Which One Will Be Your Next Fountain Pen ?

Thier.

I'm still drowning in the newfound sea of options, but right now the TWSBI Vac 700 is looking really good to me. Originally I wanted a Waterman Hemisphere in med nib or a Parker Sonnet in med, but now...I just don't know!! I'm going to have to compile my thoughts, narrow down the options, and post a desperate "Oh how do I choose???" thread.

I also go back and forth on just getting another Parker Vector in fine nib and then getting a Pilot 78 or Metropolitan...but yeah. A few cheapies or one good one? I don't know...but my newly arrived Waterman Hemisphere in RB (yawn for most of you, I know) is sexy as all get out and I love it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thier.

• TeaHive

• The Blue Knight

• DREAMER

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am currently hesitating between a Platinum 3776 Century music nib and a Sailor Pro Gear B nib.

I have a strong preference for stubs and italics nibs, so +1 for Platinum but the Sailor perceived quality is greater than the Platinum and cost the same (in Japan). However, several reviews of the Sailor music nib are disappointing as this nib produces little line variation, thus the B nib.

Decisions, decisions.... :)

Cheers,

Pierre

My next pen will be a Montegrappa Miya Midnight Blue. A client of mine doesn't like it any more and told me he will give it to me ..... I love those italian pens .....

My next pen will be a Montegrappa Miya Midnight Blue. A client of mine doesn't like it any more and told me he will give it to me ..... I love those italian pens .....

Miyas are nice looking pens. The thing that always stopped me from buying one was the section, it's silver and has a wicked taper. I'd be interested to know how you find it in hand.

Miyas are nice looking pens. The thing that always stopped me from buying one was the section, it's silver and has a wicked taper. I'd be interested to know how you find it in hand.

I'll make a picture of it tomrrow .... My hands are .... I would say normal. My client has very big hands and cannot handle it correctly (that's why he gave it to me ;-) . The silver section is not too slippery and the handling is fine (if you were living in Belgium, I would have proposed you to test it ...). The most interesting - for me - in that pen is the rather flexible nib (and, of course, the fantastic look of those italian pens). I really like it very much. More than that, even when touching it, you've got the sensation of touching velvet ....

Baric, you just have to go to your nearer dealer to test it .......

Can anyone tell me about the Pelikan Epoch? I'm intrigued by the silver ones.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none. Shakespeare

Welll . . . . it will be months before I get it, so probably not the next pen I will get, but the next pen I will pay for is this:

http://www.nibs.com/NakayaPortableCherryBlossoms.html

Does anyone know if it really takes 6-9 months to get a Nakaya (that has to be made and is not in stock) or whether Nibs.com is just managing my expectations?

Welll . . . . it will be months before I get it, so probably not the next pen I will get, but the next pen I will pay for is this:

http://www.nibs.com/NakayaPortableCherryBlossoms.html

Does anyone know if it really takes 6-9 months to get a Nakaya (that has to be made and is not in stock) or whether Nibs.com is just managing my expectations?

I've seen Nakaya on ebay .... Some of them seem to be in stock in Japan ... I wish you have a Nakaya soon ........

https://chatterleyluxuries.com/product/visconti-25th-anniversary-homo-sapiens-lava-pen-steel-age-maxi-large-fountain-pen/

Visconti Homo Sapiens Steel Age Maxi 25th Anniversary Edition (F Nib). It includes a traveling inkwell and a genuine leather 2 pen case.

I've been wanting one of these for a while, and finally was able to get one. It's such a great deal, too, compared to just buying the pen itself from many other dealers. This is also the first time I've bought something from Bryant Greer. I've heard so much about his excellent customer service and so enjoyed speaking to him by email that I'm very happy to be able to order it from him. I really loved the Dreamtouch nib when I tried it in a store, and the body felt really comfortable.

A friend of mine will be picking it up for me at the Dallas Pen Show while I have hamstring surgery. Something fun to look forward to when the anesthesia wears off.

I'll also be getting a bottle of Akkerman No. 22 from Vanness Pen Co. at the pen show. If you email them ahead of time and they have it in stock, they'll bring a bottle of Akkerman earmarked for you with them.

Finally got my Grail; I'm more likely to sell one of my pens than buy another.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

Nakaya Briarwood Dark Urushi with a medium nib.Ordered today. Hope it will be here by the end of the week!

I must say, the briarwoods are the only Nakayas that I might go for. Beautiful, and not too hideously expensive. Some of the painted ones are lovely, but I can't imagine spending the money on one. And if I did, I'd be afraid to use it, rather than keep it safe and perfect. My pens are for use, not storage, so that's out.

I hope yours is wonderful, and that you post pictures and a review for the rest of us to admire. What nib did you get?

Finally got my Grail; I'm more likely to sell one of my pens than buy another.

Good for you! What was your Grail?

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

I'll make a picture of it tomrrow .... My hands are .... I would say normal. My client has very big hands and cannot handle it correctly (that's why he gave it to me ;-) . The silver section is not too slippery and the handling is fine (if you were living in Belgium, I would have proposed you to test it ...). The most interesting - for me - in that pen is the rather flexible nib (and, of course, the fantastic look of those italian pens). I really like it very much. More than that, even when touching it, you've got the sensation of touching velvet ....

Baric, you just have to go to your nearer dealer to test it .......

Hmmm, soft nibs tend to complain in my hands, so that may be a killer right there. I have medium to large hands. Maybe there will be a Miya at the pen show this weekend I can fondle :)

Hmmm, soft nibs tend to complain in my hands, so that may be a killer right there. I have medium to large hands. Maybe there will be a Miya at the pen show this weekend I can fondle :)

Here are the pictures ......

fpn_1411586766__montegrappa_miya_midnighfpn_1411586855__xpro6430.jpg

I'm probably going to buy a TON of Hero 616s and 329 sometime soon. I gave some to some friends in the summer and they love them and now more people are asking for pens :) Soon enough, every math student at my university will be using fountain pens! Muahahaha.

Spreading the addiction love! I dig it!

I have 3 pens on my immediate radar:

1/ Yard O Led Viceroy Grand Barley

2/ MB Dafoe (kinda on the fence here)

3/ Onoto Churchil (may sell one of my Magnas first, to make room for this one)

I think the YoL is probably the next purchase.

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

I have 3 pens on my immediate radar:

1/ Yard O Led Viceroy Grand Barley

2/ MB Dafoe (kinda on the fence here)

3/ Onoto Churchil (may sell one of my Magnas first, to make room for this one)

I think the YoL is probably the next purchase.

The Grand Barley is superb !!!!!!! Mine has gone to Birmingham (UK) last week because of a leakage but YOL told me that they will service it totally for free ..... Great service, eye catcher pen, fabulous nib, you will enjoy it !!!!

I'm probably going to buy a TON of Hero 616s and 329 sometime soon. I gave some to some friends in the summer and they love them and now more people are asking for pens :) Soon enough, every math student at my university will be using fountain pens! Muahahaha.

Great !!!!!!

Spreading the addiction love! I dig it!

It's adorable! They love the arrow clip design and think it's so fancy. I keep some ink bottles and samples at school so I can refill for them. Today one of my friends was blown away by Black Swan in Australian Roses (but another friend who is colour blind and can't see purple didn't "get" it, hahah).