• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mardi13

• JonSzanto

• OcalaFlGuy

• kpyeoman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I have to stop now. Both I and the bank account are reeling. That's the trouble with being a newbie -over-enthusiasm.

Not that much of hits, but at least I completed the TD Imperial II, III, IV, VI, and VIII set. One small problem is all of them except the III/Target (M nib) and VIII that I just won are F(II deluxe) or EF (Both IV and the VI) nib, I need more variety of nibs.(edit..and colors, need more blue and burgundy)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251529412000

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131182191713

(took a flier on this one, but it was indeed a td filler)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131171550640

Pretty sure I kind of overpaid ($28 shipped) on this compact though, late night ebay browsing is damaging, I kept telling my self to wait for a 14k one too,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171329145192

Edited by zchen

I am guessing you haven't received any of the 4 you listed here.

I'll agree the compact and the two tone cap are XFs.

The green I2, there's not a pic that shows the tine tips, so unless you have GOOD backchannel info from the seller, I have no idea where you're seeing an XF nib.

The first gray one looks to me to be a M Or Wider.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I am guessing you haven't received any of the 4 you listed here.

I'll agree the compact and the two tone cap are XFs.

The green I2, there's not a pic that shows the tine tips, so unless you have GOOD backchannel info from the seller, I have no idea where you're seeing an XF nib.

The first gray one looks to me to be a M Or Wider.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Did receive the Imperial VI (2nd link) and the Imperial III/Target (3rd link), which I mentioned as M nib in the original post.

Sorry for the confusion caused, the 1 imperial II (F nib), and 2 Imperial IVs (both EF nibs) I already own were not among the ebay links posted.

Edited by zchen

I love this thread. All the pictures are so nice!

I managed to score this one not too long ago.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MzU1WDE2MDA=/z/WzwAAOxycD9TXVIi/$_57.JPG

Looks like a normal valiant, but a close up of the nib that you had to blow up pretty large to see shows this ...

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDIxWDk4NQ==/z/dbUAAOxyOalTXVIq/$_57.JPG

An S5 nib! I was thrilled. This one still hasn't gotten here yet, but it cost $120 CAD, shipping from UK included. I'm stoked.

Another find was this -

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MjQ5WDE2MDA=/z/nDoAAOxyeZNTVJGa/$_57.JPG

Looks kind of ratty, right? But check this out.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MjQ3WDE2MDA=/z/fx4AAOxyBjBTVJGc/$_57.JPG

that sure looked like an S4 nib to me. I took a chance, and snagged this one for $65 CAD, shipping and everything all in. It has arrived, it is actually even in working condition (so I don't need to repair or replace the sacs or seals), and it is a very nice S4 nib. :D

And lastly is one I probably paid more for than others would advise. It was about $150 CAD all told.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/N-wAAOxy4YdTWArJ/$_57.JPG

But check out the nib!

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/~KAAAOxyaTxTWAoE/$_57.JPG

I'm a happy camper. :)

I don't see any of those as out of line prices, the $65 one was a steal.

The more desirable Sheaffer nibs can Really jack up the close price.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I would put this up on the Sheaffer forum and ask for help in IDing this pen. Something does not seem quite right to me, although it may be a pen that was made for a *very* short time. The combination of the WD on the end of the cap with lever fill is not feeling right, though I can't put my finger on it. Might be a Frankenpen, but the Valiant line sure seems like it should be using the Touchdown filling system.

(BTW, Teri has taken pains to mention that her pages at PSP are neither exhaustive nor rigorous. They serve well for common models, but oddballs - and there are a lot of them in the Sheaffer history - may require more diligence. And I'm good friends with Teri, so I feel comfortable in saying this...)

Edited by JonSzanto

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

OK the "OS" arrived, but I am not sure of the measurements required...it is a titch over 5 1/2 inches long capped, and the cap is 14mm in diameter. It's about 3/8 of an inch longer than the Flattop. And the outside is in GREAT shape!

post-112385-0-58554700-1400182404_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mardi13

Let's see if I can get a shot of the nib:

post-112385-0-01232100-1400182743_thumb.jpg

post-112385-0-57531900-1400183925_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mardi13

As I mentioned above: if you'd like to get more eyeballs (and brains) on doing a good, accurate ID of a pen, it would be best to make a separate post over (in these cases) in the Sheaffer forum. Hopefully Daniel K, Roger W, or some of the other very studied Sheaffer people can make a firm designation. There are also other sources, but you'll have to PM me for those.

ETA: lol, I didn't even realize this thread IS in the Sheaffer forum! (Too generic a title, and I just look at "New Content" anyway). That said, it always helps when you make a dedicated "ID thread".

Edited by JonSzanto

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Sorry, Jon, I didn't realize that I was breaking protocol. There was chatter upthread about it and I wanted to answer those people. And I understand what you mean about a "firm" ID.

Sorry, Jon, I didn't realize that I was breaking protocol.

Oh, gosh, I didn't mean for it to come off that way! I just know that you might get more/faster/better results with a focused post. Protocol? Meh, I never worry about such stuff, just trying to help out! I've got a lot of Sheaffers, but the company is so convoluted over it's history that sometimes - unless you are a full-time collector - it is hard to know if you have a bona fide model, or something that came together from parts.

You'll find out, eventually. You've really pulled in some lovely pens!

~ Benjamin Franklin

BTW, Mardi, check this out!

~ Benjamin Franklin

Aaack! Not another FP society...

I checked Richard's website, and it does indeed seem to be an oversize by his measurements, anyhow.

We are legion. :) But that link was more about the content than the site.

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks, I realized that.

I don't think I am geeky enough for them, though. ;-)