Iguana Sell

IguanaSell

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:47

Greetings everyone!

Pelikan has launched a new model of the collection Maki-e, and we are very glad to share it with all of you.

The Japanese artist Shozo Nakamura painted this fountain pen and we can see how well he captured the essence of the painting he was inspired in (”The great wave of Kanagawa” by Hokusai Katsushika), with the glittering water of the curling wave on the barrel.

It is made of tiny pieces of mother-of-pearl and egg shell, and to complete the seaside feeling, the cap is decorated with two Japanese traditional kites and plover birds that swoop over the waves.

This is a limited edition of 88 fountain pens of 18 carat bi-color gold nibs.

Take a look and contact us if you like it!

Attached Images

• 4.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 1.jpg

Visit our website:

And many more at iguanasell.com

Visit our store: 90, Nuńez de Balboa, (Central Business District) Madrid, Spain.

#2 Pen2009

Pen2009

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:41

This maki-e is masterfully created.  Details are exceptional.

My collection: 149 EF/F/B/OBB, Collodi B/Twain F/Mann F, 146 M, Silver Barley F, M1000/M800 B'o'B/M800 Tortoise/Sahara/415 BT/215/205 Blue Demo, Optima Demo Red M/88 EF & Italic/Europa, Emotica, 2K/Safaris/Al-Stars/Vista, Edson DB/Carene BS, Pilot 845/823/742/743/Silvern/M90/Makies, Sailor Profit Realo M/KOP Makies/Profit Makies/Profit 21 Naginata MF&M/KOP/KOP Mosaiques/Sterling Silvers,Platinum #3776 Celluloids/Izumos/Wood pens/Sterling Silvers,YoL Grand Victorian, and more (I lost counting)

#3 DrCodfish

DrCodfish

neophyte

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:16

What a feast for the eyes!  I have several prints of this, most famous image, the Great Wave of Kanagawa by Hosukai. 

800px-Great_Wave_off_Kanagawa2.jpg

I have a small print in my office at work, and a larger framed print-on-canvas here in my office at home.  This is just one of a series of 46 images by Hosukai depicting different views of Mt Fuji. I also have a print of another image in the series, Ejiri in Surugu Province:

800px-Ejiri_in_the_Suruga_province.jpg

I think this pen is stunning, but it's not on my lust list, just something beautiful to admire.  Of the Maki-e Pelikans, Sea World is my favorite, well it was, now I'm not sure. 

maki-e-sea-world-large.png

I have a Koi pond and one of these days a Maki-e Pelikan featuring a Kohaku or a Showa Sanshoku and then, ... I'm going to be in trouble.  

Edited by DrCodfish, 30 April 2014 - 02:18.

#4 Sallent

Sallent

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2014 - 20:20

I'm afraid to even ask for the price. If this was a Sailor or another Japanese pen, I would guess the pen would probably retail for around $1,000, but since this is Pelikan I'm guessing closer to $5,000?

Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane.

#5 DrCodfish

DrCodfish

neophyte

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2014 - 23:15

I have seen the Sea world pen offered for just under $5,800.   It was a limited edition of 88 pieces in 2009 I believe.  I have no details on the Great Wave pen.

#6 Iguana Sell

Iguana Sell

IguanaSell

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 May 2014 - 12:49

Hello Everyone!

The Official Price is 3500€, but if you are interested in purchasing it, please contact us and we will give you our personalized offer!

Thank you very much for following us.

Regards

Pilar

Iguana Sell

Visit our website:

Visit our store: 90, Nuńez de Balboa, (Central Business District) Madrid, Spain.

#7 Iguana Sell

Iguana Sell

IguanaSell

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:40

Hello Everyone!

We have the Pelikan Makie Seaside in stock!

If you purchase it, you can get it in 2-3 working days.

Please contact us to info@iguanasell.com for further information, or click here: Pelikan Makie Seaside Fountain Pen

Pelikan-Maki-e-Seaside-Fountain-Pen--1_1

Pelikan-Maki-e-Seaside-Fountain-Pen--2_1

Pelikan-Maki-e-Seaside-Fountain-Pen--4_1

Pelikan-Maki-e-Seaside-Fountain-Pen--6_1

Pelikan-Maki-e-Seaside-Fountain-Pen--7_1

Pelikan-Maki-e-Seaside-Fountain-Pen--9_1

Pelikan-Maki-e-Seaside-Fountain-Pen--10_

Visit our website:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pelikan, fountain pen, limited edition, maki-e, new, japanese design