Is This The Most Vulgar Pen On The Planet?

Guernseytim

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scrawler

• Mickey

• inkstainedruth

• slipstream13

I don't see anything Vulgar about it

Deep fat fried, unadulterated, Chocolate frosted OOGLY?, Yes, definitely.

Vulgar? No.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Gotta say, Bruce pretty well nailed that one down. Hard to beat that description for the well-neigh-indescribable levels of fugly that thing has!

When I read "vulgar" in the title, I expected the pen to be shaped like some anatomy.

Ostentatious, yes, ugly, yes. Vulgar, as in not my definition but rather "lacking taste," is a term I hesitate to use when something is not to my taste. Other people may not approve of my pens. Taste is subjective and personal.

Edited by Waski_the_Squirrel

Proud resident of the least visited state in the nation!

Yes, it is a bit common. But then I'm an outsider to the world of gold-plated bog seats.

I think here you'll get fewer quibbles about its screaming vulgarity than about the fact it's not a piston filler and the nib's too hard. :)

I must be a vulgar person. I do not consider this vulgar. I have seen much worse.

Golden Turd.

'The Yo-Yo maneuver is very difficult to explain. It was first perfected by the well-known Chinese fighter pilot Yo-Yo Noritake. He also found it difficult to explain, being quite devoid of English.

So we left it at that. He showed us the maneuver after a sort. B*****d stole my kill.'

-Squadron Leader K. G. Holland, RAF. WWII China.

This artifact has been wrongly identified as related to Budda. It is, of course, the Aztex God Quetzalcoatl, known to the Maya as Kukulcan for whom this ritual pen was devised to be a part of the human sacrifice rituals of both civilizations.

The actual act of killing the victim to be sacrificed was made easier by this instrument of death which featured a #6 nib in an EF for puncture and a surprisingly sophisticated heart-activated inking system that allowed for great amounts of blood to be withdrawn without any resulting 'nib creep'. An earlier variant used a cartridge and was abandoned because of lack of capacity and blood type.selection.

Other nibs were fashioned by followers of the god Tlalac (Maya Chac) who were known as the "masters of the pointy thing that is on the end of the ugly stick". Though not as efficient, some stubs and obliques were used.

I hope that this clears up this question.

Edited by Dickkooty2

Choked on my soda. Sorry. Now to get a paper towel and clean off my screen.

I would call it gaudy or "gauche". It also does not look like a pen meant to be written with. It would hurt and dents in your hands. I think of it as a very gaudy, over-priced display piece for someone with more money than sense :unsure:

The pen will always be mightier than the sword

Yes, we just have to find a way of making Dickkooty2 guest editor of the next Pen World.

Choked on my soda. Sorry. Now to get a paper towel and clean off my screen.

Would have done the same had I had a beverage near me :)

This one comes close to crossing the V - Zone.

Now that one is......ummmm.......pardon my lack of words.......nice nib? And when did Sylvester Stallone get into the pen business and why? :huh:

This artifact has been wrongly identified as related to Budda. It is, of course, the Aztex God Quetzalcoatl, known to the Maya as Kukulcan for whom this ritual pen was devised to be a part of the human sacrifice rituals of both civilizations.

The actual act of killing the victim to be sacrificed was made easier by this instrument of death which featured a #6 nib in an EF for puncture and a surprisingly sophisticated heart-activated inking system that allowed for great amounts of blood to be withdrawn without any resulting 'nib creep'. An earlier variant used a cartridge and was abandoned because of lack of capacity and blood type.selection.

Other nibs were fashioned by followers of the god Tlalac (Maya Chac) who were known as the "masters of the pointy thing that is on the end of the ugly stick". Though not as efficient, some stubs and obliques were used.

I hope that this clears up this question.

I think you are serious - am I right? Blood ritual - human sacrifice? Wow - that is an ugly pen.

When I read "vulgar" in the title, I expected the pen to be shaped like some anatomy.

Ostentatious, yes, ugly, yes. Vulgar, as in not my definition but rather "lacking taste," is a term I hesitate to use when something is not to my taste. Other people may not approve of my pens. Taste is subjective and personal.

Tasteless, gaudy, showy, over-done, flashy.... I think it fits into those quite well.

It's definitely subjective - don't expect everyone to agree with me :-)

The pen is ostentatious but looks well crafted and in my opinion it isn't vulgar. The price however is quite vulgar.

Any pen used for writing "Fast and Furious" sequels.

Does anyone know if Jackie Collins uses a fountain pen?

The liberty of the press is indeed essential to the nature of a free state; but this consists in laying no previous restraints upon publications, and not in freedom from censure for criminal matter when published. Every freeman has an undoubted right to lay what sentiments he pleases before the public; to forbid this, is to destroy the freedom of the press; but if he publishes what is improper, mischievous or illegal, he must take the consequence of his own temerity. (4 Bl. Com. 151, 152.) Blackstone's Commentaries