#1 duvadie

duvadie

duvadie

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2014 - 20:45

Conway Stewart speaks of its vaunted after sale service of modern pens on its website (see http://www.conwayste....com/repair.php) but the reality that I have experienced is quite different.

The starting line reads as follows:
"Conway Stewart provides a full service pen repair and restoration for our modern writing instruments made from 2005."

My experience has been exact opposite. Conway Stewart has totally disregarded my requests. This action of taking no notice whatsoever of a customer's request is incredible. Even more upsetting is Conway Stewart's website talks about the virtues of its past, it prides itself of its pen craftmanship and service.

I have sent two emails over to both US and UK Conway Stewart addresses requesting service. I have patiently waited but no acknowledgement at all from Conway Stewart. I have also called the numbers provided but no one picks up the phone.

Any suggestions is much appreciated.

Attached Images

• image.jpg

A. Duvadie
esq.

#2 RMN

RMN

Museum Piece

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,370 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 April 2014 - 21:41

When my Winston was damaged some time ago I had no problems, they did repair it perfectly (part new cap, part barrel repair). This was handled through my B&M shop.

D.ick

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation. :

#3 duvadie

duvadie

duvadie

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:54

It seems that you had a better luck. I am in total darkness about where to go or call for the service since I have not had any response from Conway Stewart. Still hoping that they will get back to me.
A. Duvadie
esq.

#4 RMN

RMN

Museum Piece

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,370 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:44

Where do you live? Where did you buy your CS? Did you mail Mary?

D.ick

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation. :

#5 Postscript

Postscript

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:18

None of my CS pens have ever had any problems.  Good luck with getting yours fixed; I find Mary very helpful in all of my dealings with her.

Post Script

#6 fljones3

fljones3

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:58

Not knowing how long you have waited? This past week with Easter, holidays, etc. has brought slower customer response in many areas of the world. Also, sometimes emails get lost in digital space. Phone, cannot answer that. 

#7 duvadie

duvadie

duvadie

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2014 - 18:08

I did cc Mary on one of my email early last week. It is possible that my email got lost in digital ether or faced Heartbleed virus on its way. I have no alternative but to wait and see. The pen was bought directly from Conway during a pen show in USA. I believe it has been few years since my purchase.

Edited by duvadie, 19 April 2014 - 18:10.

A. Duvadie
esq.

#8 theverdictis

theverdictis

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2014 - 18:27

Strange when they pride themselves and I have only heard good things regarding their service. Hope you get this issue sorted promptly. 

Ben 

letterji9.png

#9 Mary Burke

Mary Burke

Collectors Item

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2014 - 22:12

Dear Mr. Ashish Duvadie,

I was copied into your message that was sent to the factory 'repairs' email address on April 15  and assumed that a member of staff from the factory had responded.  I apologize for not following up on your message that was sent to the UK.

I notice through your FPN image that you are located in Canada and Conway Stewart has a distributor in Canada - Ambiente.

May I please suggest that you forward your pen to Ambiente so that they can send your pen to the UK for repair. I have detailed below their contact information for your convenience.

Ambiente Promotions

Elizabeth Marwick

5863 Leslie St., #212
Toronto, Ontario M2H 1J8

Phone (905) 886-2185
Fax (905) 882-2264
Cell (647) 407-2185

If I can be of further service or assistance concerning the Conway Stewart brand, please do not hesitate to contact me.  I am located in a satellite office based in Seattle: Tel 1.425.432.0186  email: maryburke@conwaystewart.co.uk

With kind regards,

Mary Burke

#10 duvadie

duvadie

duvadie

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 April 2014 - 23:40

Dear Ms Burke,

Thank you for the reply. I will send the fountain pen to the address as you have suggested. Would you please also advise me on how would I order a new pen from Conway Stewart in Canada? I have one in mind.

Thanks Again,
Ashish Duvadie, Barrister
A. Duvadie
esq.

#11 raging.dragon

raging.dragon

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,987 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:04

Several pen shops in Canada stock CS, the ones I know of are Laywine's in Toronto, Phidon in Cambridge, and Stylus Fine Pens in Edmonton. I'm sure there are others too. If you contact Ambiente they should be able to tell you if there are any stores in your area carrying CS pens, also it would probably be best to contact Ambiente before sending your pen to them.