I'm Curious, How Many Of Us Have Kaigelu 316's?

richardandtracy

As said in the title, I'm curious, how many of us have K316's, and how many?

The reason I ask is that the K316 is not mentioned a great deal - possibly more often than any Chinese pen except the H616, but that's still not frequent - so I didn't think there were too many in the wild even in this FPN enclave of relatively adventurous people. Thinking this, I put an advert up for a few barrel finials I had made yesterday (13 to be precise), and managed to requests for them all within about 8 hours. I am very surprised as I had not realised there were so many around - in fact I didn't think there were likely to be enough owners to sell all the finials I had made. This set me thinking; How many of us here at FPN have them? I promise that I am NOT going to use this thread as a marketing tool to victimise owners, I am just very curious.

To answer my own question, I have two (charcoal & amber/grey), and would like to get another 4 in the long term (2 white with black stripe, one to be a user, and charcoal & amber/grey pens to keep pristine so I can gloat over my preciouses).

Regards,

Richard.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Flounder

• Contax1961

• dcwaites

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have an amber/grey 316. I've read some negative comments (coloring on two tone nib off center) in pen reviews but it is one of my favorite pens . The material and workmanship is excellent, the nib smooth, and it is a very nice looking pen. It is one of my heaviest pens.

I have an Amber and a White marbled. The white is in use everyday for my "breakfast notes", the amber is currently at rest but is in regular rotation. Just today I received a 356 as well and it seems it is just as nice.

I have 2 - an amber and a charcoal. I'm really starting to like Kaigelu as I recently purchased a few 356's and 382 to go along with my 322 and 335.

I also have two. A charcoal, and another charcoal! I think one thing that sets the H616 and K316 apart from most Chinese pens is the superior cap design. No crappy inner-cap-as-deforming-snap-cap here.

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

I'm the opposite, I have zero (for now). I wanted to buy a K316 until I read reviews about it being too heavy and poorly balanced, which kept me from pulling the trigger. When I saw richard selling his new finials though, it eliminated the only problem I had with it, so now I have both the finial and pen on order. :lol:

I have one, an Amber.

Having accidentally removed the black lacquer on the cap finial, the now brass finial matches the rest of the gilded furniture quite nicely.

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

Waiting for a couple just ordered, a Century Stars Brown Celluloid and a white one. Hope they are good as they look!

Jaime Castro

Hmm, seems there may be fewer of us than I had thought yesterday. What a shame, with it being such a great pen. My Charcoal is such a daily user that I've given up reporting it on the 'What Chinese Pen are you using' thread, I reckoned I must be getting tedious stating the same pen over & over again.

Richard.

Hmm, seems there may be fewer of us than I had thought yesterday. What a shame, with it being such a great pen. My Charcoal is such a daily user that I've given up reporting it on the 'What Chinese Pen are you using' thread, I reckoned I must be getting tedious stating the same pen over & over again.

Richard.

Well, there must be more, there's been more finial requests than replies to this thread! Maybe they're prospective owners like 5370H55V (of the Newport 5370H55Vs?).

Latest pen related post @ flounders-mindthots.blogspot.com : vintage Pilot Elite Pocket Pen review

I have one, and amber, that I got after reading, among other things, your review, and I liked it a lot even though it was heavy; I hardly ever post my pens, certainly not the big ones. But in the last six to eight months I have started a serious affair with Indian fountain pens, and the Chinese crowd is taking a back seat. But I expect that I will come back to them occasionally; I am not yet ready to move them out of my collection. And the K316 is a beautiful pen.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I've a 316 in amber, it's a regular for me, smooth nib (though it gets swapped about a bit) and a heavy, if not too chunky pen. I've got my eye on a white/black one on ebay currently, my other Kaigelu is a 368 that also works well, for me clearly one of the best Chinese brands.

I have two on the way, Amber and White. I have read wonderful reviews with the only complaint being a balance issue. I'd read of Richards finials curing that and have been debating on asking him to make some for me. Seeing his add made me jump up and order both pens and finials. Really looking forward to getting both. My wife's expression will be priceless when I tell her I "had" to order more pens. Don't ask how many I've bought in the last couple of months.

Paul

"Nothing is impossible, even the word says 'I'm Possible!'" Audrey Hepburn

I got the charcoal and the white one .. I use the charcoal one quite a bit with Lexington Gray but rarely use the white one

I have the Tiger Eye version on order after reading richardandtracy's review

I had a situation with this pen. Crown of the cup fall down when I put it on the shirt. I solve this by glueing.

I am enjoying using this pen.

The power of FPN. I will have a a 316 just in time to sign my income tax return on April 15! Add one more soon-to-be-owner to your list.