• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MrChar

• Brian C

• rafapa

• erpe

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can you tell if the nib is included? It certainly does not look as if the converter is.

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

Just fyi, that will be for the "special alloy nib" that is included with the pen in the Japanese market -- not a gold nib, if that matters to you.

Thanks, BrianC! Just ordered mine.

Mine comes with a fine nib, in alloy I think.

Does not seem to come with a converter. Only bought it for the nose, so it's even better for me.

Last time I checked, Engekai offered these at ca 83, plus shipping.

Edited by willard

That is a great deal; the alloy nib can be replaced with the gold nib if preferred, and in the meantime you have a working VP pen for the same price or slightly less as most places charge for the replacement nib alone.

But, translation please; what is a "special pen (knock type)" and:

Fountain pen "cap-less" only, is Fine Nib type in the world. . Order to be able to insert or remove a ballpoint pen as just knock, you will be able to use a fountain pen in the scene like never thought until now. It is also unique design that comes out from the side of the pen tip pen clip. .

(No offense meant, I certainly can't read, write or speak Japanese, let alone translate it into English, just found the wording amusing.)

Holly

Edited by OakIris

Just fyi, that will be for the "special alloy nib" that is included with the pen in the Japanese market -- not a gold nib, if that matters to you.

I've heard this several places, but what determines it? I've seen pens that are sold in the West as "Capless" models but that still come with gold nibs. Is there a way for me to be sure, especially when there is almost no description like on the ones offered by this seller? The only tell could be that many of the more expensive ones mention a gold nib in the description while the cheaper ones say nothing (and have a shorter description, overall), but that isn't a "100%" kind of thing.

Normally I would doubt it's gold right off the bat, but this particular seller is selling the Custom Kaede (Maple) for $45, and it has a gold nib (and that is confirmed by the seller's description). I've actually been looking into this seller specifically because of the Custom Kaede and was tipped off last night in this review thread. I'm almost certain that I'm going to at least buy the Custom Kaede, but the other deals caught my eye so I'm very interested in the nib composition.

Does anyone have any experience with this seller? They seem to have great reviews but I would appreciate hearing some FPN feedback before placing any order, if possible.

All of the really good deals appear to be gone now. There aren't even listings for them from that seller any more. Interested in knowing if it was really just a small supply that got quickly scooped up or if they were mistakes (I would feel better about not jumping on it if it's the latter, haha).

I doubt if it was a mistake. I purchased one this morning. I've purchased Pilot Iroshizuku ink from them in the past. I'm betting it's just a small stock that got sold...hopefully to FPNers.

That would make sense. I'll have to keep my eye out to see if it all gets restocked at the same price, then! Let us know how the pen turns out! Really interested in seeing if it really is the "special alloy" and how good that is. If anyone knows of a review that goes in-depth about the difference, I would really appreciate you linking it to me.

I was looking for "special alloy" reviews as well. Can't seem to find any anywhere.

I keep an eye on this trader. This week I received a Prera for just under 1/3 of the regular price (in the Netherlands), including shipping and customs.

I actually placed order for the Custom Kaede at the low price last Friday, it has not been shipped as of today (estimated shipping date by Amazon is 3/20 or 3/21). I'm thinking seller probably realized price mistake somewhere along the line and will be canceling it.

I too have ordered Iroshizuku ink from this seller before and had a good experience, but don't think I'll be getting the Kaede at the too good to be true price.

I've ordered low price Pilot pens from this trader before with no problems. Receipt isn't the speediest but that's OK given the savings made. Currently ordered a Custom 912 which I've had confirmed as shipped.

Verba volant, scripta manent

I've ordered low price Pilot pens from this trader before with no problems. Receipt isn't the speediest but that's OK given the savings made. Currently ordered a Custom 912 which I've had confirmed as shipped.

Wow, how long did it take them to mark it as shipped?

Wow, how long did it take them to mark it as shipped?

I think the latest order took 5 days from ordering to shipment.

Verba volant, scripta manent

I had a Prera I ordered in January that took about 3 -4 weeks.

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

Based on this thread, I attempted to order a Pilot Custom Maple for $44, and had my order cancelled this morning.