Which One Will Be Your Next Fountain Pen ?

Thier.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thier.

• TeaHive

• The Blue Knight

• DREAMER

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's my birthday today and I've received the full size black TWSBI 580 in Rosegold (it is SO gorgeous!) annnnnnnd.....a Montblanc Meisterstuck Classique (also in black/Rosegold). I feel very, very spoilt. The TWSBI looks stunning with a bright blue ink sloshing about in it. The Montblanc actually may need to get checked at the MB boutique though as it's having some hard starts and is skipping occasionally. I don't know if that's due to the ink (Akkerman Shocking Blue AKA Diamine Majestic Blue) or because I'm not so used to medium nibs (I usually write with fines) but none of my other medium sized nibs have these issues. It's a condition of the warranty that I only use MB ink in it, so I've just ordered a bottle of MB green and if it still has issues once inked with that then I'll certainly take it in to be checked. I'm a little saddened as I was hoping for a beautifully smooth writing experience like nothing I've experienced before, yet my Lamy Al-Stars write easier than this pen!

I've also used a bit of birthday money ordering a Black-Purple Al-Star, as I have the pearl/ruby/Bluegreen/ocean blue ones already and felt that this was missing from my collection. I've ordered it with a B nib, which will be my first broad nib.

Belated happy birthday! :)

I have a few Classique sized pens including the. 90th Anniversary model.

Your Classique should be living up to your expectations so give it a good flush, try the MB ink (I like mb greens too!) and if it still does not make you smile take it to your MB dealer for checking. Hope it gets sorted.

I'm considering a Parker Duofold and/or Montblanc Meisterstuck 90th Anniversary FP.

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene

Thats a fine looking example of a P61. I look forward to hearing more about it when its received :thumbup:

Surely you will. BTW, do you have any idea about the blue crest on the pen. Some sources mentioned it may be ordered by the Buckingham Palace around 1986, http://parkerpens.net/limitededition.html, whereas p61s were discontinued in the year 1983. I am trying to do some background research about this pen, just have no clue....

looks like it's gonna be the Jinhao x450 white fog. I want to try a heavier pen with beveled section. And the swappable nibs (I have several) are a big plus. And the low-low price.

looks like it's gonna be the Jinhao x450 white fog. I want to try a heavier pen with beveled section. And the swappable nibs (I have several) are a big plus. And the low-low price.

I personnaly have personnalised my 159 with a flexible gold nib .... Fantastic !!!!!

fpn_1407874803__dscn0702.jpg

Surely you will. BTW, do you have any idea about the blue crest on the pen. Some sources mentioned it may be ordered by the Buckingham Palace around 1986, http://parkerpens.net/limitededition.html, whereas p61s were discontinued in the year 1983. I am trying to do some background research about this pen, just have no clue....

I dont - but I agree the crest on your pen looks like the 1986 Queen Elizabeth in the link.

Saving up for a Pelikan M400 (or M600? hah) in White Tortoise. After that, maybe a Lamy 2000 or something from Edison. Was tempted by the group buy but I'm while I'm not totally in love with the ebonite or acrylic, I DO like the ebonite quite a lot... So... I don't know. Either that or an Aztec Gold Pearlette. No rush.

grabbed a Graf von Faber-Castell Guilloche Rhodium via ebay today.......debating if I want in on the Edison group buy

Edited by zchen

Yes, and I still have a few others to try .....

Holy cow, that's a lot of loose nibs!! Have anything that will fit a Parker Challenger? *cough*cough* Still, it must be nice to have some free nibs to switch in and out!

Speaking of, I'm thinking about expanding my dip pen and nib collection for my next order. Some of my pen handles are getting a bit worn, and I need some wider calligraphy nibs to play with. I only have two, and they're fairly narrow. As for fountain pens, I may get the last Lamy I've had my eye on, a Safari Charcoal with EF nib, for pure writing with black ink and black ink only. But I also really want that TWSBI Rose Gold mini!

I'm saving for a TWSBI Mini Classic with an F nib or an EF nib. I can't decide on the nib size... It'll be my first "new" pen, as well as my most expensive pen. (My current EDC is a Parker 45 and a Jinhao x450, but the Jinhao doesn't really count to me :P I'm also on a student budget) I'm excited, but I'll have to wait which is difficult for me. I need some black ink too...

Edited by theinforat

My next pens are "next" no more .... I've just received three pens yesterday .... One bought on the internet, two given to me by a client who doesn't use fountain pens but receives it by heritage ....

fpn_1408875927__xe016371.jpg

I pretty much made my mind to the Montblanc, not the Parker.

I now have to decide: Classique? LeGrand? or 149?

-William S. Park

“My two fingers on a typewriter have never connected with my brain. My hand on a pen does. A fountain pen, of course. Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane. - Graham Greene