Dearest Friends and Visitors of the Fountain Pen Network,
We have started implementing the changes we promised here: Upcoming Changes To FPN
Please do read the linked message above.

Photo

Santa Trading Japan (Gbi) On Amazon.com

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 cpmcnamara

cpmcnamara

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:55

Fyi, I ordered a blue prera fine nib from these guys a few weeks ago. I received my...orange prera caligraphy nib this Monday. These guys arent good at resolving issues. I emailed them about this, they asked for pics, I sent them...they still haven't gotten back. Given the shipping time I think I'm just going to use the pen (I'm kind of curious about this nib anyways). However, you're definitely taking a gamble if you go to these guys for a discount

#32 Dubois

Dubois

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:58

Santa Trading Japan appears to be withdrawing from Amazon. I just looked at their storefront and there are less than 300 items, mostly candy, being offered. Ahhh!!

They are now back - on amazon.co.uk at least - with their full line of stock, some 13,000 items. Some good prices, although the Iroshizuku ink seems to be a little more expensive than I remember.

Between my finger and my thumb

The squat pen rests.

I'll dig with it.

#33 pseudo88

pseudo88

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 18:38

My Platinum Cool was bought from Santa Trading through Amazon on 21 july and arrived in LA on 8 August - no info in the meantime but pretty good! Just to give others an idea of shipping times.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

#34 NCGibbon

NCGibbon

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2014 - 15:29

My Platinum Cool was bought from Santa Trading through Amazon on 21 july and arrived in LA on 8 August - no info in the meantime but pretty good! Just to give others an idea of shipping times.

Really appreciate this information.  I ordered my Prera on July 27 so I would expect my pen to arrive this week then. 

Thanks for the info.

#35 cpmcnamara

cpmcnamara

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:50

Update: since they sent me the wrong pen, dealing with Santa trading has been a pain. They actually suggested that I purchase a new pen at full price as a resolution. I think I'm going to file an amazon complaint and just live with the wrong order. I will definitely pay a few bucks more to go to one of the other sellers in the future though.

#36 hank scorpio

hank scorpio

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:03

I've successfully ordered a few things from them and would echo the "great prices","really long wait" sentiments.  

#37 columela

columela

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2014 - 18:57

I just got a Pilot 74 F and a red capless Pilot . It has taken 4 weeks to get here from Japan, without any custom charges. I am very happy with them, so it was a very good deal

#38 NCGibbon

NCGibbon

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2014 - 20:00

My need for instant gratification has left me bummed about buying from them.  I should have just paid the $7 difference and bought more local. 

#39 pdc13

pdc13

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 August 2014 - 22:16

They are now back - on amazon.co.uk at least - with their full line of stock, some 13,000 items. Some good prices, although the Iroshizuku ink seems to be a little more expensive than I remember.

Yes, they are back now. I noticed that they've rebuilt their listings in the past couple of weeks, but seem to have removed many of the duplicate listings and they may have winnowed some items away from their catalogue. Also, probably in response to some of the out-of-stock issues some people here have experienced, they've also added an item's stock count for their lower volume items, or maybe just for fountain pens.

#40 Bill P

Bill P

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 August 2014 - 14:15

I would be a little skeptical regarding ordering from Santa Trading.  My experience: I ordered a bottle of iroshizuku asa-gao thru Amazon from DSanta Fe on 7/2..Amazon site said in stock...it was a good price around $21.00 total...very appealing.

Well, I order quite a bit of writing instrument stuff from Japan and China, and even in a worse case it might take 30 days..

So after 30 days I write an email to Santa Trading..tracking #?  date shipped?..response - be patient

After 6 weeks I wrote again...same response - be patient

After 8 weeks I write one last time - same response - be patient..

Email amazon and the order is cancelled with a full credit.

Really really disappointing...thought I was saving a few $$, and ended up just wasting time.

So, best of luck to those of you who choose to order from Santa Trading..to me looks like hit or miss..

#41 trulylefty

trulylefty

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 04:03

I'm still in the middle of dealing with them. I also received the wrong color Prera. However, immediately after receiving the pen back from me, they credited me the return shipping. I haven't received the correct pen yet, but if I do, it will have been a very easy and satisfactory process (if a bit long).