#1 Offret

Offret

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:23

It says made in England. It also has the same filling mechanism as my 51 Aerometric, but the whole filling assembly is smaller. It's missing the diamond piece on the hood, which leads me to believe it's a 61. The cap and body are gold. 

Thanks. 

Attached Images

• IMG_0166.JPG
  • IMG_0165.jpg

#2 JRH

JRH

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:39

Parker 61, Signet

#3 Offret

Offret

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:04

Parker 61, Signet

Thank you. 

As you can see from the picture, the pen is in good+ condition with only a few small dings. It is by no means mint, but it would make a good "user" pen. I've since taken pen apart and cleaned it. However, there are two obvious things missing front he pen. Firstly, the emblem on the hood is missing. Next, the collector is missing. Everything on the pen is in very good condition including the nib. 

Because I don't have a spare pen nor do I want to invest the time into tracking one down, I think I would like to try and trade this pen for something else. However, I have no idea what the value of such a pen would be. Any ideas?

#4 JRH

JRH

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:30

In good to excellent condition, these go from $60.00 to $150.00. Truly mint or NOS prices are a seller's market and will run 2 to 3 times these prices. David Nishimura of Vintage Pens has 61 collectors if you're willing to try and repair it yourself but be warned; these are a lot trickier than repairing 51s as the plastic quality declined from the 51 to 61 models and breakage is always a risk ( I know).  It's also not clear from your photos whether the Signet is a capillary or CC, though likely a CC.

It may be worth sending this to an expert to first determine which pen you have and whether it's worth it to you.I have both capillary and CC models of these pens and when refurbished properly, write beautifully. 

The 61 arrow can be glued back on but no guarantees... Parker did not cement these, they were pressure fitted with little in the way of adhesives. Ariel Kullock and other vendors have the arrows in silver tone and maybe some gold. Other postings on this forum have discussions on the relative merits of various adhesives. 

Good luck!

#5 Offret

Offret

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2014 - 14:26

In good to excellent condition, these go from $60.00 to $150.00. Truly mint or NOS prices are a seller's market and will run 2 to 3 times these prices. David Nishimura of Vintage Pens has 61 collectors if you're willing to try and repair it yourself but be warned; these are a lot trickier than repairing 51s as the plastic quality declined from the 51 to 61 models and breakage is always a risk ( I know).  It's also not clear from your photos whether the Signet is a capillary or CC, though likely a CC.

It may be worth sending this to an expert to first determine which pen you have and whether it's worth it to you.I have both capillary and CC models of these pens and when refurbished properly, write beautifully. 

The 61 arrow can be glued back on but no guarantees... Parker did not cement these, they were pressure fitted with little in the way of adhesives. Ariel Kullock and other vendors have the arrows in silver tone and maybe some gold. Other postings on this forum have discussions on the relative merits of various adhesives. 

Good luck!

Thank you very much for your reply.. Do you know anywhere where I can pick up a spare collector?