#121 manolo

manolo

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 April 2014 - 18:25

I have tried some Romillos and, if you can afford one, this a pen not to miss. The Landó is the most impressive pen I have ever had in my hands, I dont know if they still manufacture it. The K nib...well, I cannot use these flex nibs but I have seen some good writers make flourishings with them and ...wow, impressive behaviour.

#122 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2014 - 00:01

I have tried some Romillos and, if you can afford one, this a pen not to miss. The Landó is the most impressive pen I have ever had in my hands, I dont know if they still manufacture it. The K nib...well, I cannot use these flex nibs but I have seen some good writers make flourishings with them and ...wow, impressive behaviour.

Hmm. Don't think I've seen the lando. The k flex true potential will probably be lost on me but I do enjoy messing around with flexible nibs so I think this will still be quite the treat. ( the Romillo soul with k flex I got on the wAy)

#123 manolo

manolo

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 April 2014 - 20:37

Hmm. Don't think I've seen the lando. The k flex true potential will probably be lost on me but I do enjoy messing around with flexible nibs so I think this will still be quite the treat. ( the Romillo soul with k flex I got on the wAy)

I have checked and Landó is not offered on their site. Filling system was a kind of pump filler, very nice.

#124 Wahl

Wahl

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2014 - 16:27

The Landó has the same size as the Eo while capped, 143mm. but is slightly larger uncapped.

#125 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 899 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 April 2014 - 20:24

For those who might be interested.

I measured the amount of ink the Eo 9 holds.. It was at exactly 1.75ML

The system they use must be very efficient. I have written pages upon pages of notes- tons of doodles. Tons of everything you can think to do with a fountain pen. The amount I have written would have emptied any other pen I have. funny thing, when i went to change my ink to my new bottle of yama dori the pen was still half full.. And its not as though its a dry writer, its pretty wet.  

#126 WilsonCQB1911

WilsonCQB1911

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:01

These pens sound like they are made of magic  :lol:

#127 mongrelnomad

mongrelnomad

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:49

For those who might be interested.

I measured the amount of ink the Eo 9 holds.. It was at exactly 1.75ML

The system they use must be very efficient. I have written pages upon pages of notes- tons of doodles. Tons of everything you can think to do with a fountain pen. The amount I have written would have emptied any other pen I have. funny thing, when i went to change my ink to my new bottle of yama dori the pen was still half full.. And its not as though its a dry writer, its pretty wet.  

Interesting. Begs to be seen if the Romillo becomes my go-to travel pen. Currently, the king is a Conid Bulkfiller (with titanium EF nib) - that thing just keeps going forever. 

Too many pens; too little writing.

#128 WilsonCQB1911

WilsonCQB1911

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:59

I just sent in my order for a Nervion #9.

#129 Wahl

Wahl

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,084 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:14

Just been on the phone with Alvaro Romillo, my Eo should be ready next week.

Edited by Wahl, 15 April 2014 - 10:14.

#130 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 899 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 April 2014 - 13:21

Can't wait to see pics!

#131 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 899 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 April 2014 - 13:22

I just sent in my order for a Nervion #9.

Congrats!! Can we see some pics once you get it?

#132 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 899 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 April 2014 - 13:30

Interesting. Begs to be seen if the Romillo becomes my go-to travel pen. Currently, the king is a Conid Bulkfiller (with titanium EF nib) - that thing just keeps going forever.

Hey mongrel,

What size nib did you get on your Romillo? I got a fine with generous flow and I have written at least 20 pages worth of notes for my books and countless "I am going to be a famous writer" - instead of the more commonly known "the fox jumped over ect...." (I find writing the fist sentence much more therapeutic ! Hahahah) oops back on point --- the Romillo just kept writing- when I went to change out my ink I was very surprised to find half a fill remaining. I know it's not exact or scientific but I write ALOT and I have a pretty good gauge when i am about to run out of ink and I was pretty shocked to find so much ink left.

Edited by Sblakers, 15 April 2014 - 14:28.

#133 MisterBoll

MisterBoll

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,730 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 14:28

I have written at least 20 pages worth of notes for my books and countless "I am going to be a famous writer" - instead of the more commonly known "the fox jumped over ect...." (I find writing the fist sentence much more therapeutic !

Change that to "I am a famous writer" then it happens.

What you are writing now is flawed by the "going to be" part. It's kinda like saying or using the word "hope" - it never happens.

#134 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 899 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 April 2014 - 14:50

What you are writing now is flawed by the "going to be" part. It's kinda like saying or using the word "hope" - it never happens.

I like it!

Never can have too many excuses to do a writing sample.
imagejpg1_zpsb47d7046.jpg

#135 MisterBoll

MisterBoll

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,730 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 16:07

I like it!

You want to create what you want - not the desire to have it.

#136 ArchiMark

ArchiMark

Pen Nut & Pretty Good Guy

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• 2,282 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 April 2014 - 18:08

Agree....

As we say in my biz, "hope is not a plan...."..... ;)

Digerati & FP Addict
Diplomat #055, Vacumaniac, & Nozacerati

*** Please check my for sale posts in Classifieds ***

#137 mongrelnomad

mongrelnomad

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,687 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:42

Hey mongrel,

What size nib did you get on your Romillo? I got a fine with generous flow and I have written at least 20 pages worth of notes for my books and countless "I am going to be a famous writer" - instead of the more commonly known "the fox jumped over ect...." (I find writing the fist sentence much more therapeutic ! Hahahah) oops back on point --- the Romillo just kept writing- when I went to change out my ink I was very surprised to find half a fill remaining. I know it's not exact or scientific but I write ALOT and I have a pretty good gauge when i am about to run out of ink and I was pretty shocked to find so much ink left.

I got a firm EF.

As to the other argument flowing in tandem - you know what I think of the writing issue: just write what you want to write (need to write?), as best you can; then always try to write it better. 

Edited by mongrelnomad, 16 April 2014 - 08:59.

Too many pens; too little writing.

#138 Soot

Soot

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 876 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 08:47

Late to the post; just seeing this right now.

Sean, you have created a frenzy on Romillo! So this was the pen you're talking about, do I need to click on the "buy-it-now" button to try it out too?

My hands are itching... :lticaptd:

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." -- A. Einstein

#139 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 899 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 April 2014 - 21:18

Late to the post; just seeing this right now.

Sean, you have created a frenzy on Romillo! So this was the pen you're talking about, do I need to click on the "buy-it-now" button to try it out too?

My hands are itching... :lticaptd:

After having the pen for about a week now, or has it been 2 weeks? Wow time goes by quickly! The pen continues to grow on me. The nib is perfection as far as I am concerned. The pen is so comfortable I can take notes for hours on end with no fatigue. Just got through having a marathon like session with the romillo and found myself going back through my notes and marveling at the luscious line(instead of what was actually written). These pens are a bargain as far as I'm concerned. I find myself conflicted, my EO 9 is so amazing and I have no real desire for another pen and yet I am terribly excited about the Soul I have on the way because of how amazing the EO is.

If I were you and I knew what I know :) then I would click that buy it now without hesitation !

Edited by Sblakers, 16 April 2014 - 23:01.

#140 Sblakers

Sblakers

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 899 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 April 2014 - 22:10

I got a firm EF.

As to the other argument flowing in tandem - you know what I think of the writing issue: just write what you want to write (need to write?), as best you can; then always try to write it better.

Hey mongrel. With an EF nib I would imagine( based on the performance of mine) that you would have a pretty solid ink supply. 1.75ml is nothing to sneeze at. That's more than a 149.

[Sponsored Content]