marshall11

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:17

Hello,
While recently digging through an estate sale, I found the barrel/nib section of a yellow Parker Duofold button filler, no cap included. That said, I am having difficulty narrowing down the specific model. Can anyone help, please?

The barrel is stamped : GEO. S. PARKER DUOFOLD MADE IN U.S.A. PATENTED. The gold nib is stamped : PARKER DUOFOLD PEN MADE IN U.S.A.

I can find no other stamps, markings, or date codes. The length of the pen from nib point to end of button is approx. 108mm. The barrel is a little over 12mm 'thick' (approx.), at its widest.

I have tried to find a reference online, but I have only located info regarding 'overall' lengths, so I am a bit stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks very much!

Attached Images

• image.jpg

#2 Florida Blue

Florida Blue

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:56

It looks like a streamlined Duofold Lady in mandarin yellow from the picture and measurements you provided. It would date from about 1929 (when Parker streamlined the Duofold) to the mid 1930s.

Parker: Sonnet Flighter, Rialto Red Metallic Laque, IM Premium Chiseled Gunmetal, Latitude Stainless, 45 Black, Duovac Blue Pearl Striped, 51 Standard Black, 21 Super Red, Vac Jr. Black, 51 MK1 Black, 51 Vac Blue Cedar, Duofold Jr. Lapis, 51 MK1 Demi Black, 51 MK1 Demi Teal, 51 MK1 Navy Gray, Duofold Pastel Moire Violet, Vac Major Golden Brown, Vac Deb. Emerald, Vac Sub. Deb. Azure, 51 Vac Dove Gray, Vac Major Azure, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, 51 Vac Black GF Cap, 51 Forest Green GF cap, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl.

#3 penmanila

penmanila

Vacumaniac

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:03

that's a very nice pen--the mandarin yellow is now the most desirable color among the old duofolds (although it wasn't as popular back then). but you might have  a hard time looking for the right cap, especially in perfect condition (the yellow was prone to cracking around the lip--although the lady duofold, with three cap rings, might have held up better than most other mandarin models). one solution would be to go for a black cap instead--streamlined, three-banded, if you at least want to be anatomically correct ;)

Check out my blog and my pens

#4 marshall11

marshall11

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:31

Thanks very much for the info. It is extremely helpful and appreciated!