Post Your Ebay Hits And Misses

kpyeoman

You are in the wrong forum.

Ask those questions and post a clearer pic of the pen and especially the nib in the Wahl Eversharp forum.

Someone there should be able to ID the pen and nib and tell you which would be a correct swap.

For that pen, I'd be more concerned with how well it looked with the pen and wrote than if it were the Correct nib.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mardi13

• JonSzanto

• OcalaFlGuy

• kpyeoman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There have been a lot of the big black 'uns up lately. I got a black and pearl for $100.

Nicely done, GF set even.

Hopefully you also ordered a Sunshine Cloth and a tube of Simichrome and have some spare flannel shirts laying around.

Start doing your finger flexercises for polishing duty. ;)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Thx! I do need to grab a Sunshine Cloth and some Simichrome...got a couple to take care of now.

I'm really Jonesing for a Sovereign now...

Thx! I do need to grab a Sunshine Cloth and some Simichrome...got a couple to take care of now.

I'm really Jonesing for a Sovereign now...

That's a great deal on that nib section.

I'm not much on Gold but have some of it. I've never inked my 797 (FP/BP set) or my Sovereign, and they're both mint but they were also stupid crazy good deals. Too good to let anyone else get. :P

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxMjAw/z/XaQAAOxy3yNTfH0u/$_57.JPG

This would have been a great deal ($150 CAD) for a NOS, box and instructions pristine, and still with the tags on ... with an S5 nib! However, shipping is $30 CAD, so at $180, I consider it mostly average in terms of pricing, but still an ebay hit in terms of content. :)

A recent miss were two loose FF3 nibs. I seriously considered getting one ($165 USD each), but since I paid $95 for an FF3 snorkel set in flawless condition (with the sticker still on) a few years ago, $165 seemed pricey for the nib alone. As I was waffling, the nibs got snatched up. Oh well!

This Compact Imperial came today. $50 shipped. Adorable pen and nice writer. Still has the chalk marks.

post-112385-0-30027700-1402520820_thumb.jpg

post-112385-0-63057400-1402520837_thumb.jpg

Here's a hit - not a sumgai, maybe, but something I've been interested in. It was for the 'extra' nib unit that I jumped at this, a Sheaffer factory stub. Only thing keeping it from sumgai territory (for me) is that it is a cartridge desk pen, so while it will thread into a standard Imperial pen, the section and nipple stick back far enough that I can't use a convertor (well, and the fact that it doesn't have the flanges to keep the cap on!). However, I think it can be hosted by some cool Ranga pens from Teri Morris!! The package arrived very quickly (today) and the stub is really, really nice. Sharp enough edge on it to quality as a CI nib. $34.00, all in.

post-65351-0-80925800-1402548712_thumb.jpg

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Very cool and a heck of a good deal! I have one of Teri's Ranga pens with a Valor nib unit -- it's one of my favorite pens! The bonus with that stub is that the section threads aren't metal so you can use it as an eyedropper. That would be pretty awesome.

JonSzanto, may I ask a question? Do you have a desk holder for that pen? If not, how do you cover the nib end?

JonSzanto, may I ask a question? Do you have a desk holder for that pen? If not, how do you cover the nib end?

I bought this specifically for the extra nib unit, though I have an extra desk base that could house it as a desk pen. Not my intent, though, and I'll probably sell the desk pen with the medium nib (I need not another desk pen).

I had talked with Teri (as I noted above) about her Ranga pens, and I had to wait until this pen and nib arrived to check the threads. Sure enough, same Imperial threading on the section, as it screws right into both Sheaffer 444 and 826 pens. One would think "Oh, just put it on one of those bodies...". Except that it doesn't have the tabs on the section to hold the pen's cap in place. Knowing the threads now, though, means I'll be able to have one of these, only with a factory stub (woohoo!), because the cap threads onto the barrel...

http://www.peytonstreet.com/pens/ranga/ranga_blacr_2.jpg

Edited by JonSzanto

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Sorry, duplicate post...

Edited by JonSzanto

~ Benjamin Franklin

That's a beauty, super clean and a nice price.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

That's a beauty, super clean and a nice price.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Well that is great to hear!

Tyler, I am guessing that is a non-Snorkie touch down filler.

I prefer those to Snorks anyway. Just as nice of a pen without the unnecessary over complication of the Snork.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Tyler, I am guessing that is a non-Snorkie touch down filler.

I prefer those to Snorks anyway. Just as nice of a pen without the unnecessary over complication of the Snork.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I do believe it is an admiral touchdown, although I do love the complicated snorkel filling system's engineering!

Edited by Tylerjordan

Rube Goldberg has been dead 40 years.

They STILL hold a national contest annually dedicated to him.

(The Snorkie would not even get an honorable mention. For the contests, a minimum of 20 steps is required.)

The thought was still there though. ;)

Bruce in Ocala, Fl