What Happened To Stipula?

fountainpende

Dear all,

I have just wanted to go to the Stipula's website and recognized that ... at least the website does not exist any more.

W: www.stipula.com
W: www.penemporium.com/stipula/

Therefore my simple question: Is Stipula still 'alive'?

Best regards

Michael

www.fountainpen.de - the website for Montblanc and Astoria collectors

logo.gif

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountainpende

• fabri00

• 64alex

• Raskolnikov

That's interesting - I checked the site maybe one week ago, and everything was up and running.

stipula.net, the page with the Netto, is still online...

Whatever:

- .com seems to expire in May - just like .net

- the .de, which seems to be registered to a local company, does not answer...

veeeery strange...

There are no facts, there is no truth - just a data to be manipulated...

A local newspaper some months ago reported it was closing.

From "La Nazione" , 3rd of July 2013:

"Chiusa ieri anche la storica azienda di penne stilografiche, Etruria, con sede in via Livorno, che commercializzava il marchio Stipula. Sono 10, in questo caso, i dipendenti senza più un lavoro."

"Yesterday Etruria, the historical fountain pen company behind the brand Stipula, its heardquarters located in Via Livorno, was closed down. Ten employees have lost their job".

I think they simply reopened under another name (Antiche Fabbriche Fiorentine, I've read somewhere), so I'm sure that pens are still in production.

Edited by Raskolnikov

That's not good. I hope those people get their jobs back and get to start making pens again!

The North American distributor, Yafa, still shows their pens as being available.

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

Perhaps Wimg can shed some light on this? He had quite good relations with the company.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Wow! I did not see it coming. Stipula is my soul brand. Altough, after the last year products, I have the explanation: "plastic" Etrurias with steel nibs and trim ( no ofence but I've been quite dissapointed by Rainbow Etrurias series), close out of famous Ambra, Alter Ego, celluloids etc. Wimg and Bryant should be able to let us know more...

A local newspaper some months ago reported it was closing.

From "La Nazione" , 3rd of July 2013:

"Chiusa ieri anche la storica azienda di penne stilografiche, Etruria, con sede in via Livorno, che commercializzava il marchio Stipula. Sono 10, in questo caso, i dipendenti senza più un lavoro."

"Yesterday Etruria, the historical fountain pen company behind the brand Stipula, its heardquarters located in Via Livorno, was closed down. Ten employees have lost their job".

I think they simply reopened under another name (Antiche Fabbriche Fiorentine, I've read somewhere), so I'm sure that pens are still in production.

I heard from trustable source that last year the bank Monte Paschi Siena suddenly cut their financing line and because of this they were on the brink of being bankrupt. This is a sad but common situation in italy where florid businesses are turned south by the banks. However, they were able to come out from bankrupt opening with a new name and so they are still in business.

This is a sad but common situation in italy where florid businesses are turned south by the banks.

I do not agree with that sentence.

I do not agree with that sentence.

In Italy there are thousands of small factories that are closing not with debits but with credits and the reasons they are closing is that or the government is not paying them (for the ones that have contracts with the governments) or that the banks are cutting overnight they credit line and they cut the line not because the factories are insolvents but because the banks need to raise capital as overexposed with government bonds which more or less willingly are forced to subscribe otherwise the government would default. Either way the real problem is government debt. And if you are a small business with say300.000 euro of credit line they can take it out literally overnight even if you are solvent, and if you are a big government company with all political connections they continue to feed them.

However, the important thing is that Stipula is back and we can continue to enjoy their pens. I have a Da Vinci in olive wool and it is a gorgeous pen with a wonderful nib, only ting is that the sliding door is not sealing completely and so it has the typical problem of these pens that it is a hard starter if unused for 24 hours.

In Italy there are thousands of small factories that are closing not with debits but with credits and the reasons they are closing is that or the government is not paying them (for the ones that have contracts with the governments) or that the banks are cutting overnight they credit line and they cut the line not because the factories are insolvents but because the banks need to raise capital as overexposed with government bonds which more or less willingly are forced to subscribe otherwise the government would default. Either way the real problem is government debt. And if you are a small business with say300.000 euro of credit line they can take it out literally overnight even if you are solvent, and if you are a big government company with all political connections they continue to feed them.

However, the important thing is that Stipula is back and we can continue to enjoy their pens. I have a Da Vinci in olive wool and it is a gorgeous pen with a wonderful nib, only ting is that the sliding door is not sealing completely and so it has the typical problem of these pens that it is a hard starter if unused for 24 hours.

I manage a small privat company in Italy since more than 30 years, and I do not agree with your description of the italian economy and bank system. I deal every day with the bank system, and I do not find the situation as yoi say.

The reality I live is very much different from that one of your description.

Good news: Stipula is alive.

Last summer it was bought by a Florentine company (Antiche Fabbriche Firenze) that kept Stipula's management, workers and equipment, to continue making pens as before.

However, it seems the new company still has to learn how to organize and coordinate... :)

They forgot to renew the domain name...

Susanna
----------
Giardino Italiano, il meglio del Made in Italy - www.giardino.it - www.pens.it

My Facebook page
My Blog: blog.giardino.it

Dear all,

thank you for your feedback. I am happy that Stipula is alive ... !!!

... and I hope that they will soon have a website.

logo.gif

Ah, that explains why my emails didn't arrive. I will see if I can contact Stipula directly the upcoming week.

I know they were working on several new models, plus a bunch of other stuff. I'll post an update when I know more.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Thanks. I'm still in the market for a piston filled Etruria with 18 kt nib, shamefully I still don't have a stipula's offspring!

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

the websites are again online :)

Best regards

Michael

logo.gif