Four Chinese, Three Indians, And Two Germans Walk Into A Bar ...

Dickkooty2

… but seriously, folks ...

Why it seems like only yesterday I used to buy cheap pens just to see what they were like. No, I'm sorry, it wasn't yesterday, it was last Thursday.

Now i have this problem: I have four Chinese specials, three Indian take-aways, and two German wursts (in every sense of that word) on my hands. The question is one of propriety: how does one dispose of bad pens. It seems cruel both to the pen and the spirit of hand-writing to put them at the curb-side to await the pick-up by the Hood River branch of Waste Management (a registered trademark).

Perhaps there is an Adopt-a-Pen agency that sees to it that pens are just not abandoned by the side of the road (as alluded to above).

And so these quick stories to endear them to interested parties.

Four Chinese Bought at various times. A black brother/sister set of fp/bp X450s, a mottled green Hero, and a giant Jinhao 159 that sleeps six with a crew of two. All four of these are constructed of more brass than the Michigan Marching Band. China has had armies enough on its' soil, but it seems they must have bought up the artillery leftovers from Korea and Vietnam as well. All write but so what. I am keeping my orange plastic Jinhao and the Kangaroo duo fold, which are successful … the Lamy-type the most!

Three Indians Bought on two orders from that nice guy in India and Kansas. Three Serwix eye-droppers (and yes, I didn't realize how it was actually spelled until right now, so you can imagine my confusion at the name). One has a five-pointed star on the cap, one short of a MB. I don't know what you would call the nib or the writing experience, but they do seem to represent the Ur-model for an eye-dropper. I am keeping the flex Dilli which seems to be very flexible and a nice retro design with a piston fill.

Two Germans Bought as a set of three EROs. I loved the name. I am also very partial to Pelikans, MBs, Lamys, Rotrings, and Fend Pencils. Well, I am keeping the one that works, flex with a very 50s mottled dark green. The other two are also pretty, but one has the tip of the left tine missing where the iridium should have been, and the other has the piston seal stuck clearly in the middle of the ink window and it won't move either way. Either way, it isn't worth it to have them repaired.

So what did I learn from this adventure? It is probably better to buy nicer pens than to waste money on stuff that the best you can say is "good for what it is".

So here is the deal. They are free to someone who for what ever reason wants to have them. But that warm-hearted person must take them all. I will put them in a box stuffed with The Hood River News (2x weekly whether you want it or not and )mail them to an address in the US at my cost (this means last class USPS).

Contact me at my email that shows up as a part of the system when you run over some box or other.

These puppies need a home!

Edited by Dickkooty2

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dickkooty2

• Ink Stained Wretch

• Sasha Royale

• Sallent

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 for the creative thread title. Too bad you didn't finish the joke ;)

Ball-point pens are only good for filling out forms on a plane.

+1 for the creative thread title. Too bad you didn't finish the joke ;)

All were knocked unconscious. A fifth Chinese was shorter and passed safely under the bar.

Moral : Chinese/Indian/German jokes are not always funny.

(Whaddahah expect, man. It's late.)

Edited by Sasha Royale

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

… and the puppies are off to a new home with a frequent contributor to this blog. I know from his posts and comments he has an ecumenical love of all inky things regardless of nib size, fill system, or country of origin.

… and the puppies are off to a new home with a frequent contributor to this blog. I know from his posts and comments he has an ecumenical love of all inky things regardless of nib size, fill system, or country of origin.

Oh, drat! I got to this message too late. That will teach me to go to bed!

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell