Three Pens, No Idea...

RedDawn289

So long story short I use to work at a high end hotel that was frequented by very high end clients at times. Over the years I had formed a collection of three Montblanc pens but I have no idea about how old they are or what they are worth. Please keep in mind that these pens were not stolen and were given to me by the hotel after they followed their lost and found policies. The pens had not been claimed by their owners. I have taken a few pictures and was wondering if you guys/gals could tell me about the and maybe an approximate value?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RedDawn289

• torstar

• h.farmawi

• yamaha_no_46

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i see its your first topic so Hello and :W2FPN:, well we would like to see the pictures :D

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

The heck with the pictures, tell me which hotel I should start working at. :D

The heck with the pictures, tell me which hotel I should start working at. :D

:lticaptd:

Sorry I was having issues attaching pictures. The hotel was the Royal York in Toronto Ontario. Thank you for the warm welcome

post-112721-0-99845100-1398171458_thumb.jpg

post-112721-0-71452000-1398171468_thumb.jpg

2nd image. left to right.

1) 164 ballpoint

2) 163 rollerball or 144 fountain pen ( please let us see it with the cap off)

3) Generation ballpoint

Good pens!

i think the black FP is a 144 and the BP is a 164 i have the same pens, Nice pens though !

Hello Red Dawn and welcome to FPN from England. :)

I agree with the other members that the 2 black pens are Mb Meisterstucks, and the ballpoint is a 164. The other black pen could either be a rollerball or a fountain pen. As Yamaha says if it's a RB it's a 163 and if it's a FP it could be a 144, but we would need to see it with it's cap off.

The blue pen is a Generation

Wow that was quick thank you for getting back so fast!

The one pen is a roller ball not a fountain this I know for sure.

Any ideas on the value of these pens or age?

If I needed to buy them I would be ready to pay upto US $150 for the Meisterstücks each and 100 for the Generation as long as they are in perfect condition. As for the ages, my guess would be 10 - 20 years. Indeed, these pens are neither limited edition nor vintage, age does not matter when pricing.

Edited by yamaha_no_46

You can check my blog to see what I sold similar pens for:

http://paulspenscanada.blogspot.ca/2013/11/montblanc-164-bordeaux-ballpoint-with.html

http://paulspenscanada.blogspot.ca/2013/04/montblanc-163r-bordeaux-roller-ball.html

This is a Generation pencil:

http://paulspenscanada.blogspot.ca/2012/10/montblanc-generation-05mm-pencil.html

To date the pens, if they have W. GERMANY stamped on the clip band they would be late seventies to early nineties. And if it says GERMANY on the clip band, then nineties, to now.

Feel free to contact me, RedDawn289.

Edited by Paul Raposo

There are a thousand thoughts lying within a man that he does not know till he takes up a pen to write.

--William Makepeace Thackeray

Visit my blog to see the pens I have for sale

Paul's Pens

"formed a collection"

i like that way of putting it.

My father always used to check down the sides of sofas in hotel lobbies - amazing what used to come out!

"Truth can never be told, so as to be understood, and not be believ'd." (Wiiliam Blake)

Visit my review: Thirty Pens in Thirty Days

Hey that's the pen I lost when I was staying in Toronto. Just kidding. Welcome to the FPN.

My father always used to check down the sides of sofas in hotel lobbies - amazing what used to come out!

a decade ago i got into a taxi and a fancy pen was on the back seat and i gave it to the driver.

next time i'll come on here and ask if anyone has lost one, make them describe it fully, and use it in the meantime...

Hey that's the pen I lost when I was staying in Toronto. Just kidding. Welcome to the FPN.

was this the "Have a Nap" motel I pass by during trips to Scarberia?

Ha. I used to regularly visit a high end hotel in Toronto on business.

The Royal York if I recall correctly.

I lost three Montblanc pens there and miss them dearly, especially the fountain pen . . . ;)

Edited by Tas

Good finds! You don't have a gold mine there, but you can easily get $250-300 selling all three. If the capped pen happens to be a fountain pen with an uncommon nib size, you might be able to get a bit more.

lol nice try guys! there mine now ;)

Right now they don’t work but if I wanted to get new ink for these what would the most cost effective way about getting replacement cartages? All three are roller balls.