Inky T O D - What The Heck Is An Inky T O D? Who Picks Them?

amberleadavis

Who's bright idea was that anyway?

Well, mine.

So, Inky TOD is sort of a daily musing about ink. A thought, thread or topic that is on my mind.

Inky Thought O' Day (or in homage to my college buddy, O'dea).

Or Inky Topic O' Day, Inky Thread O'Day or any other cool acronym.

Why not Inky TOTD because really, who is Tot-D? Is that about potatoes? (Tator-Tots)

TOD seems like a cool name.

Some of the questions are ones that I wondered about when I first started, and some are questions I still ask. I've tried to include with questions that allows ink lovers (pushers, enablers, junkies) to share some inky knowledge.

Sometimes, I take a question that has been PMed (sent via Private Message) to me, and sometimes, I appropriate another FPNers post. I try and ask before I rename the topic with an Inky TOD, but if I don't and it offends you, send me a PM and I'll apologize and re-rename the thread. Basically, when another FPNer asks a question or muses about on an inky thought that's been on my informal list, I make the musing an Inky T O D.

Remember, no matter how it looks, none of us know it it all. (My teenager thinks she knows it all, but she is mistaken).

So, what are some Inky TODs you'd like to see?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• mwpannell

• lapis

• The Blue Knight

I guess it would be quite a useful tool to have them indexed, would you consider making an inky TOD index like the reviews index so the links are all compiled in one place.

I love the fact that TOD refers to -- among 30-40 other possibilities -- Time of Death.

Thusly, I read here everything thereunto pertaining.

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/peli46/1_ani.gif

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

I guess it would be quite a useful tool to have them indexed, would you consider making an inky TOD index like the reviews index so the links are all compiled in one place.

Yep, I think DizzyPen has been "con"vinced to do so.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I love the fact that TOD refers to -- among 30-40 other possibilities -- Time of Death.

Thusly, I read here everything thereunto pertaining.

http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu264/peli46/1_ani.gif

As a legal term it's a Transfer Upon Death ... as in my kids get my apple stock (if I had any).

Interesting, this. I started reading the Inky Thoughts section a little more closely (more often/more regularly?) a couple of weeks ago and obviously those Inky T O D s were all over the place with cleverly spaced letters so the capitals could ring out, I might add. I eventually started wondering, "What the heck does T O D stand for?" but never for long because the T O D topics were interesting enough to move me along my with only a, "Who cares?" Yesterday, though, it bugged me enough to think about firing off a "What does T O D mean?" post. But not wanting to unduly show off my ignorance, I figured I'd actually give it some thought and Thought of the Day seemed most obvious, but that would be T O T D, right? But it had to be thought of the day, right? Well, here you go. Today my suspicions and conjectures are answered with certainty. If only life's other mysteries were revealed so clearly so soon. Nice, though, to know what's behind it all.

Well, we've had inky hands, inky cats, even inky children, why not inky T O Ds?

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Interesting, this. I started reading the Inky Thoughts section a little more closely (more often/more regularly?) a couple of weeks ago and obviously those Inky T O D s were all over the place with cleverly spaced letters so the capitals could ring out, I might add. I eventually started wondering, "What the heck does T O D stand for?" but never for long because the T O D topics were interesting enough to move me along my with only a, "Who cares?" Yesterday, though, it bugged me enough to think about firing off a "What does T O D mean?" post. But not wanting to unduly show off my ignorance, I figured I'd actually give it some thought and Thought of the Day seemed most obvious, but that would be T O T D, right? But it had to be thought of the day, right? Well, here you go. Today my suspicions and conjectures are answered with certainty. If only life's other mysteries were revealed so clearly so soon. Nice, though, to know what's behind it all.

I must have been channeling your TOD. :)

I must have been channeling your TOD. :)

I did feel particularly challenged yesterday ... oh wait, no. Channeled. Didn't really feel channeled. Nor moderated. But seriously, I appreciate the forum's aid in helping me more wisely expand my ink horizons beyond glorious, wonderful black.

Spending less on pens but more--yet less--on inks, saves money in the long run, right? A well-practiced lawyer should be able to defend that.

tod = Death

ToD = Transfer on Death

ToD = Time of Death - especially important to us homicide prosecutors

Guessing here ToD = Topic of the Day.

FWIW nothing wrong with black. I have six bottles of different "blacks," and am still searching for the consistent burned onto the page by the fires of hell black look. The black that feels like its sucking your soul into the page, regardless of pen or paper choice. The black that makes a lump of coal look light. The black that says abandon hope all ye who read this document.

Imagination and memory are but one thing which for diverse reasons hath diverse names. -- T. Hobbes - Leviathan

Yeah, black is good. And those are some really dark black inky thoughts there!

I am sure that I am missing something, but other than the T O D branding, perhaps to gain attention, how are the T O D threads different from any other inky threads?

All things work out in the end. If it is not working out, it is not the end.

I am sure that I am missing something, but other than the T O D branding, perhaps to gain attention, how are the T O D threads different from any other inky threads?

Ooo TOD branding. I love it.

Mostly, they are just any other inky thread, but they are topics that keep coming up and it allows us to create an index.