Welcome to Rich's Small Pad Pen Reviews, micro-reviews of fountain pens that happen to fall into my hands. These reviews are brief--all the print that will fit onto a small pad of paper.
Pen: Visconti Opera in Honey Almond
Date Reviewed: May 20, 2014
* The way the squared body fits into my hand
* The balance (uncapped, I wouldn't cap this pen)
* The smooth, somewhat flexible nib & inkflow
* The easy-to-fill prodigiously large converter
COULD BE BETTER
* Ink gets into the body threads and cap, and is hard to clean (much time with water and a q-tip)
I fell in love with this pen the first time I saw it, and the affair hasn't yet ended. This is my "nice writing at home" pen that I use for poetry and catching up on my thoughts. The converter fills easily and holds a lot of ink (Private Reserve Spearmint, in this case). The nib is gorgeous to look at and feels smooth and elegant on paper. Customer service is excellent. The clip "unclipped" last year. Visconti shipped the pen back to Firenze and repaired it for a minimal cost. Oh yeah, and they put my initials on the cap. Cute touch.