Killer Deal For Pilot Vanishing Point

Brian C

Based on this thread, I attempted to order a Pilot Custom Maple for $44, and had my order cancelled this morning.

Sorry to hear that. :( I couldn't even find a listing for that pen when I checked on Amazon/. Did they give you any reason for cancelling your order?

Holly

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MrChar

• Brian C

• rafapa

• erpe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry to hear that. :( I couldn't even find a listing for that pen when I checked on Amazon/. Did they give you any reason for cancelling your order?

Holly

Search for Pilot Custom Kaede. There are quite a few others but they are all $160 and above.

Also, someone who ordered a Kaede on the 19th just got shipping information today (as stated in the review thread I linked earlier), so it looks like those are going through, as well. opus7600 might have ordered before stock updated or around the same time as several other people.

Edited by MrChar

This seller is terrible. He/she had a big discount on some of the vanishing point pens on March.

Many of my friends, including me, placed an order.

After 2 weeks, suddenly this seller cancelled almost every order we placed, saying 'out of stock'.

No answer to the email.

I received a Pilot Custom 74 yesterday from Santa Trading, ordered 8th March. They sent it the day after I ordered it, so I'm impressed with their service. As soon as I received it I ordered a Prera demonstrator from them too (via Amazon, again, at a very good price). I got the shipped email this morning. I'm very happy with them.

Between my finger and my thumb

The squat pen rests.

I'll dig with it.

Ordered one Pilot Custom Heritage 92 Broad Blue on March 13th. Cancelled yesterday after asking the reason for the delay in shipping. I have sent two or three messages without answer. I see the same item offered as in stock at amazon.co.uk (albeit at a higher price). I will open a claim with amazon.com customer support.

Regards,

Rafael

Interesting how the experiences differ. I ordered a Pilot Lucina yesterday afternoon and this morning I already received shipping confirmation. Now wait how long the mailmen will take to get it here.

Orders of more than 18 people in my pen club here in South Korea have been cancelled by this seller.

This seller says 'out of stock' after 2 weeks, but was still selling the same pen on Amazon.

Furthermore, my friend who ordered AFTER me received the pen. Only difference? She chose the express mail service.

This seller is dishonest, I must say.

Maybe he/she thought the discount was too much, but didn't want to say so.

Edited by clear1

Interesting how the experiences differ. I ordered a Pilot Lucina yesterday afternoon and this morning I already received shipping confirmation. Now wait how long the mailmen will take to get it here.

I have ordered several Prera at "normal" prices without problems. The problem arise when I order something at a really discounted price.

Kaede order was canceled by them as soon as I emailed to ask if they were ever going to ship.

Please, contact amazon customer support and inform them about your problem. I did and they recomended to open a case for breaking the rules. They were going to open an investigation.

Best regards,

Rafael

Edited by rafapa

I'm disheartened to see all of the negative experiences that people have went through with this seller. I guess I might just try for the Kaede and abandon them after (that deal was just so good that I can't resist looking).

My thanks (and condolences) to everyone for sharing your experiences with the rest of us.

I have ordered several Prera at "normal" prices without problems. The problem arise when I order something at a really discounted price.

Hm, I paid € 27 for the Prera, instead of the ( In the Netherlands) regular € 89 to € 99, the Lucina is quite difficult to get here and if, at around € 90, paid € 36 now. I will wait what happens. My experience is about two weeks from Japan, also from other traders. I will update as soon as it is here.

Edited by erpe

I actually received the Pilot Custom Maple I ordered from Santa Trading Japan today.

post-109210-0-53955700-1396316505_thumb.jpg

Excuse the mediocre photo but they say if there aren't pictures it didn't happen.

post-109210-0-95115700-1396317080_thumb.jpg

Here's might first trial of writing with the Custom Maple. I thought Noodler's Apache Sunset would be fitting but looking at the sample it comes across kind of washed out

I've made 2 other orders from Santa Trading Japan. One order was for a Pilot Custom Heritage 912 sm nib, Pilot Custom Heritage 92 clear with a medium nib and a bottle of Kon-Peki in. That order has been reportedly shipped with an expected arrival sometime in April. My other order was for a Pilot Custom Heritage 912 with an Su nib. I received notice from Amazon that that order was canceled because the item was no longer available.

I don't suspect there is anything nefarious going on with Santa Trading Japan. Rather, I think there are some errors with translation and currency conversions. It makes for an adventurous shopping experience anticipating a possible great deal.

I've made 2 other orders from Santa Trading Japan. One order was for a Pilot Custom Heritage 912 sm nib, Pilot Custom Heritage 92 clear with a medium nib and a bottle of Kon-Peki in. That order has been reportedly shipped with an expected arrival sometime in April. My other order was for a Pilot Custom Heritage 912 with an Su nib. I received notice from Amazon that that order was canceled because the item was no longer available.

I don't suspect there is anything nefarious going on with Santa Trading Japan. Rather, I think there are some errors with translation and currency conversions. It makes for an adventurous shopping experience anticipating a possible great deal.

I'd tend to agree. There must be quite a few people ordering considering how great the deals are. That said, the large delay in notification is still unacceptable. Unacceptable, but probably not nefarious.

Congrats Azrunner! that maple was the deal of the decade. :)

No kidding!