Small Akkerman Bottles At Vanness

vannesspen

Vanness is offering FREE shipping with purchase of 4 bottles of the new Akkerman. It is not on our website - We can only offer by phone or email. We carry many brands of ink and variety of Pen brands. Onoto, Conway Stewart, Pelikan, Visconti, and numerous other brands.

vanness1938@sbcglobal.net

https://vanness1938.com/

post-53408-0-32335900-1398623938_thumb.jpg

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae327/VintagePen/vanness.jpg
Selling fountain pens, ink, paper & related items since 1938

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vannesspen

• FayeV

• Sridhar

• PAKMAN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was wondering the same thing, so I did a Google search and found some of their colors.

I also found this old post on FPN of comparisons of 13 colors, and if you scroll down further Amberlea added a bunch of samples which help put colors into perspective.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/258880-akkerman-comparison-of-13-colors/

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

For those not inclined to do a web search..............

and a high recommendation for the folks at Vanness - very nice people to do biz with.

fpn_1398637136__akkerman_inflacon_150_ml

Edited by MisterBoll

Vanness is offering FREE shipping with purchase of 4 bottles of the new Akkerman. It is not on our website - We can only offer by phone or email. We carry many brands of ink and variety of Pen brands. Onoto, Conway Stewart, Pelikan, Visconti, and numerous other brands.

https://vanness1938.com/

What's the price on the new Akkerman ink - smaller bottles (50 ml?)?

Edited by brgmarketing

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

What's the price on the new Akkerman ink - smaller bottles (50 ml?)?

I saw it posted here in post #82

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/264661-akkerman-bottles-comparative-pictures/page-3?do=findComment&comment=2973815

"Vanness offers free shipping in the US on Akkerman with the purchase of 4 bottles at $29.00. We will not be offering it on our website- at the request of the Akkerman staff."

Everyone should be respected as an individual, but no one idolized. -- Albert Einstein

As far as colors, I knew from the Atlanta Pen Show that Vanness (what a great store/nice people!) did not have or had sold out of a number of colors and was wondering more about what was in stock at this time.

I saw it posted here in post #82

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/264661-akkerman-bottles-comparative-pictures/page-3?do=findComment&comment=2973815

"Vanness offers free shipping in the US on Akkerman with the purchase of 4 bottles at $29.00. We will not be offering it on our website- at the request of the Akkerman staff."

Thanks for the link. Even the great Akkerman ink with free shipping at $29.00 a bottle is a bit much for me right now.

Guess I'll have to make do with what I have until I can afford to buy it or possibly set up a group buy.

Anyone have an empty bottle for sale at a reasonable price or I will swap for an Iroshizuku bottle?

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Thanks for the link. Even the great Akkerman ink with free shipping at $29.00 a bottle is a bit much for me right now.

Guess I'll have to make do with what I have until I can afford to buy it or possibly set up a group buy.

Anyone have an empty bottle for sale at a reasonable price or I will swap for an Iroshizuku bottle?

How much does it come to per bottle in a group buy?

I received my 4 bottles today. I haven't tried the ink yet. The bottles are sooooooo pretty 😍

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.". Matthew 4:19

I received my 4 bottles today. I haven't tried the ink yet. The bottles are sooooooo pretty

Ooooh ... which 4 colors did you get?

3- Shocking Blue #5

1- Simplisties Violet # 13

The bottles are gorgeous !!!

"And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.". Matthew 4:19

3- Shocking Blue #5

1- Simplisties Violet # 13

The bottles are gorgeous !!!

Wow you really love that #5 Shocking Blue. It seems to be a popular choice. It wasn't one of my 4 first choice colors, maybe I'm just not seeing it right and something is lost when I look at it on screen. I was thinking #8, #15, #18 and #24. Now I'm thinking #5, #8, #13 and #18. (since they're sold out of #15 & #24).

Edited to fix my reply, somehow my text got mixed it with the quoted section. Hope it works this time.

Edited by FayeV

I'd love some - but I'm in the UK - any realistic options?

If I understand correctly, Akkerman is sold in the Netherlands? Shouldn't it be more cost effective to order directly since you are closer?

I picked up 4 bottles at the Atlanta Pen Show - #5, 11, 15 and 28… The 28 has wonderful shading with a broad italic nib! Highly recommend the nice folks at Vanness - Lisa and Wendi were so nice to work with at the show!

I am sorry for the delay in responding- We usually get on FPN during the weekend - The bottles are $29.00 each- we typically carry all colors- we did run out of 11,15, 16, 20-24 and 29 during the week. We will be restocked by end of next week.- the most popular colors overall are 5, 11, 15, and 22. We had never taken the ink on the road until Atlanta and orange as well as grey were popular choices as well.

I picked up 4 bottles at the Atlanta Pen Show - #5, 11, 15 and 28… The 28 has wonderful shading with a broad italic nib! Highly recommend the nice folks at Vanness - Lisa and Wendi were so nice to work with at the show!

Thanks - we had so much fun! We will go back next year!