#31 00Photo

00Photo

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:11

These are always in one of my pockets. Lamy 2000 BB Pendleton Point and .5mm pencil.

14186009356_5a4c169552_b.jpg

#32 _Stormin_

_Stormin_

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:15

My MB Starwalker... Honestly, it's my favorite for no reason other than it was my second fountain pen and my Phileas was recently damaged beyond repair. It's been around the longest, and so it somehow wins.

#33 trdsf

trdsf

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2014 - 01:25

It was my trusty black Estie until I lost it.  Now pens that I'm spectacularly fond of stay home and ones I can afford (financially and emotionally) to lose are the only ones that travel.  Right now that's the Romus and the Fellowship.  The Romus lives in my cubicle at work; the Fellowship rides in my pocket.  Everything else stays home where I know where they are (within a few meters, anyway).

"Well, believe me, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway."
--Crow T. Robot, Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie
My Flickr, if you're interested

#34 HalloweenHJB

HalloweenHJB

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:14

These are always in one of my pockets. Lamy 2000 BB Pendleton Point and .5mm pencil.

14186009356_5a4c169552_b.jpg

Magnificent!  You captured the spirit perfectly!

#35 ArchiMark

ArchiMark

Pen Nut & Pretty Good Guy

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,090 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:47

Hmmmm.....................

Newton Tortoise Celluloid..........

P1050009.jpg

And of course the CS Churchill Dartmoor.....cars are there for scale reference...it's a big pen.......

CS-Churchill-Minis-P1010276.jpg

Digerati & FP Addict
Diplomat #055

*** Please check my for sale posts in Classifieds ***

#36 algodonzo

algodonzo

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:04

Even though they're not old enough, I consider most of my pens to be war horses, but the one that has been under the heaviest fire is probably my Lamy Vista. It was my first "real" FP and has lived in my pockets for one year now. I use it all day, every day.

#37 D.C. in PA

D.C. in PA

DC in PA

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2014 - 05:41

I carry a calendar book for work and a notebook with to-do lists for home - both have pen loops.  In the calendar is a Sheaffer Prelude with Noodler's Nightshade on board, the list book has a charcoal Lamy Safari with Diamine China Blue.  Both have carts that have been refilled via suringe and, interestingly, they are the only cartridge pens I carry (although there are some converters in the mix).  These two have been in their notebooks for at least six years.

D.C. in PA - Always bitin' off more than I can chew.

#38 Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David

Go Blue!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:51

The closest I can think of are in my edc pen wrap:  a semi-matched set of a yellow Pilot VP, F nib, usually inked with Pilot blue-black and a red Pilot VP F nib inked with Sheaffer Skrip red ink (what else!?).  The red one has gold trim and at least one retired Marine has made favorable comment on it.  These two are used in my edc notebook, for edits, etc.  For my serious writing I have a stable which go through rotation.  Most represented in the stable are modern Parker Duofold with M nibs.  They allow a P-45 and a P-51 to run with them.

Moshe ben David

"Behold, He who watches over Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps!"

#39 hbdk

hbdk

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2014 - 13:12

My 30 (?) year old Safari charcoal F nib and my Italix Parson's Essential (if not a war horse it is at least build like a tank...).

#40 WirsPlm

WirsPlm

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 15:26

I love my low cost Pilots and Esterbrooks, they work great whenever I need them (Pilot F and EF nibs do have a tendency to dry out if left uncapped for a while, but they're so tiny I can understand that and it's not hard to recap), I've also generally had good luck with Chinese pens, the look and finish doesn't always hold up to heavy use but the pens will keep writing well (if they come writing well).

#41 Nanor

Nanor

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2014 - 22:44

The Pelikan 400 is my weapon of choice but it’s no war horse, for that I’ve got a battle hardened Kaweco Sport, which never leaves my pocket.

#42 pbhat

pbhat

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:55

Without doubt Sheaffer Targa from the older lot and Pilot VP from the new

pbhat

#43 setriode

setriode

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 18:54

A Lamy Safari in charcoal with a fine nib but which in fact writes with a width between a medium and broad.  This takes the rough treatment.  A Kaweco sport Chess in black is a regular shirt or jacket pocket pen but doesn't go to war.

#44 bardharlock

bardharlock

Stormin' Mormon

• Member - Gold

• 840 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 19:07

It was a Sailor Pro Gear Slim in black with EF nib. The Pilot Prera with a fine nib that I received Saturday is definitely my new war horse. The Sailor will still be my formal pen, as black and gold look great. But, the Prera is a fantastic writer at a price point that makes it less of a worry if the pen were to be damaged or lost at work. I also prefer the snap cap at work, as doctors tend to be impatient when giving orders.

Edited by bardharlock, 19 May 2014 - 19:09.

"In this world... you must be oh, so smart, or oh, so pleasant. Well for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant."

#45 Garageboy

Garageboy

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 19:32

Pelikan M205 Red and Esterbrook J red

Too bad the Esterbrook is in retirement (cap perpetually loose)

#46 Captivelight

Captivelight

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2014 - 20:38

A 30 year old Parker 45 TX with the a buttery smooth 14k medium nib ... love this pen.

pen01.jpg

#47 Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David

Go Blue!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:11

It was a Sailor Pro Gear Slim in black with EF nib. The Pilot Prera with a fine nib that I received Saturday is definitely my new war horse. The Sailor will still be my formal pen, as black and gold look great. But, the Prera is a fantastic writer at a price point that makes it less of a worry if the pen were to be damaged or lost at work. I also prefer the snap cap at work, as doctors tend to be impatient when giving orders.

Someday when the budget suits you might want to look into a Pilot VP.  No cap at all; just a push button mechanism.  Works great when you're on the floor in sales and I'm told doctors on rounds also like it for that reason.  I find mine to be smooth and dependable writers.  Get a F nib and you won't have issues with forms either -- and the ink will go further.

Moshe ben David

"Behold, He who watches over Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps!"

#48 bardharlock

bardharlock

Stormin' Mormon

• Member - Gold

• 840 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:05

Someday when the budget suits you might want to look into a Pilot VP.  No cap at all; just a push button mechanism.  Works great when you're on the floor in sales and I'm told doctors on rounds also like it for that reason.  I find mine to be smooth and dependable writers.  Get a F nib and you won't have issues with forms either -- and the ink will go further.

I have considered a VP many times. I just can't get over the clip being right on the section. I need to try one first, and there is no pen shop where I live and when I am out of town I never seem to make time to go to a decent pen shop. :/
"In this world... you must be oh, so smart, or oh, so pleasant. Well for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant."

#49 martinbir

martinbir

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:46

Mine is another Lamy 2000.

I always fancied the idea of one faithful pen - one for which warhorse would be an apt name - but had too many nice pens, so my daily writer was one from a rotation of maybe 10 pens. Then I got my old Lamy 2000 fixed and all the others have had an easy time of it ever since; must be six months or so now.

#50 Charles Rice

Charles Rice

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:19

My Targa 1007 is almost always inked.

#51 HalloweenHJB

HalloweenHJB

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2014 - 22:19

My MB Starwalker... Honestly, it's my favorite for no reason other than it was my second fountain pen and my Phileas was recently damaged beyond repair. It's been around the longest, and so it somehow wins.

I am with you on that.  I wonder how many others would say the same?

I have one of my first fountain pens, a Pelikan M200 (I think!) in Tortoiseshell that I absolutely love --- the nib is kind of odd from use and from wear and tear, so it has a slight sharpness that gives it a stroke that I don't get from any of my other pens.  So it's the one I always want to try new ink in.  

#52 Nihontochicken

Nihontochicken

Nihonto Chicken

• Member - Gold

• 1,233 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:32

Kaweco sport.  rugged and compact enough to take camping, mountain climbing, sailing, cycling any where in the out doors.  its little nib is very nice.

What he said.  See pocket just to the right of Dino The Killer Chihuahua (affectionately known as 'Cuda Dog).

Dino1_zpsf2e46ef5.jpg

Clearer pic of pocket contents below:

IMG_0281_zps931c2f1c.jpg

Nihonto Chicken

#53 ac12

ac12

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:35

My college pens, a pair of Parker 45s (which I sadly no longer have :(  ) and a Parker 180.

Right now I rotate through several different pens, that none can be considered my primary pen.

#54 JulesSilvan

JulesSilvan

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:21

The one pen of mine that certainly lives up to the title of 'War Horse' would be the Geha Schulfüller. It has clearly being put through its paces several times over before it came into my hands, gold trim has all but disappeared, numerous scratches and some tooth marks, and the cap needs a little extra care when screwing it back on. Yet, the nib is great, it starts up every time, and the piston is perfectly smooth.

#55 ConnallMac

ConnallMac

Transplanted New Yorker

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:02

I have three, a Lamy 2000 EF, currently inked with Private Reserve Electric DC Blue. A brand new Pelikan M405 F inked with Private Reserve Black Magic Blue. Then I have a Pelikan M205 Blue Demonstrator with a 0.4mm Stub ground by Richard Binder; it's inked with Private Reserve Invincible Blue. 

#56 Theloon

Theloon

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:42

Esterbrook J with a fine stub nib using Diamine Twilight

#57 ethernautrix

ethernautrix

Be the Pen Posse you want to see in the world.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,534 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:35

I commented before that I was using a Nakaya Long Piccolo as my war-horse pen. I had modified the M nib to an EF/F, which I lovey-love love. I thought it was funny that my favorite pen is the standard Piccolo, but I was using the Long Piccolo. If only there were an easy way to swap the nib and use it on one of my Piccolos....

So I tried unscrewing the nib section from the kuro tamenuri LP and putting it on the solid black Piccolo (the first Nakaya I bought (in 2008)). And lo! the transplant did work! So, for several days, the black Piccolo with a kuro tamenuri nib section has been my war-horse pen.

It did feel weird to swap the sections--I had to fight the compulsion to leave orginal parts with their original pens--so far, so good. (Smiling.)
I ink; therefore, I am
Fleekair <--French accent.

#58 penmanila

penmanila

Vacumaniac

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:02

here's mine--it goes with me everywhere. i know it seems a bit ostentatious to go around with an agatha christie, but heck, i'm 60, and most people don't know what it is, anyway. i actually have two agatha christies; i saved up for and got a second one so i could feel better about using one of the two. one of them is in great shape in a box, for the collection; this one's the user, with a few tiny nicks and there so i'm not too worried about it, as long as i don't drop or lose it. smooth stub nib by greg minuskin, by the way ;)

10066278515_fe77736389_c.jpg

Check out my blog and my pens

#59 parnesh

parnesh

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:23

here's mine--it goes with me everywhere. i know it seems a bit ostentatious to go around with an agatha christie, but heck, i'm 60, and most people don't know what it is, anyway. i actually have two agatha christies; i saved up for and got a second one so i could feel better about using one of the two. one of them is in great shape in a box, for the collection; this one's the user, with a few tiny nicks and there so i'm not too worried about it, as long as i don't drop or lose it. smooth stub nib by greg minuskin, by the way ;)

10066278515_fe77736389_c.jpg

:notworthy1:  You sir, win the style stakes...

#60 Cryptos

Cryptos

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:26

I'm the complete opposite. My current go to work pen is a Pilot 78G fine with a proprietary cartridge fitted. It does the job and nothing more!