2968 Renew Point Nib: Yay!

hardyoyo

I blundered into a 2968 nib at an auction a week ago, popped it into a junker gray J with a mismatched black cap, and, darn if this isn't my favorite pen. :wub: I've been on a kick to find a usable bold nib for a while, and was making do with a Knox bold... but this 2968 does it right. Inked it up with Noodler's Lexington Gray, to match the pen body (and because it has lovely shading).

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hardyoyo

• OcalaFlGuy

• pajaro

• lahlahlaw

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can do. The black cap looks really sharp with the gray body, gonna start a new trend, it will. I don't even mind that the jewell is missing a chunk. You just can't beat a beater pen with a dynamite nib.

Can do. The black cap looks really sharp with the gray body, gonna start a new trend, it will. I don't even mind that the jewell is missing a chunk. You just can't beat a beater pen with a dynamite nib.

I love my beater pens, I even have a trans. J that I JB welded into a blow filler, too much fun...

@arts_nibs

I also want to see this black and grey hybrid, it sounds beautiful. And I like my 2968 as well, great nib.

"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

Here's the pen with the mismatched black cap:

post-40827-0-82182200-1397138080.jpg

Here's the top view of the 2968 nib:

post-40827-0-89233600-1397138095.jpg

And here's the side view of the 2968 nib:

post-40827-0-38732400-1397138101.jpg

Your pen reminds me of a Pelikan. Pelikan puts black caps on striped bodies. Your pen looks sort of like that, with pleasantly striking effect.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Looks pretty nice to me and it sure writes nice.

Well done on the pics. You angled it all so that none of your noted defects are clear.

I see a promising future for you in taking pen Ebay pics. :P

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Oh, sure, who wants to see a picture of a chipped jewell anyway. :) This pen isn't for sale. I did pick up a few more Esties (a red J and a red SJ) at this auction, though, as well as a Pelikan 120 in its own box, and they *will* be up for sale, probably this weekend, if I get the time. I have tried this trick once before, on a little green SJ, it came out pretty cute with a black cap, like a tiny Pelikan. Black parts pens FTW!

Those are very nice pics. Maybe I should outsource my picture taking to you.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Aw, shucks. The big secret is natural light. Either direct sun or cloudy day, it doesn't matter, just use natural light. And a macro setting on your camera.