Dearest Friends and Visitors of the Fountain Pen Network,
We have started implementing the changes we promised here: Upcoming Changes To FPN
Please do read the linked message above.

Photo

Where Can I Buy Generic, Promotional, Or Advetisment Ballpoint Pen Refills?

generic promotional advertisment ballpoint refill

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ahmadaamer6

ahmadaamer6

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 April 2014 - 22:13

I have a cheap advertisment pen that I got from my tax guy. I love it becuase it has a great triangular grip that helps reduce pain when writing. Can anyone post a link to a reliable website to where I can buy more refills? I will post a picture of the pen and the refill. Thank you!

Optimized-IMG_0387.JPG

Optimized-IMG_0391.JPG

#2 Sasha Royale

Sasha Royale

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,832 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2014 - 00:24

Is there still a National Pen Co. ?  It made such advertising pens.  I would take the refill into Staple's or 

Office Depot and match it to one on the shelf.  The important length match is from "ears" to the point. 

Any excess "shaft" can be trimmed. 

Good hunting.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn. 
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen: 
Verweile doch, du bist so schön ! 

#3 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,079 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2014 - 04:18

+1 on Sasha's recommendation.  With this caveat:

I tried going that route with a click BP that had my friend's business information on it -- it was a freebie when I bought some stuff from her, most notably a set of cotton cards (for processing cotton fiber, prior to spinning -- they have finer and more teeth than standard wool cards).  I liked it because the barrel on the pen was purple, and because I like supporting my friends' businesses when possible.

The package of refills I got from Staples was blue ink (the original filler was black, but I tend to dislike black ink, and switching over to FPs hasn't really changed that).  Staples used to carry ones that were pretty good, but the last time they had gone over to ones that were under their own name and those refills were AWFUL -- they leaked before I got the blister pack open!  Needless to say, they went right back to Staples for a refund....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#4 DaveBj

DaveBj

Viking Pen Wielder

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2014 - 13:21

You might find that Papermate refills will fit that pen.  I have a promo pen that I put a Pm Lubriglide refill into, and it writes fantastic (for a ballpoint).

Until you ink a pen, it is merely a pretty stick.  --UK Mike

My arsenal, in order of acquisition: Sailor 21 Pocket Pen M, Cross ?Townsend? M, Online Calligraphy, Monteverde Invincia F, Hero 359 M, Jinhao X450 M, Levenger True Writer M, Jinhao 159 , Platinum Balance F, TWSBI Classic 1.1 stub, Platinum Preppy 0.3 F, 7 Pilot Varsity M disposables, Speedball penholder, TWSBI 580 USA EF, Cross Aventura

DaveBj

#5 ahmadaamer6

ahmadaamer6

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:37

Thanks for all the help! I have since stopped using this ballpoint and used other ballpoints and Fountain Pens. The Dr. Grip is a Ballpoint Pen that has same level of comfort as the cheap throw away. It has refills I can find easily. Thanks again. By

#6 WilsonCQB1911

WilsonCQB1911

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 June 2014 - 18:11

My wife has a similar pen that she loves and I needed to find refills for it. The Skilcraft US Government refills fit perfectly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: generic, promotional, advertisment, ballpoint, refill