I Might Make Some Of You Laugh, But....

Tadeyev

Since CS pens are beyond groovy they can call them whatever they like.

I just draw the line at reptilian royals.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kulindi

• Vlad Soare

• Tadeyev

• Ghost Plane

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We are poles apart.............

Maybe. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. Diversity is good. :)

When you're saying that, are you referring to my opinion about Churchill? Or to my willingness to buy a high quality fountain pen despite its bearing the name of some despicable person?

Edited by Vlad Soare

Maybe. But that's not necessarily a bad thing. Diversity is good. :)

When you're saying that, are you referring to my opinion about Churchill? Or to my willingness to buy a high quality fountain pen despite its bearing the name of some despicable person?

Both........!!!!

I see.

OK, as far as the first point is concerned, we'll most probably never agree. Which is fine with me.

But regarding the second point, if you happen to own a Churchill pen, or at least to long for one, then you're no better than I am in this respect. :P

Edited by Vlad Soare

How about Chesterfield. It could be homage to the classic sofa design and the town in England with the famous twisted spire.

How about Chesterfield. It could be homage to the classic sofa design and the town in England with the famous twisted spire.

Or Lord Chesterfield, who wrote the classic letters on how to behave, to his son, with classic gems such as "dirt is matter out of place!"

Regards,

Kevin

Since CS pens are beyond groovy they can call them whatever they like.

I just draw the line at reptilian royals.

You don't like "Lizard King"?

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think this the right place to discuss such things. I'll send you a private message, because I wouldn't like to turn this thread into a political debate.

I'll just say I have no doubt that the Churchill is an extraordinary fountain pen, and whether I'll buy one or not has nothing whatsoever to do with its name. I've been contemplating getting either a Churchill or a Winston. In the end I've decided to go for a Wellington, but again, my choice had nothing to do with the name. :)

Hi vlad you are right this is not the place for such discussions. Nor is it the place to talk bad about people or Nations.

In my previous message I never head the intention of talking bad a bout people or Nations....

I am honestly soory and aologize if I had made that impression...

Let's skip talkinf on persobs here and concentrate on nice Pens Vlad...

I find the themes in your private message interesting and will adress to it in private mode...

Again Vlad have nice weekend and see you soon

Kind regards Peter

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

Tricked throughout the centuries...

For centuries people had been tricked by kings & "religion-alism"

In the 20th century people got tricked by communism

Today people get tricked by (neo)capitalism :)

I don't think this the right place to discuss such things. I'll send you a private message, because I wouldn't like to turn this thread into a political debate.

I'll just say I have no doubt that the Churchill is an extraordinary fountain pen, and whether I'll buy one or not has nothing whatsoever to do with its name. I've been contemplating getting either a Churchill or a Winston. In the end I've decided to go for a Wellington, but again, my choice had nothing to do with the name. :)

Why did I know it wouldn't be a Winston or a Churchill...???

Not sure why you knew.

But if I could buy only 1 CS, I would probably go for a Wellington (or a Nelson) too.

I have a Winston as well, but like my Nelson (Trafalgar) better. The Wellington is about the same.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Excellent post Morbus Curiositas......

Thanks Kulindi...

But maybe Vlad wa right not to do political stuff here.

But hey I like history that will always put some of it in my reviews or on history topics (on ink f.e) I post

Greetz

Peter

Das leben ist wie ein Perpetuum Mobile mit ein Mangel..... Immer im Bewegung jedoch nicht unendlich. (life is like a troubled Perpetuum Mobile ever moving but not for ever)

I don't know why. I said very clearly that the name would not be a buying criterion for me. :rolleyes:

I chose between Churchill and Winston based on looks (I'm somewhat more attracted to rounded forms, though it was a very close call), and then between Winston and Wellington based on size and weight.

I never head the intention of talking bad a bout people or Nations....

I am honestly soory and aologize if I had made that impression...

There's no need for an apology. I didn't interpret your message as nation-bashing.

There are no good or bad nations. Only good or bad rulers. Ordinary people are the same everywhere. :)

I have deep respect for the British, for their culture and history, and for the great men in their history. That one of them has made some mistakes, which lower my regard for him, has nothing to do with my view of the nation and doesn't influence it in the least.

Edited by Vlad Soare

I don't know why. I said very clearly that the name would not be a buying criterion for me. :rolleyes:

I chose between Churchill and Winston based on looks (I'm somewhat more attracted to rounded forms, though it was a very close call), and then between Winston and Wellington based on size and weight.

You will enjoy the Wellington, it is a beautiful pen.

My CS collection has grown very quickly in the past few months, largely because of the first one's quality--a Wellington in pistachio resin, with I-M nib--still, by far, my most stunning pen for both appearance and function.

How about The Eisenhower

Cool :-)

Or how about another small pen next to the Dinkie....

We call it the Monty :-) :-)

If anyone has watched the In-betweeners film, the cast went along the country taking pictures of some of the fore mentioned 'silly names' such as Pratt's Bottom and Cockfosters, to name a few.

I suppose though Conway Stewart could do a few more pens along the lines of famous ships, battles etc. like the 'Lancaster'....

Thoughts anyone?

Ben

''You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes''. A A Milne