Does Exist A Pen That You Would Love To Love?

Pavlova

Here is my example: The Montblanc 149. It is so beautiful and i would love so much to use it but... it is so big for my hands that i can't use it confortably. Some times i just get jealous of people who use it and i start to think: i wish i had bigger hands! :(

Have you experienced the same kind of problem with any pen? The wish to use but the pen simply being not for you?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FriendAmos

• de_pen_dent

• RuiFromUK

• Pavlova

Lamy 2000.

It is about 2mm in diameter too FAT for my hand and about 10 grams too heavy.

IOW if they go it down to the size of a Parker 45, then I would love it. Right now it is just an overgrown Parker 45.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Here is my example: The Montblanc 149. It is so beautiful and i would love so much to use it but... it is so big for my hands that i can't use it confortably. Some times i just get jealous of people who use it and i start to think: i wish i had bigger hands! :(

Have you experienced the same kind of problem with any pen? The wish to use but the pen simply being not for you?

Have you thought about a 146?

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Which fountain pen is comfortable in your hand ? Use that for your judgement.

I have small hands. I like the way a large, heavy pen self-settles into my hand for writing.

Don't assume that a person with large hands will prefer a large pen. Seek for your own comfort.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Lamy 2000.

It is about 2mm in diameter too FAT for my hand and about 10 grams too heavy.

+1

TWSBI Mini - it's just a tiny bit too short for me even when posted (the Pelican M200 is right on the line for me)

Have you thought about a 146?

Sure, but he majesty of the 149 is her size :gaah:

Edited by Pavlova

My prime example is a vintage Waterman Thorobred with a full-flex nib. It's the most lovely nib ever, and a joy to write with, but the rest of the pen... Oh, it's so dainty! It almost disappears in my large-ish guy hands. Also it's rather plain looking, and the feed is not the most reliable -- it has burped ink onto the page a couple of times.

I would love a 149 in celluloid with a 14C flex nib. My wallet does not approve.

Yes - and I have them all!

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

Sure, but he majesty of the 149 is her size :gaah:

Maybe you could consider the 149 Grande just like I did for exactly the same reason.

Kind regards,

Rui

Pelikan 1000, too big for my small hands. Eventually I'll buy it for set completion sake only.

Kind regards,

Rui

Bexley Corona in Summer Storm.

Looks lovely from a distance (always provokes compliments from others) and writes well too but the build quality isn't commensurate with the cost IMO.

The MB Hitchcock - I loved every aspect of it....except writing with it. I was heartbroken.

The Pelikan M1005 is a close second, it was just too big and too heavy.

I love writing with it! It feels like part of my hand. So I get up from my desk and it's still in my hand, and that is how my Churchill got nibthwacked!

OH NO,

It stays under a ton of socks alone! ( coincidentally, in a beautiful cushoined case that Mary sent the rescued Churchill back in--thanks Mary!)

And I really wish it posted.

Cheers,

“It’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness

The Italix Parson's Essential. The grip is too thin for me and the pen seems to be quite picky with the paper; on certain paper [wouldn't say good, a lot of the papers which feather more cause my pen to perform better] the pen writes well whereas on some types of paper the pen is a hard starter and has some skipping issues.

The Delta Napoleon. I love everything about the design. But it is so large and heavy that the only practical use I can think of is as a truncheon to ward off would-be robbers.

Omas Paragon Arco. I love the pen - and while i do ok with a M1000 or 149, the metal section and girth of this pen combine to make it very unwieldy for me.

I keep telling myself to swap it for a Milord in Arco. But a Milord isnt a Paragon, is it?

I confess - I do have a M800, a 146 and a regular Milord :)

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

Omas Paragon Arco. I love the pen - and while i do ok with a M1000 or 149, the metal section and girth of this pen combine to make it very unwieldy for me.

I keep telling myself to swap it for a Milord in Arco. But a Milord isnt a Paragon, is it?

I confess - I do have a M800, a 146 and a regular Milord :)

One of the new ones? The latest Milord is a largish pen and not far off from the M1000 or 149. I went for it because I too couldn't stand the metallic section on the new Paragon.

One of the new ones? The latest Milord is a largish pen and not far off from the M1000 or 149. I went for it because I too couldn't stand the metallic section on the new Paragon.

Yeah, a new version. For whatever reason, I find it a lot more comfortable than the Paragon, even if it is sized similar to the M1000/149. Going off memory, I'd say it is just a wee bit smaller and that, along with the non-metallic section, makes it much easier to use.

Between the gorgeousness of the Arco and the desire to have a Paragon in my collection, I am struggling to take the logical step, however :)

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.