Ann Arbor(Michigan) Pen Posse Meeting On April 5Th, 2014........

Wolverine1

Dear FPN Friends,

The Ann Arbor Pen Posse will be meeting on April 5th, 2014. We will meet at the Sweetwaters Cafe, located at 3393 Plymouth Road, Ann Arbor-48105. We have decided to meet at this place because, given that we are meeting in Ann Arbor, there is plenty of free parking available, and the cafe itself has a lot of space, that will allow us, even with a large turnout, to be comfortable. Plus, it is located ear a restaurant, if we want to get some food.

Unfortunately, one of the person who was our host, Thomas wont be there, since he has moved abroad due to work reasons, and we will miss him.

I will post details, like a map to the cafe, etc in the next hour.

Anyone have any questions can send me a PM via the FPN message system, or can send me a email to: sidss1@gmail.com

Hope to see you all at the A2 Pen Posse meeting!!!!!

- Sid

Edited by Wolverine1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wolverine1

• 00Photo

• MCN

• randomthinks

Dang, I'll have to work that day. One of these months, I'll get there.

"To read without also writing is to sleep." - St. Jerome

knarflj- when can you be there? Are saturdays a bad day for you due to your schedule? How about if we have a Sunday meeting? Let me know.

Hi All,

I am available to help out with any questions you might have if Sid (Wolverine1) is off line. You can PM me.

As a n00b, I am looking forward to my first meeting.

Regards,

Keith

I'm tough to schedule around, so I'm not sure I'd recommend trying, but thanks for asking! :) I expect that one of these days the meeting will happen when I don't have to be somewhere else, and then I'll get to meet you all.

Fwiw, though, I work two and a half Saturdays every month (the third weekend of the month is usually my weekend off). Sundays depend on time of day and time of month: I'm always in church for the morning, and fourth Sundays I also work through the afternoon. And that, of course, is without factoring in any family commitments . . .

Jenny

"To read without also writing is to sleep." - St. Jerome

I work most Saturdays until 2:30pm, I couldn't be there before 4pm or so. I'm usually off Sunday.

Larry

• 2 weeks later...

PAHarris- not to worry!!! Well, compared to some other experienced pen collectors I know, we are all rank beginners!!!!! So, we will meet together, watch and learn from one another, all at the same time having a lot of fun.

What happens at these meetings? I might be able to swing by for a little...

I don't see a time anywhere in the thread. When will the meetup start? (I can't be there between approx. 1:30-3:30 but any other time is fine.)

MCN- we will be at the cafe beginning at 11am, and we will be there till up to 3pm. People are welcome to join us at any time.

Well, JI, we will meet, and show each other our pens, inks, and paper samples. olks therefore get the opportunity to try out different pens, the different inks, and the different papers. There is a lot of discussion about pens and nibs, inks, papers. I like meeting people, and trying out pens of different sizes, and to find out how different nibs actually work out on paper.

And, we all get to know each other better, and it is fun spending time with other like-minded persons. :)

So, if folks cant make it to the meeting on April 5th, do not despair- because, Keith and Martin and I are already talking about getting the next meeting organised, maybe on a Sunday afternoon, so that many more of you all can come and join in on the fun!!!! :):) :)

And the meetup is at : Sweetwaters Cafe

3393 Plymouth Road

Ann Arbor, MI-48105

734-327-6330

Again, we will be there from 11.00am onwards.

Shoot me a PM or email me at: sidss1ATGMail.com if you have any questions

We'll see you all on Saturday!!:):)

Edited by Wolverine1