|***** The FPN Admin Team *****|
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Help To Identify Duofold, Please?
Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:17
While recently digging through an estate sale, I found the barrel/nib section of a yellow Parker Duofold button filler, no cap included. That said, I am having difficulty narrowing down the specific model. Can anyone help, please?
The barrel is stamped : GEO. S. PARKER DUOFOLD MADE IN U.S.A. PATENTED. The gold nib is stamped : PARKER DUOFOLD PEN MADE IN U.S.A.
I can find no other stamps, markings, or date codes. The length of the pen from nib point to end of button is approx. 108mm. The barrel is a little over 12mm 'thick' (approx.), at its widest.
I have tried to find a reference online, but I have only located info regarding 'overall' lengths, so I am a bit stumped. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks very much!
Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:56
It looks like a streamlined Duofold Lady in mandarin yellow from the picture and measurements you provided. It would date from about 1929 (when Parker streamlined the Duofold) to the mid 1930s.
Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:03
that's a very nice pen--the mandarin yellow is now the most desirable color among the old duofolds (although it wasn't as popular back then). but you might have a hard time looking for the right cap, especially in perfect condition (the yellow was prone to cracking around the lip--although the lady duofold, with three cap rings, might have held up better than most other mandarin models). one solution would be to go for a black cap instead--streamlined, three-banded, if you at least want to be anatomically correct
Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:31