New Celluloid Kingsize Bulk Filler Ft, One Of A Kind….

fountainbel

Hi all,

Although this pen will remain "one of a kind" due to its material, the pen is identical in form and dimensions to the other Kingsize FT versions, so i've decided posting it here

I've only received one bar of this brown marbled celluloid, but since the rough bar diameter was only 15.5mm, I had to find a dependable manner to expand the cap part radially to 18mm.

Doing so I would be able to finish the outer cap to the desired 17mm.

Took me a few days and several unsuccessful trials to get a proper dependable procedure to expand the material.

Good news being that I've finally succeeded in finding a repeatable- but time consuming - process which ensures uniform radial expansion and material annealing/stabilization , avoiding shrinkage risks over time.

Another inherent benefit is that the part remains completely straight during the expansion process.

Just as the other Kingsize Bulk fillers, the pen is equipped with a size 8 Bock screw-in nib unit with HR feed. The nib being here from titanium.

I've opted for a green transparent ink window on this pen since the are green nuances in the celluloid.

As always your comments, thoughts and critique are most welcome !

Francis

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/fountainbel/Fountainbel%20Bulk%20filler/P1000629.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/fountainbel/Fountainbel%20Bulk%20filler/P1000628.jpg

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/fountainbel/Fountainbel%20Bulk%20filler/P1000630.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainbel

• raging.dragon

• zaddick

• Wrecky

That material is not really my thing, but I really love the overall design on this one! The rhodium trimming keeps it fresh looking and the green ink window ties everything together beautifully. Well done!

I hope to own a Conid one day, and not just because of Belgian pride, they look amazing.

A super looking pen Francis, and I think you were quite right to choose green for the ink window. Another Fountainbel triumph! :thumbup:

Pavoni.

Celluloid feels great in the hand. :) I hope you get some herringbone or striped someday!

Edited by JeanManuel

Everything is impermanent.

This celluloid is another favourite of mine. Also, this it the first time I've seen a Titanium #8 nib.

I also like the combination of the flat top pen with the streamline clip.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I have to:

A] Express my admiration for this pen - very nice :)

B] Make (demand!) a request for a Kingsize LE from Conid this year :D

Edited by noddle

Pens: Conid Kingsize ebonite (x2)
Inks: 
  KWZ Dark Brown / KWZ IG Orange / Diamine Chocolate / Diamine Burnt Sienna / Diamine Ochre / Monteverde Scotch Brown

This section is called "the mall". It's not called "astonishing pens I have but you can't possibly ever have".

I hate you fountainbel. :angry:

But I love the pens you make. :wub:

So how about setting up a small production batch and let us mere mortals have a chance on buying one of these beauties.

This section is called "the mall". It's not called "astonishing pens I have but you can't possibly ever have".

I hate you fountainbel. :angry:

But I love the pens you make. :wub:

So how about setting up a small production batch and let us mere mortals have a chance on buying one of these beauties.

I do agree, Wrecky, "the Mall" should normally be a pure selling forum, sorry for your the confusion my postings may trigger
My main purpose in making and showing these prototypes is finding out if there is a market potential for CONID pens in these various materials
This would help to convince/ seduce CONID in making these available on the market.
The pen shown in this post is made in Tibaldi celluloid - i don't recall the name of the material pattern - from which CONID only has a few bars available.
As explained in my original posting the bars are however to small in diameter to make the Kingsize cap , so I had to heat-up , expand an stabilize the celluloid enabling to make the cap.
Given this complex and time consuming complementary work Conid will never produce Kingsize Bulkfillers in this particular material .
However making a small series of Regular or Slimline Bulkfillers in this material remains possible..
Francis

I believe the material is called Tibaldi "Rosso Verde." Bexley, Stipula and, probably, others have made pens in that material. I have a Stipula Etruria de Architectura in Rosso Verde. It is a very nice celluloid.

Francis, I for one would be eager to buy a regular Bulkfiller in almost any of the Tibaldi celluloids. I have been waiting and hoping for the opportunity.

David

Hi Francis, thanks for sharing this, looks great!

I have 2 questions for you:

Why did you not make the section from the same material? Is it a technical reason or just preference?

and

How long of a piece of celluloid did you need to make the pen... more than 20cm?

Thanks,

William

I believe the material is called Tibaldi "Rosso Verde." Bexley, Stipula and, probably, others have made pens in that material. I have a Stipula Etruria de Architectura in Rosso Verde. It is a very nice celluloid.

Francis, I for one would be eager to buy a regular Bulkfiller in almost any of the Tibaldi celluloids. I have been waiting and hoping for the opportunity.

David

Yes, Rosso Verde is the name. Not that creative. :)

I would also love pens in the old Tibaldi celluloids. I recently got a pen in the Havana Blue material and it is almost as neat as the Impero.

Edited by zaddick

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Beautiful pen - not sure the colour is my thing but overall design and execution looks very good - green window works !

Thanks for sharing.

Eric.