#31 Ray Cornett

Ray Cornett

Snorkel Freak

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:24

I avoid fingerprints on mine by placing them down for shooting while holding them with the cloth I just polished them with. But sometimes you just have to use Photoshop.

To write or not to write. There is no question. Write!

#32 KBeezie

KBeezie

Gerbil Charmer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:26

I avoid fingerprints on mine by placing them down for shooting while holding them with the cloth I just polished them with. But sometimes you just have to use Photoshop.

I avoid fingerprints with a passion, they're a pain in the butt even with photoshop. Dust on the other hand isn't so bad. But yea wipe it down pretty good, and set it down within the cloth. Sometimes it leaves dust behind, but oils and fingerprints are worse to deal with. 

#33 tomgartin

tomgartin

I'm not the big Lebowski.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:26

Nice! Thanks for letting us in on your secrets.

To everyone else, sorry for hijacking the thread--I just had to ask  :blush:

- - -

#34 KBeezie

KBeezie

Gerbil Charmer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:29

Nice! Thanks for letting us in on your secrets.

To everyone else, sorry for hijacking the thread--I just had to ask  :blush:

:P Not much of a secret, just typical stuff you learn as a professional photographer (And the stuff like PS, polarizers, etc, is pretty commonplace in product photography). Also I could tell you how to do it, but actually being able to replicate it could yeild vastly different results. 

Plus my Exif are intact on all those images, should be able to open them up in Photoshop or an EXIF viewer and see my shutter, ISO, aperture, metering, etc settings. (which most of the time under the strobes is 1/200th @ f/8, with the front strobe typically being 1/4th power, and rear strobe when I use it as 1/8th). 

In a pinch you can just dumb it down with a light tent (typically 35-50 dollars, good for people who are camera illiterate for just all around flat lighting, but I like *some* shadows). 

By the way having a TRUE lifesize macro lens helps (40 year old Manual-Focus Tamron SP 90mm f/2.8 1:1 Lifesize Macro, Adaptall mount, adapted to my Olympus E-P3 via a Adaptall-to-Micro4/3 adapter). 

snorkel.jpg

1.jpg

Edited by KBeezie, 12 April 2014 - 04:32.