tenchitekno

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:59

Hello all,

So this is my first post. I bought a pen from Amazon's discount site, MyHabit, almost a full year ago now. I tried to find the correct cartridge for this pen. I tried two or three different cartridges to no avail back then. I gave up and frankly do not remember what cartridges I tried. The little empty sleeve that came inside the pen says "Lady Austria" on it. And MyHabit listed it as a Montegrappa pen, but it does not particular look similar to anything in their line from what I can tell. It should be noted that I am very new to fountain pens. The pen in question is my first purchase and I gave up for awhile after this. But I ended up buying a Lamy Safari with a Z24 converter and Waterman Intense Black ink at the end of this past January and I like it. So thought I should see if anyone knew the ink cartridge or converter for this "Teorema Lacca Boreaux" pen.Fountain%20Pen%20Help%20Needed.jpg

Edited by tenchitekno, 04 March 2014 - 04:03.

#2 mhguda

mhguda

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:20

I did find it listed somewhere as a Montegrappa pen, so you might want to try a Montegrappa converter. I've seen those at amazon dot com (no affiliation). Not cheap. And they look a lot like the standard ones which you can also find at amazon, in 3packs for maybe 5 dollars. They might fit, or the pen might be too slender - but you should probably be able to fit a standard international cartridge in there, either long or short. Those are often sold in office supply stores. Or, again, amazon, or any of the pen sellers on this board.

Good luck with the hunt.

save energy - write with a fountain pen...

#3 tenchitekno

tenchitekno

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:16

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully, I'll find something that works now that I'm returning to the hunt.

#4 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,391 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 March 2014 - 15:28

Montegrappa used the international standard cartridge and converter. But that is not a Montegrappa of which I am familiar.

How pierceful grows the hazy yon! How myrtle petaled thou! For spring hath sprung the cyclotron - How high browse thou, brown cow? -- Churchy LaFemme, 1950

Anyone so limited that they can only spell a word one way suffers a severe handicap. -- jar

The last pen I bought will be the next to last pen I ever buy! --jar

#5 StrawberryJam

StrawberryJam

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 March 2014 - 23:36

The ebay seller "judperl" sells a lot of these pens.  (See for example his listing here: http://www.ebay.com/...=item20db961137)  Maybe if you contact him he can tell you what kind of converter/cartridge it needs?

Current Wishlist:

Visconti, Visconti, and...more Visconti!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, needink, ladyaustria, montegrappa