Visconti Homo Sapiens Leaking

theverdictis

Hi,

I recently purchased a Visconti from Websters pen store and was really pleased ith my first 'expensive pen'.

A few things I have noticed though, is that when filing the pen from an ink pot, the pen seems to run out of ink quite quickly, is this just due to the size of the ink sack within the pen itself?

My main concern is that when the pen is full of ink, the unscrew plunger part (when the pen is placed upright, nib upwards) ink is seeping out of the sack (so it looks like) and dripping out of the pen? Have I over filled the pen? or is this a design fault with the pen I purchased?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Ben

''You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes''. A A Milne

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theverdictis

• gclyn

• Thier.

• Tombstone

Two answers:

- check the manual - it recommends to keep the pen at minimum 10 sec. in the pot before pulling it out. Maybe this will help

- I have too many of these HS - but with none of them I have the problem of a leaking piston

Especially he second point would ask for additional help from the seller / producer...

There are no facts, there is no truth - just a data to be manipulated...

Your pen is not working properly, which is affecting how much ink it holds. It needs to be repaired under warranty, either by taking it back to the seller or sending it in to Visconti.

I've found that it holds a decent amount of ink, but because it's a very wet writer it runs out fairly quickly. Haven't had any issues with leaking though, that sounds like a fault.

Cheers, its a shame as I really like the pen. I've emailed Websters and await their reply. Hopefully I can exchange it for another one.

''You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes''. A A Milne

Good news, received a response from the help team. Hopefully I'll be able to get an exchange when I drop it off at my nearest store tomorrow! :D

That's great news. I hope you will be able to get a new pen soon and use it, as it is one of my favorites and my rotation. Beautiful pen, feels great in the hand, with great weight.

That's great news. I hope you will be able to get a new pen soon and use it, as it is one of my favorites and my rotation. Beautiful pen, feels great in the hand, with great weight.

Thanks!

I actually can't rate Websters high enough. As soon as I walked in the shop, one of the shop assistants knew who I was and had a brand new, unopened pen sitting in it's beautiful box, ready and waiting for me! Top quality service all the way! Just awaiting my shipment of new ink to fill it up with now :D

Pics please...we can never see to many of the Visconti Homo Sapiens Bronze. BTW what size nib did you get?

Hi Ben.

That's great news.

Which version of the HS did you have, as they use different filling systems in the various versions. AFAIK none employ an ink sac. But their could always be a leaking pistonseal, and the earlier HS pens were known to leak just a little bit from around the feed.

Hope you'll enjoy your new pen as they are very nice pens (imho)

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

In the 4 or 5 months I've had my HS Bronze M, I've had no issues with the pen itself. Great nib, get a lot of writing out of a fill, no leaks, etc.

That said, I just cleaned it out after finding mold around and on the feed. That's an ink issue (J. Herbin Eclat de Saphir), and I've just this evening added my comments and questions to an existing thread on the subject.

I look forward to inking my HS with something else and continuing to use it on a regular basis.

That's great abstract49, you will love writing with your HS daily...I have with mine. I use a Fine nib.

Edited by gclyn

In the 4 or 5 months I've had my HS Bronze M, I've had no issues with the pen itself. Great nib, get a lot of writing out of a fill, no leaks, etc.

That said, I just cleaned it out after finding mold around and on the feed. That's an ink issue (J. Herbin Eclat de Saphir), and I've just this evening added my comments and questions to an existing thread on the subject.

I look forward to inking my HS with something else and continuing to use it on a regular basis.

Make sure to thoroughly clean and disinfect the pen. If traces of mold are left on the pen, it might infect other inks when you fill the pen with them.

• 2 months later...

I also have leakage problem with my HS. Yesterday, I saw that my fingers were Iroshizuku Yama Budo coloured .... The ink came from the bronze ring just over the bayonet. I opened it and saw that there was ink everywhere and not only in the plastic tank .... I think I have to send it to Visconti ..... The only problem is that I receive that pen from a client and haven't got the papers ..... So, no warranty .....

• 1 month later...

I've sent an two e-mails to Visconti ................... Not a single answer .................. What a service !!!!!!!!! So I gave it to my retailer that repaired for free. The problem whas a broken gasket ...... But more than a month without any answer from Italy.

I've had a leakage problem with a Yard O Led and the answer came one day later : "send it to us and we will have your pen completely renewed" ......

Again a quality control flaw and not a reply within a month from a supposed first class brand to repair their error :yikes: That leaves me to my perpetual questionning:" is it really worth to buy a Visconti?"

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time