Anyone Buying A 90Th Anniversary Model?

fc2462

I was just curious . . .

I'm thinking about getting a 149 in the 90th anniversary version.

Anyone else?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mister Mont Blanc

• Sampanel

• da vinci

• Vlad Soare

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really wanted to!! I was looking for an EF which WAS available three days ago but when I went to order it yesterday, it was gone :( :( :(

I really like the 90th nib more but I thought it might show ink spots easier

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

Not sure if this is an appropriate question for this forum, but where would one purchase it? I'm nowhere near a boutique.

"History Teaches us that men and nations behave wisely once they have exhausted all other alternatives." Abba Eban

Not sure if this is an appropriate question for this forum, but where would one purchase it? I'm nowhere near a boutique.

Same here. I get mine through the Montblanc website. There's also Paradise Pen in USA/WheelersLuxuryGifts and Fountain Pen Hospital if you want a discount. These are all authorized retailer websites.

Edited by Mister Mont Blanc

I keep thinking about selling some of my pens but all that happens is I keep acquiring more!

I bought one with a broad nib. I am enjoying it and I understand sales of the pen are strong. I agree that the box could have been a better effort but it is what it is!

I just purchased the pen with an XF nib at the Chicago MB boutique. It is a beautiful pen, my first 149 size pen. The nib is huge compared to the 146 nib. The design on the nib is impressive. I am very happy with the way it writes and definitely recommend it.

Also purchased the permanent grey ink.

Maybe if I love the 149 enough, I'll just have to try a Broad nib in the 90th next! Love that nib

I purchased a 149-90 B-nib via the MB SF store. It's my only modern fountain pen (excepting a Hemingway which I bought when first released). It's a fine piece of work with, as others have noted, a cheapo packaging effort. In any event, the pen will be available from April, 2014 through March, 2015 and it's not a limited edition. Given that, you should be able to get any nib you like, especially since the company offers a "nib exchange" service (however, that involves returning the pen to a service center and a long wait).

I purchased a 149-90 B-nib via the MB SF store. It's my only modern fountain pen (excepting a Hemingway which I bought when first released). It's a fine piece of work with, as others have noted, a cheapo packaging effort. In any event, the pen will be available from April, 2014 through March, 2015 and it's not a limited edition. Given that, you should be able to get any nib you like, especially since the company offers a "nib exchange" service (however, that involves returning the pen to a service center and a long wait).

It's really a shame they don't even throw in a bottle of ink on the side. It's $22 out of over $900... Maybe they will after the 'special' boxes are done and move them to the regular 149 boxes with ink bottle.

I'm not near any boutique either so I was planning to order from one of the authorized dealers and have it shipped sight unseen.

I was wondering if anyone could post a picture of the box and materials that come with it? I'm just curious since I see some replies that indicate there is some sub-standard packaging which surprised me since it's an anniversary model. You would think if anything, they would spruce it up a notch.

I've got one 149 standard and it came in a large box with an included ink bottle and a really nice full color booklet.

Thanks,

Frank

I'm not near any boutique either so I was planning to order from one of the authorized dealers and have it shipped sight unseen.

I was wondering if anyone could post a picture of the box and materials that come with it? I'm just curious since I see some replies that indicate there is some sub-standard packaging which surprised me since it's an anniversary model. You would think if anything, they would spruce it up a notch.

I've got one 149 standard and it came in a large box with an included ink bottle and a really nice full color booklet.

Thanks,

Frank

To my knowledge and from the MB website, it comes in the same box as all of the other 90th Ann. pens. It's the normal smaller sized box but it's a special edition with 4810 design and outer sleeve. I didn't even think it could fit into that little slot in those boxes!

post-112221-0-63820100-1400812047.jpg

Edited by Mister Mont Blanc

It's really a shame they don't even throw in a bottle of ink on the side. It's $22 out of over $900... Maybe they will after the 'special' boxes are done and move them to the regular 149 boxes with ink bottle.

Why would they run out of boxes?

Inked

Edited by Inked

I got one in fine a month or so ago. Nice pen. My "fine" is my broadest writer yet, wider than my mediums. It's also quite wet. But it sure is smooth!

I bought one last week- a 149 with a medium nib- from the boutique in Sydney.

Great service, the manager throwing in a bottle of standard Montblanc black ink- nice touch!!!

Writes great straight out of the box

I bought one on Monday this week - a Classique in Medium nib. I really liked the nib and the rose gold and could not resist. Purchased through Fountain Pen Hospital. I bought the pen for personal correspondence and signatures, so this will sit in its box on my writing desk. Very smooth and wet nib - it makes my favorite ink (MB Midnight Blue) have that wonderful dark black with hints of blue look that I enjoy so much. I write with fine nibs on a daily basis, but wanted the medium nib for this purpose so that my letters would be more expressive with the bolder line.

I am in agreement with others about the box - perhaps a bit too flashy?

Very pleased overall.