#61 torstar

torstar

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,477 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 May 2014 - 20:47

I'd class it as mid weight.  Some of the WEs like the Dostoevsky will be a lot lighter than it but others like the Verne are a lot heavier.  I don't know its actual in grams though.

Thanks Brandon, I bought a Verne with a little extra walking-round $$$ when it was the new kid in town.

The cap on the Verne would make a wonderful boat anchor

#62 Pen2009

Pen2009

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,509 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 June 2014 - 20:24

I like the look of the pen so far. I am leaning toward getting one. It took me several months to pull the trigger to get the Balzac. But, I find the Defoe very interesting from the very first time I saw the pictures. 

My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

#63 TheModernGent

TheModernGent

an enabler

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 June 2014 - 16:16

Personally I would love to see a Tolkien WE.

Me too! Or a George R.R. Martin WE with a fire and ice theme and a dragon clip  :wub:

I like the Defoe, the clip and nib do it for me

letterji9.png

#64 JohnEbach

JohnEbach

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 June 2014 - 21:53

I like its looks with the metal work and feather for a clip.  Makes it stand out I think rather than just the old clip look.  The metal work is intriguing by itself.  Not sure that I have personally seen that on any other pens, but that is just my thoughts and opinions.  I can't tell the color though from the photo.  It just looks like black to me.  I can't wait to see one and I am sure that I will purchase one just as I have the other writers that have come out since I started using fountain pens again.  It has to be more usable that the Colodi for sure. 

#65 Zenistar

Zenistar

Rare

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:56

I really like the look of this pen and will likely end up buying one - oh well more money into my local pen shop ;)

letterji9.png  Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem (Remember when life's path is steep to keep your mind even)postcardde9.png

#66 rube1

rube1

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:12

when is this pen expected to reach stores?

#67 Zenistar

Zenistar

Rare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:35

I guess no time soon. I was just in town and went into the most famous pen shop on Zurich's Bahnoffstrasse (they have a dedicated Montblanc area in a gallery running around the shop showing off lots of limited editions etc), they had no clue on the Defoe, had never seen it until I showed them a photo and all they would say is that Writers Editions come out in Autumn.

letterji9.png  Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem (Remember when life's path is steep to keep your mind even)postcardde9.png

#68 TheModernGent

TheModernGent

an enabler

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:37

I thought someone had said September, I could be mistaken though. Which is on par with Zenistars Autumn quote

letterji9.png

#69 BrandonA

BrandonA

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,621 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2014 - 14:44

I thought someone had said September, I could be mistaken though. Which is on par with Zenistars Autumn quote

August - September is the usual release date for the WE pens.  I'm hoping for early August like last years.  The Collodi was nearer September in the UK when it was released.

My Collection:
Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac & Defoe
Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP
Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP
Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.
Play WE game. or POA game.

#70 Lamb South

Lamb South

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2014 - 18:33

I was in the Atlanta Montblanc Boutique week before last and they had shown me some photos of the Defoe.  I asked about the size of the pen and they told me it would be slightly smaller than a LeGrand fountain pen.  I was likewise told that the wood grain resin would be unique to each pen.  They also told me that the metal on this pen will be darker, more of a tungsten type color.  According to the sales person they told me this would come out in the August - September time frame as others have inidicated on this thread.

Lamb South

True Beauty is when a spoken word encourages and brings an unexpected smile.

#71 Toll

Toll

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:11

I was in a MB Boutique today and told this pen will be available in the US on August 1st. In fact, this particular Boutique expects to host an event for the release of the pen during the second weekend of August.

Pens in Rotation::Delta Dolce Vita:Montblanc Paso Doble Bleu:Montblanc 147 Burgundy:Montblanc 149 (90th Anniversary Meisterstuck):Meisterstuck Solitaire Gold and Black Stripes:Montblanc Starwalker:Montblanc WE Faulkner:Nakaya Portable Writer(Kikyo):Sailor Pro Gear Green Mosaic:Waterman L'Etalon

#72 Z-Tab

Z-Tab

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 July 2014 - 19:27

A Defoe has landed on eBay. Pretty good pictures that show off the wood-like body.

#73 da vinci

da vinci

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,845 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 20:47

A Defoe has landed on eBay. Pretty good pictures that show off the wood-like body.

Bit of a surprise? When converted to gbp, the price is pretty good!

#74 KJY

KJY

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:35

I really wonder how that seller got that item. Mb is very strict with launching new products. Maybe some customers get some privilege, but I would expect max some weeks earlier than official launch of the sale. This one is way too soon.
My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):
Appelboom

#75 Fritz Schimpf

Fritz Schimpf

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 July 2014 - 05:58

Maybe this information might clear things up: Montblanc has already started to deliver the Defoe WE to the shops in Germany. The pens are fascinating, especially the combination between the woody looking resin and the dark grey ornaments and clip.

#76 da vinci

da vinci

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,845 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 06:50

Apparently the seller does not ship to the UK, which is unusual (bearing in mind the seller is located in the EU). Perhaps thats part of the deal they have to get these pens sooner than the UK?

#77 Montecristo

Montecristo

Enjoying life in the tropics

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 18:18

Finally some good pictures thanks to the Bay  :thumbup:

Ordered mine (F-nib) and can't wait to pick it up when I visit Akkerman in The Hague in September.

#78 isaacrn

isaacrn

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 July 2014 - 18:55

At first I really didn't care for it, but now I am liking it.  I do not care for that huge orange blob on the barrel of the ebay pen.  

In order to appreciate the sweet, you must truly taste the bitter....

Posted Image

#79 Sampanel

Sampanel

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 July 2014 - 00:55

Agreed. I visited the MB boutique on 30th June and the 90th Anni classique special edition was so happened delivered to the shop. I attempted to buy one but the sell lady said they were not allowed to do so until the release day on 1st July.

Edited by Sampanel, 06 July 2014 - 00:59.

#80 Sampanel

Sampanel

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 July 2014 - 00:56

I really wonder how that seller got that item. Mb is very strict with launching new products. Maybe some customers get some privilege, but I would expect max some weeks earlier than official launch of the sale. This one is way too soon.

Agreed. I visited the MB boutique on 30th June and the 90th Anni classique special edition was so happened delivered to the shop. I attempted to buy one but the sell lady said they were not allowed to do so until the release day on 1st July.

#81 rube1

rube1

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 10:14

Saw that Mora Stylos of Paris has it listed as 'in stock', including pictures and description.

#82 da vinci

da vinci

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,845 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 18:39

Saw that Mora Stylos of Paris has it listed as 'in stock', including pictures and description.

Thanks. The pictures do seem to highlight the large step from barrel to section. Not quite sure i am liking this as much as I did now.

#83 Orfalaise

Orfalaise

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 July 2014 - 19:29

Erforbay has listed some sealed ones too, shipped worldwide:
http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

#84 da vinci

da vinci

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,845 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 20:20

Erforbay has listed some sealed ones too, shipped worldwide:
http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Thanks - this seller has some nice pens :)

#85 Zenistar

Zenistar

Rare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2014 - 20:27

I was in my local shop in Zurich at lunch time, they had the DD triple set in ready for their window display change next week and they expect to be calling me next week to go and try the pen (from stock) and buy if i like it.

#86 Mister Mont Blanc

Mister Mont Blanc

mister mont blanc

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 July 2014 - 23:44

I was in my local shop in Zurich at lunch time, they had the DD triple set in ready for their window display change next week and they expect to be calling me next week to go and try the pen (from stock) and buy if i like it.

Ahhh memories :D I loved that boutique in Zürich. Actually the only MB boutique I've ever been in.

That's what I call service! I hope you like it when you try it out.

My Instruments from Montblanc-
149 Extra Fine fountain pen, Meisterstück Classique Medium fountain pen, UNICEF Meisterstück Classique rollerball, UNICEF Meisterstück Legrand ballpoint, Meisterstück pen case for two, Meisterstück 6cc wallet, Meisterstück Soft Grain 6cc wallet, Meisterstück 90th Anniversary Legrand Rollerball, Meisterstück single pen sleeve.

#87 Zenistar

Zenistar

Rare

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 July 2014 - 06:56

Ahhh memories :D I loved that boutique in Zürich. Actually the only MB boutique I've ever been in.
That's what I call service! I hope you like it when you try it out.

It's not the MB Boutique that I go to in Zurich, to be honest I hate that shop and the people in it (near Paradeplatz), the shop that gets all my money is Landolt Arbenz further up Bahnoffstrasse, they are a main Montblanc retailer but also sell several other brands along with general high class desk accessories etc.

#88 Mister Mont Blanc

Mister Mont Blanc

mister mont blanc

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 July 2014 - 14:28

It's not the MB Boutique that I go to in Zurich, to be honest I hate that shop and the people in it (near Paradeplatz), the shop that gets all my money is Landolt Arbenz further up Bahnoffstrasse, they are a main Montblanc retailer but also sell several other brands along with general high class desk accessories etc.

Ooohh okay, my bad.

My Instruments from Montblanc-
149 Extra Fine fountain pen, Meisterstück Classique Medium fountain pen, UNICEF Meisterstück Classique rollerball, UNICEF Meisterstück Legrand ballpoint, Meisterstück pen case for two, Meisterstück 6cc wallet, Meisterstück Soft Grain 6cc wallet, Meisterstück 90th Anniversary Legrand Rollerball, Meisterstück single pen sleeve.

#89 gerigo

gerigo

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 July 2014 - 14:46

Do you guys know whether you can get WE in other nib widths other than F or M? I would love to get a B or even a BB.

#90 BrandonA

BrandonA

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,621 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 July 2014 - 16:48

Do you guys know whether you can get WE in other nib widths other than F or M? I would love to get a B or even a BB.

The literature that came with the Balzac suggests you coUld get the following nibs: EF, F, M, OM, OB, OBB, B, BB

My Collection:
Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac & Defoe
Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP
Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP
Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.
Play WE game. or POA game.