Looking For A Source For Esterbrook Sections

hardyoyo

So, it's been a while since I've had pens to repair, but I happen to find myself in possession of a few Esterbrook J's, and one of them needs a new section. I'm wondering if anyone might know where I might find a source for spare Esterbrook sections these days? The last place I bought them from doesn't appear to carry them any more.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hardyoyo

• OcalaFlGuy

• Brian Anderson

• chad.trent

Anderson pens or FPNer Farmboy. If you aren't in a hurry I'd send them your barrel so they can select a best fitting one for you.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Hmm... Anderson was my previous supplier, I'll try a PM to Farmboy. Thanks, Bruce!

If you need it quickly ask Richard Binder.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Yeah sorry, I haven't sold any parts in several years. I literally have multiple inquiries every week for sections and caps. If I supplied those all I wouldn't have any parts left over for myself. :(

www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.

yoyo, Message Sandy101rock on Fleabay and ask them.

They have 17 metric butt loads of Esties, I can't imagine them not letting go of a couple sections.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

yoyo, Message Sandy101rock on Fleabay and ask them.

They have 17 metric butt loads of Esties, I can't imagine them not letting go of a couple sections.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Hey. This is America. We only deal with butt loads measured in Imperial measurements...

message sent to sandy101rock, if they post a buy it now I'll post a link to the market watch forum (if that still exists).... gosh, I wander off from a hobby for a few months and everything changes... :)

Sandy101rock says no. Weird, I may have to give up on these Esties. We live in a strange time.

I suspect he's in the same situation I'm in, a lot of pens, so few sections, remove a section, effectively lose the ability to sell that pen. I suppose if we all start charging $50 for a section, that would take care of the problem. :/

www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.

My math works out the same, from another angle: buy more broken Esties, so I can repair broken Esties, either way we drive up the market price for repaired Esties. For now, I'll just put this rootbeer J in the project box.

I've actually been buying some pens recently just for the nibs/sections.

and J-bars.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Quick update, Richard Binder will sell you one of his spare sections. So, there's still an option. Chad.trent, I think your way clearly the way to go: look out parts pen auctions, here I come. :)

Buyers, be on the lookout for "compatible" sections being pressed into service on Esterbrooks. The Osmiroid 65 will serve that purpose well. Sellers, if you're using original parts, it might do to point that out.

OK, I just eyeballed an Osmiroid 65, and while it will take a renew point nib, the section is totally not appropriate for an esterbrook repair. Entirely too long, don't even think about trying. Through this posting, I *did* find a supplier of spare sections (thank you!) so I'm set for a while. This is a great community!

I am really happy to see Richard sell some of his parts to individuals. I asked him that very question within 24 hrs of him announcing he would no longer be doing repairs.

While he wouldn't maybe make as much as selling them one by one, it would be much easier for him to just unload lots of his unneeded parts to other repairpersons.

I'm very glad to see he hasn't done that.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I obtained a couple of spare sections that I now use to knock out nibs and feeds from collars. The sections became spare when I toasted a couple of pens with the heat gun.

After you strip off all the decent parts you can stick a ladyfinger in the barrel and have a blast on the Fourth.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it possible to use the sections found in the Esterbrook desk pens in J series pens? Looks like they both use the same nibs

Thanks

Michael Little

Phoenix, Arizona

halfhyde, I don't know the answer to your question, but this thread is kind of old, you might try asking you question in a new thread, it might get more attention.

Is it possible to use the sections found in the Esterbrook desk pens in J series pens? Looks like they both use the same nibs

Thanks

Michael Little

Phoenix, Arizona

I think you have answered your own question. It ought to work.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.