Dearest Friends and Visitors of the Fountain Pen Network,
We have started implementing the changes we promised here: Upcoming Changes To FPN
Please do read the linked message above.

Photo

Another Quality Control Issue

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 RMN

RMN

Museum Piece

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,240 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:59

How can you explain the fact that my CS Winston writes perfectly after the nib is tuned as it should be by a nibmaster.
Now it works fine with a converter as well! With all inks CC combinations thus far!
I personally think that CS specifies their nibparameters towards Bock a bit more towards the " soft writing feeling"
The risk is then more prone to skipping and start ups.
Once a CS writes , it is the softest writer in the collection I have.
I also have the ipression the the M nibs are more sensible to this problem , as well as IM nibs
None of these issues of bad starting and skipping with F and IF nibs to my experience

Do you have experience with B nibs in this regard?

I can't explain why the converter works after going to the nibtech. I do know that in my case skipping stops with a cartridge. And that I have the converter problems with other brands as well.

The fact that the F side of the nibspectrum gives less problems is because the ink needed is less, so the feed can keep up more easily.

Now did that nib tech widen the feed channels???

D.ick

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation. :

#32 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,632 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2014 - 15:42

I'm betting they increased the flow. With my stubs over the years, that seems to be the first thing tweaked before they ever touch the nib.

#33 arran

arran

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2014 - 18:31

Do you have experience with B nibs in this regard?

I can't explain why the converter works after going to the nibtech. I do know that in my case skipping stops with a cartridge. And that I have the converter problems with other brands as well.

The fact that the F side of the nibspectrum gives less problems is because the ink needed is less, so the feed can keep up more easily.
Now did that nib tech widen the feed channels???

D.ick

Dick

No experience with CS B nibs although I am tented to
The nib was made from a B nib that was cut into a IM nib by a local nibmeister, so I can imagine that the feeder nib relationship remains the same?
Ps I have very good results with japanese dry wrieters using a metal ball in their cartridge.Never had skipping issues with them.