Dearest Friends and Visitors of the Fountain Pen Network,
We have started implementing the changes we promised here: Upcoming Changes To FPN
Please do read the linked message above.

Photo

Akkerman Ink In The Usa

akkerman

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tadeusz

Tadeusz

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 23:48

I was just cruising around looking for an Onoto Plunger Filler that did not cost as much as my first car (only sort of kidding) when I came across a limited selection of the NEW P.w. Akkerman Ink at fountain pen recycler.com

They currently stock #5, 8, 11, 13, 28, and 30.  You can find the bottles at their "new to website" page = http://www.fountainp...TO OUR WEBSITE!

I hope I did not break any rules by doing this, and if I did, please point it out! 

Also, I am not endorsed by the company, just a soon to be customer. (but, ya know, I bet we could work something out with  an endorsement!)

I'm always interested in vintage Pelikan 100 and 400 pens, Onoto plunger fillers, Parker Vacumatics, vintage OMAS pens, vintage Aurora, etc.

I would love a green Parker Vacumatic cap, I have a green debutante cap to trade- PM me for more information

#2 Jeje3325

Jeje3325

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2014 - 17:53

cool but 36$ of shipping to Canada so no go for me  :(

#3 Tadeusz

Tadeusz

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 20:16

$36 just for shipping?! Yikes! That is more than the ink itself costs!

I'm always interested in vintage Pelikan 100 and 400 pens, Onoto plunger fillers, Parker Vacumatics, vintage OMAS pens, vintage Aurora, etc.

I would love a green Parker Vacumatic cap, I have a green debutante cap to trade- PM me for more information

#4 Jeje3325

Jeje3325

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2014 - 20:24

Yeah... its often the case for the Canuck side of the planet...

But I'm kinda lucky, I'm going to France this summe so I'm hoping I can find a bottle of simplisties Violet # 13  :)

#5 Tadeusz

Tadeusz

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 20:26

Ah, perhaps a detour to Den Hague is in order!

It's only a little bit out of the way!  :lticaptd:

#6 Jeje3325

Jeje3325

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 June 2014 - 20:28

Ahhhh... I'd love that...

#7 brgmarketing

brgmarketing

Transition Coach

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:20

Yes, and even within the U.S. shipping is another $13.00. So it comes out to be as much as (or maybe even more) Akkerman was charging we shipped from the Hague to the U.S.

It's a bit, quite a bit, too much for me.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

#8 Tadeusz

Tadeusz

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 14:12

I did not know the shipping price would be that much, haha!

I haven't tried to order any yet, but I think I might just have to shop around a bit more, considering the shipping costs and such.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: akkerman