Mb Writers Edition 2014--Daniel Defoe

TalkieWalkie

Picked up my new 90th anniversary 149 today and I was shown pictures and told of the new W.E. for 2014. It will be Daniel Defoe--writer of Robinson Crusoe. The cone appears to have some intricate metal work and the barrel appears to have some marbling or burled wood effect--it may actually even been some form of wood. USD 1,110 for the FP. Not sure what type of ink they may have. I think the release date is scheduled for July/August.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrandonA

• Zenistar

• KJY

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the information. If it really looks like that, I will be missing one year in my writer's edition collection... If someone has other pictures, please do not hesitate to post them.

Looks like a starwalker reincarnation..

Actually the cap makes me think of a Danitrio Mae West rather than MB...

I wonder whether the materials are some kind of lacquered wood or 'faux-wood' rippled resin?

I love it. I haven't seen it in person, but from the pictures, I love it. My husband likes it, which is sort of like my loving it. We both have 10 or 12 WEs, some that have stood the test of time, and some that have not. My Kafka sort of fell apart, and the Collodi looks quite awkward posted. It's a design flaw that makes the pen look sort of ridiculous, but it writes nicely, as they all do. The vermeil Agatha Christie is one I love and the Oscar Wilde and the Poe. But I love the shape of this one. It reminds me of the Fitzgerald, which is one I passed up because I didn't care for the white material, although it is a pretty pen. The Defoe looks old with the scroll work and the feather clip. Posted, it will look fabulous. Those of you that don't care for it may be seeing something I'm not seeing, but I think we've got our Christmas presents for next year all picked out. I like to get double broad nibs and have John Mottishaw turn them into cursive italics, so that always takes awhile.

Edited by dguyton

Not a fan, unfortunately.

There is something weird about the feather clip and scrolling for me. The design clashes a bit. :wacko:

I am partial to torpedo shaped pens, so I love this. I wonder how big it is. Hope it's bigger thab a 146.

Not sure how I feel about this one. I may have to see it in person before making up my mind.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

That step killed it for me. Clip looks like a theft from Delta's Native American.

Some pens have a step down, including Nakayas. Never heard complaints about step downs from their owners.

I like it better without the cap. Not a big fan of the clip, I'm waiting see it "for real"...