Please Recommend A 8.5 X 11 Pad Or Loose Leaf Paper That Is Fp Friendly

Soulmaker1

Ideally I'm looking for something I can easily buy at a Staples, OfficeMax or Office Depot.

Thanks,

Adrian

Edited by Soulmaker1

MB 149 YWC, MB Doue BP, Parker Sterling Silver Cisele BP & RB

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• macaddicted

• Soulmaker1

• JMac

• Glenn Atkins

I really like the paper in Staples Arc M system. Purchased the junior model on sale and was very pleasantly surprised to find that it works extremely well with fountain pens. I also like the way it is customizable. Check the paper binding edge as I am not sure if that will cause you issues.

I prefer the Hammermill Laser Print - usually have to special order it to the HP, but only a little bit. (Note the Hammermill has a Color Copy which is not the same.)

--

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

Ampad Gold Fibre was not awful when last I used it. But if you're really looking for FP friendly pads do-it-yourself is the best way. The HP 32 lb. paper with the Incomptech layout is a good start. You can buy padding glue and chipboard backing to create your own pads or use any of the binding systems available through the office supply stores.

My preference is for RollaBind/Circa discs, which I think is close to the Staples Ard system. I do my own layouts, but then I have access to the Adobe Creative Suite software. You can do a lot of the layout in cell based apps such as Excel.

Ditto on the HP Premium paper. I've also been using Hammermill 24-28 lb paper with satisfaction. Like Macaddicted, I use Circa disk notebooks which I fill myself with pages made from the previously mentioned paper, printed with templates from www.diyplanner.com, and punched with a Circa punch. Best way to get FP friendly notebook paper. The Circa punch (similar to the Rollabind punch) is pricey, but you save on not having to buy pre-punched paper.

I ended up purchasing the Staples Arc system. Very nice paper, plus I liked the fact that the cover can flip around and lay flat.

Thanks for the advice!

A

MB 149 YWC, MB Doue BP, Parker Sterling Silver Cisele BP & RB

FYI, Staples sells a filler paper that is MADE IN BRAZIL, that is FP friendly.

You MUST read the country of origin, they also have Egypt paper in the same stack. Egypt paper while OK, is not as good as the Brazil paper for FP.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

8.25 by 11.75 inch three hole punch Rhodia pads are by far the best fountain pen friendly legal pad option for me. They don't sell in Staples or office max but you can easily get them online.

Goulet pens sells them for $9 each

or you can get them from dickblick for $5.75 each with free shipping

- the only condition is that you have to buy enough (about 18 will do) in order to satisfy the 20% off and free shipping on orders of $99 or more coupon which unfortunately expires midnight tonight.

Anyway, this is a heck of a deal. I'm not affiliated with Dickblick, but just a satisfied customer. I took advantage of this deal the last time they had this sale.

If you miss the midnight deadline, don't worry, they have this sale every few weeks, so you can just wait until next time.

Edit to add: I think I will post this in market watch as well

Edited by cellmatrix

I really like the paper in Staples Arc M system. Purchased the junior model on sale and was very pleasantly surprised to find that it works extremely well with fountain pens. I also like the way it is customizable. Check the paper binding edge as I am not sure if that will cause you issues.

Just cuz it's probably relevant, just wrote this up earlier today on the letter-sized Arc paper that came with my notebook.

fpn_1397803756__arc_front.jpg

and the back:

fpn_1397803750__arc_back.jpg

But course Arc Paper's holes don't fit a 3-ring binder, only Arc Notebooks (or the more expensive Levenger Disc Systems)

Edited by KBeezie

• 7 months later...

I have been using the Staples Arc Notepads for a couple years now. Only problems I have encountered is that some packs (I purchased them in packs of six pads) had no perforations - absolutely none! I had to keep an Xacto knife with me to remove each sheet. However when the pads did have perforation they were just as good in my opinion to the Levenger notepads.

My supply is getting low so I just started looking for more notepads, and... apparently they have been discontinued! Aarrgghhh! As soon as I find notepads that are perfect for my purposes, they always seem to go away. Levenger wants $32 for a pack of five pads, while the Staples Arc M pads were $24.99 for six pads.

BTW, I have a leather Circa notebook by Levenger and a few hundred sheets of the Circa pre-punched refill paper, along with several Circa notebook accessories: bookmarks, zippered plastic envelopes, dividers, etc. Also a decent collection of discs plus a full-size punch and a 3x5 size punch. I don’t use the letter size notebook much anymore though. I do use the vertical 3x5 Circa notebook, though got angry when Levenger discontinued support for them. I punch all my own 3x5 cards now and I made my own covers.

Thank you for the link to the Incompetech paper templates. They look good! I also use the Dynamic Template program available at DIYPlanner.com to print a lot of sheets.

Thank you.

Jim

HP 32#. If you want a pad it's really easy to glue your own. Just make sure you get padding -- not NCR bonding -- glue, and some chipboard. Not as nice as stitched, but easier for DIY.

You might think about a bigger Circa punch. But everything else is what I usually recommend.

HP 32#. If you want a pad it's really easy to glue your own. Just make sure you get padding -- not NCR bonding -- glue, and some chipboard. Not as nice as stitched, but easier for DIY.

You might think about a bigger Circa punch. But everything else is what I usually recommend.

Thanks Mac.

If I can't find pads that meet my needs I will give DIY a try. BTW, I do have a large Circa punch; I have two: small one for 3x5 cards, and a full letter-size too. Actually I think the large one is a Rollabind punch. Bought it when Levenger was out of stock for theirs for several months in a row.

Thanks again!

Jim

Edited by JMac