Photo

Toucan Ink - Group Buy - Us Members

toucan ink toucan fountain pen ink justwrite group buy toucan ink group buy toucan ink us

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#31 Ink Stained Wretch

Ink Stained Wretch

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:44

Oh, bummer :wallbash: ! I didn't see this till now. Those 150 mL packs look so tempting. BTW, the site says there are 400 mL packs, but I don't see any.

If only I'd known this was going on :headsmack: .

If one of these deals gets planned for the future will I need to haunt this part of FPN to find out about it or will some sort of notice be given in other areas too?

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!
ink stained wretch filling inkwell

#32 Sinistral1

Sinistral1

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2014 - 14:47

This was a one of. It could be done again, but it will cost more and somebody else will be doing it. Anybody can volunteer to organize a group buy, and Kevin couldn't have made it any easier - he even printed the mailing labels up for me to use! Each order is in a sealed pack to contain any inky mishaps. His company is the down under version of Goulet Pens - great products and great service, minus the blue Saran Wrap and Tootsie pop!

Edited by Sinistral1, 16 June 2014 - 14:54.

Let The Lord make the judgement and deal with any sin, we are tasked to show His love to everyone. Unknown

#33 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 June 2014 - 00:04

Oh great! I should have known there would be a catch. A marsupial is needed to make it work? Would a fast running rabbit work instead, cause thanks to my worthless dog and his inept rabbit control methods, those are all I've got to work with.

Sorry for late reply.  Marsupial = target in the hunt (normally the larger variety - kangaroos, wallabies etc).  You could probably substitute whatever animal you find on the US coat of arms instead - no, wait, that might not be such a good idea...

#34 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 June 2014 - 00:05

This was a one of. It could be done again, but it will cost more and somebody else will be doing it. Anybody can volunteer to organize a group buy, and Kevin couldn't have made it any easier - he even printed the mailing labels up for me to use! Each order is in a sealed pack to contain any inky mishaps. His company is the down under version of Goulet Pens - great products and great service, minus the blue Saran Wrap and Tootsie pop!

When's the last time the Goulets sent you a boomerang, though??

#35 Sinistral1

Sinistral1

Collectors Item

• 1,428 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:24

No, can't say there has been anything sent to me by Goulet Pens anywhere nearly as cool as my new boomerang. I have used and enjoyed many of their products, and am currently waiting for another of their legendary packages to arrive - maybe this one will contain a nugget of gold!

Edited to add - I don't know if we even have a coat of arms for America. I am planning on using my yard rabbits as targets, and hope for the best.

Edited by Sinistral1, 17 June 2014 - 06:27.

Let The Lord make the judgement and deal with any sin, we are tasked to show His love to everyone. Unknown

#36 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:34

No, can't say there has been anything sent to me by Goulet Pens anywhere nearly as cool as my new boomerang. I have used and enjoyed many of their products, and am currently waiting for another of their legendary packages to arrive - maybe this one will contain a nugget of gold!

Well, I have to say, you're one up on me: Honest truth, I think I owned a boomerang once, when I was an Aussie 'expat' kid living in Hong Kong.  The kind of boomerang you buy in tourist shops, not the deadly weapon variety.  Never did work out how to throw it so it would loop back, though - if you can manage that, you're TWO up on me!  At least I know how to eat the tootsie pops...  

#37 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:36

Edited to add - I don't know if we even have a coat of arms for America. I am planning on using my yard rabbits as targets, and hope for the best.

Emu and kangaroo on the Aussie coat of arms - both prized for their meat (though I've never tried emu personally!).  I was thinking of the bald eagle - in the unlikely even you managed to hit one of those with a boomerang, I'm guessing there'd be a whole lotta trouble just around the corner...

#38 Sinistral1

Sinistral1

Collectors Item

• 1,428 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:19

Trouble would just be the start of things, for sure. The American Bald Eagle, after nearly disappearing because of pollution 40 years ago, has made a comeback and because I live along the Mississippi River here in Saint Paul, can be seen flying in my skies. They are magnificent birds. While sitting outside on break at work a couple of weeks ago, we watched two young ones fly toward us, circle us a couple of times, then fly back where they came from. It's strange to realize that you might have been considered either a supper choice or just the half way pole during a training flight of your country's national symbol!

If I can make this boomerang work without beaning myself, my dog, or any neighborhood residents, I'll let you know!

Edited to add: After it happened one day, we were in the same spot at the same time the next day (on break) when the same two young eagles flew back for a repeat performance - which is why I'm leaning toward the half way pole theory. Again, they were so low, especially when they were circling, that we could see they were checking us out, moving their heads to keep us in sight. Of course, I didn't own a battle grade boomerang at that time, but if I had had it with me...

Edited by Sinistral1, 17 June 2014 - 11:30.

#39 stonezebra

stonezebra

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2014 - 15:16

Hooray! My ink arrived safe and sound. There was a drop or two of ink on one label but no sign that the pouch itself had leaked. Just have to put them in their new ink bottle homes and fill up a pen. Oh, and there was a surprise too! Thank you again Nyleen for all your hard work.

Hugs,

Rusty

#40 alc3261

alc3261

50 Something Callinebephile!!

• 1,203 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2014 - 15:40

Please send to other countries too eg UK!!

button2.png                                                                            letterji9.png

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

#41 Sinistral1

Sinistral1

Collectors Item

• 1,428 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2014 - 16:24

Great, the fist of the flock has come home to roost!  Don't let on to what the surprise is, otherwise it wouldn't be a surprise!  Oh, and since I didn't actually order any of the ink (although I did consider getting a sample set), if you are interested in seeing the ink on a Flex Art Review, I'm willing to accept samples to do that.  Another successful inkvasion is in the history book!

#42 DessertMaker55

DessertMaker55

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2014 - 21:44

Yay! I received mine today and everything looks great! No leaks at all. Thank you for the surprise as well!!! And thanks again for organizing!!

#43 jlikesink

jlikesink

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2014 - 23:52

I got mine, too!

I'll be happy to send you some samples - just need to find some of the spare sample bottles.

Julie

#44 alarickc

alarickc

Inknut

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:26

I got mine today as well. Thanks for organizing this! 

#45 Sinistral1

Sinistral1

Collectors Item

• 1,428 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:10

Thanks - no rush on the samples. I've got over 80 samples waiting to be done!

#46 Kashmir

Kashmir

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2014 - 19:46

I received my ink this afternoon! Thanks again and thanks for the surprise! :-) Love the ink,too.

#47 Sinistral1

Sinistral1

Collectors Item

• 1,428 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2014 - 22:41

Will members Justin_B and bleair please let me know if their ink order arrived safely to confirm the information on the USPS website indicates? Thank you!

#48 ac12

ac12

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,646 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2014 - 22:42

Got mine today  :)

Now to figure out what to put the ink into and start writing.

#49 vossad01

vossad01

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2014 - 22:44

Oh, and since I didn't actually order any of the ink (although I did consider getting a sample set) [...] I'm willing to accept samples

Not sure about how practical the logistics would be of making a sample set when I pick up my ink.  I have vials from Dillon.  I think I only have 7 syringes though, so that would only get through half the colors.

Edited by vossad01, 20 June 2014 - 00:23.

#50 Sinistral1

Sinistral1

Collectors Item

• 1,428 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2014 - 23:17

I could give you the vials and money for postage and you could send the samples after you get home - would that work?

#51 vossad01

vossad01

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 June 2014 - 00:53

That won't make nearly as good of story as scrambling trying to fill ink sample vials in a parking lot, but sounds much more practical  :).  If you are willing to help with postage, it won't be an issue at all for me to fill up vials and send them to you.

#52 bleair

bleair

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:15

Will members Justin_B and bleair please let me know if their ink order arrived safely to confirm the information on the USPS website indicates? Thank you!

The inks arrived and in great shape, plus there was a bit of candy neatly packed.. what a cool and fun little bonus!

Thank you so much for putting all this together. I'm at work and have to do laundry and pack for a trip tomorrow, but even if I can't get a writing sample up tonight I will do one soon.

Thanks again!

#53 Pentulant

Pentulant

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 June 2014 - 14:48

Links to a couple of pictures of mine over on Instagram

Pic 1

Pic 2

Thank you again!!!

Review coming soon to IG and my blog.

pentulant [adjective]: immodest or wanton in search of all things related to pens<BR> [proper noun]: Christine Witt Visit Pentulant<br>
President, Brush Dance - we make high-quality, mindful Calendars, Planners, Journals, and other fun stuff you'll love

#54 Sinistral1

Sinistral1

Collectors Item

• 1,428 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 June 2014 - 16:08

It looks like the cap can be put back on if you don't want to decant the whole bag all at once. My other thought - could you use a syringe to add a little water to what remains, and squish it around to try to capture all of inky the goodness? You could use the syringe to suck up the last drops. Nice photos!

#55 Pentulant

Pentulant

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 June 2014 - 16:30

I do think the cap could be put back on and it would reliably hold the ink in - maybe I'll test it out in a sink overnight - we'll see ;)

I think that was is left in the bag is literally just drops. My Noodler's 30ml bottle was filled.  I was having a hard time even getting a q-tip full of ink out of the bag at the end there!

It looks like the cap can be put back on if you don't want to decant the whole bag all at once. My other thought - could you use a syringe to add a little water to what remains, and squish it around to try to capture all of inky the goodness? You could use the syringe to suck up the last drops. Nice photos!

pentulant [adjective]: immodest or wanton in search of all things related to pens<BR> [proper noun]: Christine Witt Visit Pentulant<br>
President, Brush Dance - we make high-quality, mindful Calendars, Planners, Journals, and other fun stuff you'll love

#56 JustWrite Pen Company

JustWrite Pen Company

Mint

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:52

It looks like the cap can be put back on if you don't want to decant the whole bag all at once.

Yes, the cap can be replaced and left over ink left in the pouch. These pouches are reusable grade pouches, much stronger than the single use pouches that you see in the supermarkets with food in them. The cap can be replaced and they can be reused - they're dishwasher and microwave safe. They were actually designed for home made baby food.

You can improve the ink's shelf life in the pouches by squeezing the pouch to remove as much air as possible.

Kevin Watson
JustWrite Pen Company, Australia

#57 GHigley

GHigley

Near Mint

• Member - Silver

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 July 2014 - 18:16

I am horrifed to discover I missed out on this.  Please, please, please notify me if another group buy is organized. 

#58 Sinistral1

Sinistral1

Collectors Item

• 1,428 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 July 2014 - 17:16

The last of the Toucan Ink Group Buy order was delivered today! Mission accomplished - G'day!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: toucan ink, toucan fountain pen ink, justwrite, group buy, toucan ink group buy, toucan ink us