Photo

Inky Thought Of The Day - (Inky T O D) - What Is A Serious Pen?

inky tod

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 ethernautrix

ethernautrix

Be the Pen Posse you want to see in the world.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,568 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 00:22

I recently challenged myself to carry only one pen - and I managed to get it down to two: two Daily Carries, both Nakayas, a kuro tamenuri Long Piccolo and a matte black Piccolo (and I can't believe that the unpolished shu is uninked! It feels weird!). 

I'm mainly using the Long Piccolo (clipless), and I think it qualifies as a serious pen. Even a Serious pen.

But I don't think anyone notices my pen(s) or attributes any degree of serious I might exude to my pen. Admittedly, I seldom find myself in situations these days when I have to project Serious. If I do, though, I will probably have the Long Piccolo in hand.

I ink; therefore, I am
Fleekair <--French accent.

#32 Lou Erickson

Lou Erickson

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:15

Dunno, I was at the bank yesterday, and used a "51" to sign a check, and it did get noticed, and quite impressed the banker.  Sometimes, people do notice.

-- 

Lou Erickson - Handwritten Blog Posts

#33 Newjelan

Newjelan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:52

When I'm in a meeting with "blue suits" (ie, bank execs) I usually take my MB Starwalker in Cool Blue. It has the MB logo - they seem to like logos - it is professional but not masculine. It sends a message of "I'm a professional like you, but I'm not one of you".

When I'm meeting with execs from NFP's and community organisations I typically take one of my Platinum #3776 pens. The colour depends on who the group is - black for the conservative ones and any other colour for the rest.

With local government organisations, I find a Lamy Safari in any colour has sufficient gravitas as I've found that many senior staff seem to use them too.

#34 Newjelan

Newjelan

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:02

Amber you really need a Geha 725, in semi-flex F...which it mostly is....1000% more classy than that MB.

Truly, IMO one of the top five pens ever made.

Nice pen!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inky tod