Dearest Friends and Visitors of the Fountain Pen Network,
We have started implementing the changes we promised here: Upcoming Changes To FPN
Please do read the linked message above.

Photo

Half-Price Iroshizuku In Uk!

iroshizuku pilot cheap offer sale half price uk free shipping

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 EclecticCollector

EclecticCollector

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:46

Is there like a huge import tax on the UK? A "Normal" price for Iroshizuku inks here in the US is around $28. 

Iroshizuku is just expensive everywhere outside of Japan, and then in the UK where $1 is typically "converted" to £1 and then VAT tacked on...

Edited by EclecticCollector, 26 July 2014 - 06:49.

#32 Darcy1978

Darcy1978

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 July 2014 - 13:09

A curse on all your houses. Iroshizuku in the Netherlands costs 38 euros a bottle (51 US Dollars) and now I know where to find them online for 17 euros including shipping from Japan. Yesterday I orderered a bottle of fuyu-gaki from Hobby Japan and a bottle of tsuki-yo from 'Lovely Jackie'. Hobby Japan has already shipped the ink off. I figured if I can order different bottles from different sellers I will avoid import taxes (the cap here is 21 euros). I don't really care that the shipping wil take long, because buying the stuff locally is just not an option. All in all this is looking very promising :)

Hors d'oeuvres must be obeyed at all times.

follow_me-c.png

#33 Pen Nut

Pen Nut

"You open one safe door and another one closes"

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,479 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 July 2014 - 13:28

Wow ! Thanks for the links..Just bagged me a bottle of blue for £13 inc P&P :)

If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced.
That's why people with no sense of humor have an increased sense of self-importance

" I spend 95% of my income on pens..........the rest I just waste "  ( Mr. P. Nut )

#34 Pen Nut

Pen Nut

"You open one safe door and another one closes"

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,479 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 July 2014 - 13:30

Iroshizuku is just expensive everywhere outside of Japan, and then in the UK where $1 is typically "converted" to £1 and then VAT tacked on...

Oddly some stuff slips through then other packages dont. They hold the package until paid for or it gets returned to sender so no loops holes if they grab yer stuff !

If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced.
That's why people with no sense of humor have an increased sense of self-importance

" I spend 95% of my income on pens..........the rest I just waste "  ( Mr. P. Nut )

#35 Chrissy

Chrissy

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 July 2014 - 16:26

Is there like a huge import tax on the UK? A "Normal" price for Iroshizuku inks here in the US is around $28. 

We're currently allowed about $25 worth of merchandise tax free (it's a good exchange rate for us at the moment as the GB£ is strong). The problem is that if something goes over that amount then tax of 20%, plus some additional delivery fees, is added onto the total cost inclusive of shipping.

Gifts can currently amount to about $60. I believe I saw that someone in the Pay it Forward thread hadn't received a PIF item because the PIF'er had incorrectly declared it as merchandise (paid for) rather than a gift which is what they are.

Edited by Chrissy, 27 July 2014 - 16:27.

#36 mrchan

mrchan

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:31

This was mentioned previously. There is also an ebay seller called sakura*kitty*Japan who is selling them at £14 each with most of them in stock.

(No affiliation!) 

Sakura kitty's prices fricking rock! Thanks for the link! Gonna order from them now. I usually buy from santa trading japan but they didn't have tsuki yo.

Fountain pens are like weapons. They just make your pocket bleed so much.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iroshizuku, pilot, cheap, offer, sale, half, price, uk, free, shipping