New Pens On Asapens

Scribblesoften

Guys today I received my Frosted(aka Galactic). The pen is GORGEOUS. I chose JOWO FF fine nib. Oh My God!!! The pen is a masterpiece.

Loved it.

Hope to see a review soon.

:-)

I put my savings to test

Lamy & Pilot FPs the Best

No more I even think of the rest

(Preference Fine and Extra Fine Nibs)

Pen is meant for writing - not for looking :-)

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• a_m

• Scribblesoften

• mrmohitmishra

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My summary review:-
Received this pen day before yesterday in a pack which contained Genius, Pilot 78G and Officer. Gorgeous pen. Extremely attractive. Large size but poetic proportions. Comfortable. Acryllic has its own feel. Since a jumbo pen, it is a fit for people with large hands. Friction fit Jowo fine nib. Smooth with a little drag. My experience suggests that drag will go in a few days. No skipping. Smooth and wet line. The most beautiful pen manufactured so far by ASA.
Here are some pics.

post-110601-0-85917900-1421510804.jpeg

post-110601-0-20751400-1421510852_thumb.jpg

post-110601-0-51619800-1421510877_thumb.jpg

Looks more interesting than plain demonstrators.

I put my savings to test

I have this creeping suspicion that he is making the best of a situation with those Gama demonstrators that turned cloudy when used for a while... I posted about mine a while back, and the cloudiness was caused by lathe marks on the acrylic material on the inside of the cap and barrel. Ingenious, making a feature of a troublesome aspect of polishing hard-to-reach places on the pen.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I have this creeping suspicion that he is making the best of a situation with those Gama demonstrators that turned cloudy when used for a while... I posted about mine a while back, and the cloudiness was caused by lathe marks on the acrylic material on the inside of the cap and barrel. Ingenious, making a feature of a troublesome aspect of polishing hard-to-reach places on the pen.

I am not yet convinced if the ink would wash out giving a clear barrel. Its not clear if the brushing effect is on outside or inside or both.

I put my savings to test

I have yet to finish my ink. As soon as that happens I will inform on this post whether the barrel appears clear or not.

The origin of this pen lies in a customised pen I ordered. After revolution with Jowo fine nib, I wanted some pen with Jowo M. I liked Gama demonstrators so I suggested it. Mr. Subramanium was,however,of the view that triple filler mechanism would not aesthetically look good.

We ultimately decided on making the barrel translucent.

But I cancelled the order after reading your post. :)

Mr. Subramaniam, went ahead with the idea but made an eyedropper instead.

That is how the pen came into being. :)

The origin of this pen lies in a customised pen I ordered. After revolution with Jowo fine nib, I wanted some pen with Jowo M. I liked Gama demonstrators so I suggested it. Mr. Subramanium was,however,of the view that triple filler mechanism would not aesthetically look good.

We ultimately decided on making the barrel translucent.

But I cancelled the order after reading your post. :)

Mr. Subramaniam, went ahead with the idea but made an eyedropper instead.

That is how the pen came into being. :)

I remember you had written it somewhere. I was therefore wondering how come it transformed from triple filler to ED.

I put my savings to test

Interesting genesis of a pen! Now I am starting to feel maybe I should try one... will think about it some more.

You people are such incorrigible enablers!

BTW my Gama Jumbo eyes clear at the moment because of mr. Subramaniam's trick with silicone grease: he suggested I apply a very thin coat of it inside the barrel and cap. The coating is so light I do not even feel it on my fingers when handling the cap, but it makes a world of visual difference, and allows me to enjoy my pen.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Something interesting that is not widely discussed, is that the Pilot steel nibs from the MR/78G type pens fit in the Oliver Tulip. You can have a nice piston filler with an excellent nib for a reasonable price with a Tulip and a 78G.

Honestly, I must be going wrong somewhere because I can't for the life of me get this to work, which is annoying because I adore the little Tulips and have managed to get various other nibs to fit without a problem.

It's also depressing that every time a new Gama pen shows up in this thread, I get all excited, rush off to look, and come away saddened. They're all so BIG! The last "normal" size pen seems to have been the Airborne, which I liked very much. I suppose it's saving me money, but oddly that's not as comforting as it ought to be.

Cheers, Al

Honestly, I must be going wrong somewhere because I can't for the life of me get this to work, which is annoying because I adore the little Tulips and have managed to get various other nibs to fit without a problem.

It's also depressing that every time a new Gama pen shows up in this thread, I get all excited, rush off to look, and come away saddened. They're all so BIG! The last "normal" size pen seems to have been the Airborne, which I liked very much. I suppose it's saving me money, but oddly that's not as comforting as it ought to be.

Cheers, Al

Tulip with 78G nib

16131717967_67a2648793_z.jpg

Tulip with 78G nib

As to "normal" size pen, you can get ASA Genius

16260500191_9efd54593c_z.jpg

Genius compared to 78G capped

15639895294_c6358b0b67_z.jpg

Genius compared to 78G - uncapped

I put my savings to test

BTW my Gama Jumbo eyes clear at the moment because of mr. Subramaniam's trick with silicone grease: he suggested I apply a very thin coat of it inside the barrel and cap. The coating is so light I do not even feel it on my fingers when handling the cap, but it makes a world of visual difference, and allows me to enjoy my pen.

Wow!!!

Thats an Idea.

Congrats

I remember you had written it somewhere. I was therefore wondering how come it transformed from triple filler to ED.

:) :) :)

Yup. But you know what sir. I am loving this pen. However, I would also like to have a triple filler.

Tulip with 78G nib

16131717967_67a2648793_z.jpg

Tulip with 78G nib

As to "normal" size pen, you can get ASA Genius

16260500191_9efd54593c_z.jpg

Genius compared to 78G capped

15639895294_c6358b0b67_z.jpg

Genius compared to 78G - uncapped

Genius was definitely made for a Genius like you :) :) :thumbup: ...Please share a review.

:) :) :)

Yup. But you know what sir. I am loving this pen. However, I would also like to have a triple filler.

I would understand, if you are loving this as ED, you wont like it as c/c under any circumstance. You may however to be more on the conservative side for ED safety get the threaded Jowo - which definitely has a better flood control.

:)

I put my savings to test