used to not be able to post the cap.

I guess the whole thing is so annoying, because I so want to be the kind of person who can keep track of the cap when it is not attached to the tail end of the pen... *Sigh*

Pilot Justus 95. A couple youtube videos show an adjustable nib with good line variation and flex, while other reviews/vids suggest that the nib adjustability is for purely tactile reasons (with little ink effects.) In the absence of knowing for sure, I will assume the best but like this pen only from a distance.

What a great thread. I had searched literally hundreds or thousands of pens without a really perfect match, when out of nowhere... Marlen Liberty of Art Nouveau series, in green! https://chatterleyluxuries.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/IMG_8363-001-copy.jpg This pen is weird looking, bulky and unergonomic, harsh and rough and has strange engravings those i don't understand... and i love it! It could touch my heart without fulfilling every rational aspects. I barely knew anymore i have a heart, that's why this is so very special and could be worth buying. Well it's also distinctive, exotic and rare, piston filler, threaded cap and two tone nib, it's rich in colors, it just has so much character you know... So there's also lot of good in it to make some sense.

But as i started to seriously think about how to get one when only less than 100 pens are ever made, i finally felt that this would never become my primary weapon because of all the unergonomy. I even made similar shape from wood to feel it in my hand but i hesitate way too much. Maybe it fits for tripod grippers but unfortunately i'm not one of them, and i also really want to post my pens.

I also like very much Marlen XXI

http://www.google.fi/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fimg117.imageshack.us%2Fimg117%2F2562%2Fdsc9379vx1.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fountainpennetwork.com%2Fforum%2Findex.php%2Ftopic%2F90168-fs-marlen-xxi-green-marble%2F&h=197&w=640&tbnid=vVD4JzEWw0-2LM%3A&zoom=1&docid=CalSpWg1T5l9oM&ei=oBubU4mXNI2a1AW88YG4Ag&tbm=isch&ved=0CF4QMyg8MDw&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=853&page=4&start=47&ndsp=14,

but that's too short and i doubt the posting option. Aurora Optima in green auroloide is also on my top list. If it was dimensioned as Aurora 88, i would go and buy it. Maybe i buy it anyway some day. With that much money for a pen, i tend to seek absolute perfection though.

There are other ways than the easiest one too.

Maybe the Waterman Edson. I'm not sure, it took me years to get used to the Carene's looks so that I would buy one. Then, dang it, the cap posts weakly. Thinking of finding another pen to accept the Carene section, even if it has to be made specially. The Edson also has its own style.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

What a great thread. I had searched literally hundreds or thousands of pens without a really perfect match, when out of nowhere... Marlen Liberty of Art Nouveau series, in green! https://chatterleyluxuries.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/IMG_8363-001-copy.jpg This pen is weird looking, bulky and unergonomic, harsh and rough and has strange engravings those i don't understand... and i love it! It could touch my heart without fulfilling every rational aspects. I barely knew anymore i have a heart, that's why this is so very special and could be worth buying. Well it's also distinctive, exotic and rare, piston filler, threaded cap and two tone nib, it's rich in colors, it just has so much character you know... So there's also lot of good in it to make some sense.

But as i started to seriously think about how to get one when only less than 100 pens are ever made, i finally felt that this would never become my primary weapon because of all the unergonomy. I even made similar shape from wood to feel it in my hand but i hesitate way too much. Maybe it fits for tripod grippers but unfortunately i'm not one of them, and i also really want to post my pens.

http://www.google.fi/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fimg117.imageshack.us%2Fimg117%2F2562%2Fdsc9379vx1.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fountainpennetwork.com%2Fforum%2Findex.php%2Ftopic%2F90168-fs-marlen-xxi-green-marble%2F&h=197&w=640&tbnid=vVD4JzEWw0-2LM%3A&zoom=1&docid=CalSpWg1T5l9oM&ei=oBubU4mXNI2a1AW88YG4Ag&tbm=isch&ved=0CF4QMyg8MDw&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=853&page=4&start=47&ndsp=14,

but that's too short and i doubt the posting option. Aurora Optima in green auroloide is also on my top list. If it was dimensioned as Aurora 88, i would go and buy it. Maybe i buy it anyway some day. With that much money for a pen, i tend to seek absolute perfection though.

Wow. That Marlen is stunning.

With me, it's my Sailor ProGear Black Velvet.

I love everything about the pen: looks, feel, weight, EXCEPT the nib. It's my own fault. I flipped a coin between the two Sailor nibs I don't have, MF and B, and ended up with the MF, when this pen really cries out for a B.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

I also Have a Marlen - Liberty Art Nouveaux L.E. # 113 of 381, Model M02 105

it is 5 1/4 Capped x 6 1/4 Posted

Yellow Acrylic Resin w/ overlay Sterling Silver, Twist Piston.....Made in 2002, I believe? Dual tone 18kt / 750 Gold Nib.....Medium

The Overlay has a hand painted portion with a Dove, the symbol of Liberty......MSRP at the time of purchase? 775.00,

NOW - Since I mentioned that I measured it posted, I should say that yes it does fit that way, and the cap is pretty light, BUT, I do not personally post my pens for fear of scratching them or cracking the caps! The positioning of my fingers on the section are just fine, as it is only my index finger that lays across the section......Probably the worst thing about the pen, if there is to be a worst thing? Is that the pen is heavy due to the overlay, as there is a lot of metal on this pen.....But all in all it is a flat out Beautiful pen! and one that I don't use to much just because of it's sheer beauty. If that makes any sense?? Now I have to skee daddle and get to cleaning up all the metal on this pen as I have had it stored in my case for a few years and it has oxidized on me pretty much......

The girth and weight and look of the Pelikan 800 Tortoise shell are perfect however, the length and price put that pen in the "love to love" category for me.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.

Mark Twain

Parker 100. the gold/blue color is so pretty and the silhouette is amazing when posted, except that i cannot post it because it is way too heavy.

I would love to love a Pilot/Namiki VP, but the clip gets in the way of my grip. If Nakaya made a retractable-nib Piccolo (*laughs*), that...would be something.

I second this!

I bought one anyway and compromised with my grip.

Modern Pelikans. Lovely nibs, lovely looks... but just too light in the hand, they feel cheap!

Modern Italians. Lovely celluloids, nice nibs, but troppo bling! (The only one that seems to get it right is the Delta dolce vita - it actually showcases the deep orange celluloid without shouting "Hey guys! look at all this gold plated stuff I've smothered the pen with!")

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

The Visconti Homo Sapien. The grey barrel has never gone black for me even after many many hand lotion treatments and the dreamtouch nib is just mediocre. I really want to love a pen made out of volcano ashes or whatever it claims to be.

"The fountain pen is mightier than the ballpoint"

My Blog: www.MyPenNeedsInk.com