Lovely Liquids, "de Atramentis Jane Austen Green"

Morbus Curiositas

Lovely Liquids "De-Atramentis Jane Austen"

Dear FPN friends,

this is my first ink review so I believe it is not perfect by far... If you have any suggestions on improving my review skills I will be delighted

to hear so.

I have added a high res scan and I hope it is acurate and that the colours are as lovely as in my "live view"

The scan is my hand written review and I hope you can see the beaty of the ink in there, sorry for my handwriting it is still a bit "spastic fantastic" :) but I will work on that in the future.

Down here are some of the technical specs (as suggested by Ann Finley 2007)

points 1-5 1 = :wacko: 5= :D

Fountain Pens: Parker Premier medium nib: Lamy Joy 1,5 Italic

Paper: Leonardo Ringbuch,average quality school note book made in Austria

Drying time: Approx. 7-10 seconds with a medium or 1,5 italic nib points 3

Flow: Like a river during a monsoon points: 5

Lubrication: smooth in both pens points: 5

Bleeding: quite some on the average quality paper I used points: 3

Shading: some points: 3-4

Waterproof: Still very legible after several finger tips rubbed ont the written text of water points: 4

Package: Only in bottles,Wide opening for easy filling up points: 3-4 (bottle is quite nice but the not very special, although the label is beautiful)

Availabilty: In Europe Good, D-A webshop, Amazon, La Couronne Du Comte (NL), USA Brian Goulet but not all 255 inks :mellow: points: EU 4 USA???

Quality: Hand Made in Germany points: 5

I just love this ink. the colour is dark green which makes it suitable for daily work as long as the documents are not "too official" (I guess you use blue or black document ink in that case).

The colour is moss green. It has a lovely ancient touch to it, like in old 19th century of pre WWII letters. I always have one of my Fountain Pens filled with this lovely liquid (and I only have 7 Fountain Pens and since I have 10 inks I MUST really LOVE it :D)

Hope you enjoyed the review and that it was usuable for you.

Next review D-A Document Blue and Dark Blue... Amazing stuff Bullet and Bombproof!!!

Kindest Regards

Peter Vlutters

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morbus Curiositas

• migo984

• Chrissy

• P_Uni

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

post-105475-0-74008000-1394468211_thumb.jpgpost-105475-0-74008000-1394468211_thumb.jpgLovely Liquids "De-Atramentis Jane Austen"

Dear FPN friends,

this is my first ink review so I believe it is not perfect by far... If you have any suggestions on improving my review skills I will be delighted

to hear so.

I have added a high res scan and I hope it is acurate and that the colours are as lovely as in my "live view"

The scan is my hand written review and I hope you can see the beaty of the ink in there, sorry for my handwriting it is still a bit "spastic fantastic" :) but I will work on that in the future.

Down here are some of the technical specs (as suggested by Ann Finley 2007)

points 1-5 1 = :wacko: 5= :D

Fountain Pens: Parker Premier medium nib: Lamy Joy 1,5 Italic

Paper: Leonardo Ringbuch,average quality school note book made in Austria

Drying time: Approx. 7-10 seconds with a medium or 1,5 italic nib points 3

Flow: Like a river during a monsoon points: 5

Lubrication: smooth in both pens points: 5

Bleeding: quite some on the average quality paper I used points: 3

Shading: some points: 3-4

Waterproof: Still very legible after several finger tips rubbed ont the written text of water points: 4

Package: Only in bottles,Wide opening for easy filling up points: 3-4 (bottle is quite nice but the not very special, although the label is beautiful)

Availabilty: In Europe Good, D-A webshop, Amazon, La Couronne Du Comte (NL), USA Brian Goulet but not all 255 inks :mellow: points: EU 4 USA???

Quality: Hand Made in Germany points: 5

I just love this ink. the colour is dark green which makes it suitable for daily work as long as the documents are not "too official" (I guess you use blue or black document ink in that case).

The colour is moss green. It has a lovely ancient touch to it, like in old 19th century of pre WWII letters. I always have one of my Fountain Pens filled with this lovely liquid (and I only have 7 Fountain Pens and since I have 10 inks I MUST really LOVE it :D)

Hope you enjoyed the review and that it was usuable for you.

Next review D-A Document Blue and Dark Blue... Amazing stuff Bullet and Bombproof!!!

Kindest Regards

Peter Vlutters

post-105475-0-83219800-1394468150_thumb.jpg

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Sorry for the double review... Something went wrong with the phot's in the first review

Kndest regards Peter

Peter

Where's your high res scan? I'm dying to see this ink :)

I have made a second topic with the same text and name but this tome with scan and picture... Something went wrong the first time.

I promise to send you an new scan too because I am not very satisfied with the tone depth in the scans.... Live the colour is superb...

But as promised you will get a better one if I am able to do so...

Kind regards Peer

All the D'A inks I have tried so far have been beautiful rich colours so I bet the Jane Austen is gorgeous. I'll have a look at your other post anyway.

thanks Peter

Marie

Verba volant, scripta manent

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I've been thinking about getting this ink, so glad I looked for reviews. The more writing examples the better.

I got a Waterman Phileas in Amazon green, and I think this ink would be a good match.

My green inks are Edelstein Aventurine, Rohrer & Klingner Alt Goldgrün, and perhaps De Atramentis Mint Turquoise can join this color range.

So a dark green would be nice, and DeA Jane Austen looks like a good one. Diamine Apple Glory appeals for its name, plus as a lighter green.

Posted Image

• 1 year later...

I don't have the knowledge or skill needed to have a regular "review" of this ink, or any ink. But, BUT, -- after a few lines written with this ink, I thought it was really bad, and that it looked like "baby poo!" But, I continued to write with it, and before long, it started to "grow on me." Why? I have no idea! I filled a half of a page in my journal and showed it to my wife, and she said, "This is nice!" But, being "nice" is only part of the story! The ink "has done something to me," poor earthen vessel that I am! I don't know why it has caused this reaction in me, and it likely will not do the same for you. I have Diamine Apple Glory green ink that I also love, but this Jane Austen has gone "where no other ink has ever gone" ---- with me, anyway! Can not explain it, but there it is! Take it or leave it! Believe it, or not! I have found a RARE INK that seems to have some sort of magical power over me! C. S.

I hear you! I really love this ink, and I don't know why: I prefer my greens to lean toward the blue side, so this is a colour I normally wouldn't even like, but there's just something about this ink that makes me love even the colour.

"To read without also writing is to sleep." - St. Jerome

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have the knowledge or skill needed to have a regular "review" of this ink, or any ink. But, BUT, -- after a few lines written with this ink, I thought it was really bad, and that it looked like "baby poo!" But, I continued to write with it, and before long, it started to "grow on me." Why? I have no idea! I filled a half of a page in my journal and showed it to my wife, and she said, "This is nice!" But, being "nice" is only part of the story! The ink "has done something to me," poor earthen vessel that I am! I don't know why it has caused this reaction in me, and it likely will not do the same for you. I have Diamine Apple Glory green ink that I also love, but this Jane Austen has gone "where no other ink has ever gone" ---- with me, anyway! Can not explain it, but there it is! Take it or leave it! Believe it, or not! I have found a RARE INK that seems to have some sort of magical power over me! C. S.

Well Charles

that is an amzing Story wiht a HAPPY END :D

I guess you might be interested in the great comparison of all DE Atramentis Standard inks I hope to publish soon