Review Blue Laurel

arran

Hi all

I bought for my wife's birthdag a nice en splendid looking CS blue laurel

with bitone M nib.

After 4 weeks in use , the pen seemed to be a bad starter , but once writng , a very soft writer as well.The bad starting remained an issue and the nib was replaced by CS as service!

A first filling with Montblanc midnight blue (new version) reveiled bad starting issues , especially after a few seconds non writing.

Now refilled with Diamine billberry , and a much wetter flow is seen.

The hesitating starting issues remain however.

What to do now ?

Return again to CS , or just write the nib in for 4 weeks and more?

Does CS has good relation with a local Nibmeister

Thanks for advice

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• arran

• RMN

• Mary Burke

• warblerick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Arran

Can you post a picture of your pen? I don't think I know the Blue Laurel...

Are you using cartridges or a converter?

If converter: please try your pen with a normal standard international cartridge and see if you have problems then.

Point is, that the converters sometimes have problems with trapped airbubbles. This may be caused by static loading of the plastic of the converter so the airbubbles cling to the wall, and inkflow is hampered.

If your pen works fine with a cartridge: then the converter is the problem. If the problem also arises with the cartridge the pen/feed is the problem.

Good luck

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Hello Dick

Thanks for quick reaction.

We only use converters.

In the end , the pen should work with it.

After filling with Diamine bilberry , the pen suddenly stops writing.and even no start up

Help!

Hello Dick

Thanks for quick reaction.

We only use converters.

In the end , the pen should work with it.

After filling with Diamine bilberry , the pen suddenly stops writing.and even no start up

Help!

As said TRY a cartridge, just to check if the converter is the problem.

And do give the pen a good flush, with a soapy solution.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

As D.ick says, you should try a cartridge first, or, better still, try a different converter if you have one. I've had several CS pens that use converters, and for whatever reason, all have had hard starting issues and/or skipping problems, until I switched converters. I bought new Faber-Castell converters which use a different type of plastic, and they cured my problems completely (though they are push-in styles rather than screw-in). After several rounds of ink using the different converters, I switched back to the Conway Stewart converters, and the problems have disappeared. I cannot explain it, but it has worked for me.

I really don't think it sounds like a nib or feed problem, but more likely a converter problem. I really hope you get this worked out. The Blue Laurel is a spectacular looking pen and shouldn't have any such problems, but hopefully it is an easy fix.

Dick and warblerick

Thanks for prompt reaction

I made a soapy flush with the Cs cc and no result

I put a graf CC in it with asa blue and pen seems to write much better.perhaps due to the ink?

It remains a troublesome starter however , at downstrokes , sometimes 1 out of 10 makes no stroke at all

I am sorry that you are experiencing issues with your nib on your Blue Laurel pen. May I ask if you have tried to clean your nib? Sometimes there maybe residue within the filling mechanism and if this is the case, I would like to suggest the following:

1. Flush the fountain pen with cold water and expel all ink remaining in the converter.
2. Fill a cup of cold water and add one teaspoon of ammonia or liquid detergent, stir so that the contents are mixed thoroughly.
3. Immerse the nib and feeder below the water line for about 15 seconds and then proceed to fill and expel the fountain pen with water and detergent solution, still keeping the nib and feed fully immersed below
the water‹ just like you would normally fill the pen with ink.
4. Repeat the above three to four times and finally expel the liquid out of the pen before filling your pens with ink.
The above should help to remove any clogs and to degrease the internal mechanism of your fountain pen.
Please let me know if this solution works for you and I look forward to your feedback.
http://mvburke.com/images/limitededitionsfldr/bluelaurel/leader.jpg
Regards,
Mary Burke
Conway Stewart

Received new nibs from CS through La Couronne.

We tried the original screw in converter and used diamine asa blue

No start up issues anymore.good ink flow

Other inks will be used as well to follow up

The new nibs are just wonderfull and very elegant

I cleaned the nib very thoroughly before use

Thanks for great service and friendly people .also thanks Dennis from La Couronne

New nibs from CS!!

Compared to the actual used ones : same flex feeling

More elegant impression

Well done!!

post-86883-0-31790000-1397582038_thumb.jpg